Guess what I found under my truck yesterday???

Was under the truck yesterday putting on my new shocks and seen this, A good few inch chunk taken out of my middle leaf spring... Could not Believe it, the truck is only 5-6 years old, I seen 10 year old trucks or more on original leaf's, this is crazy.... Not to mention the other part was sticking I had to put it all back on place and clamp it... Holds tight with no movement now but still a broken leaf, Wow...Gonna cost a few dollars to fix this now because of cheap ass steel... No reason why a truck with my mileage and year should of broken a leaf spring like this

528223_10151922142984012_144644544_n.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is crazy. I just put new struts on my wifes 2005 Equinox over the weekend and her right front spring was snapped off about 4 inches up. GM needs to look into their metal suppliers.

My Cousins Ford F250 Hd. Had two broken leafs and they fell off while we were towing a Travel Trailer.

Luckily it didn't pierce the Trailer.

They Broke in the same place you mentioned in the picture, but his flew off.

Scooby

I had 327k on my truck before I replaced the spring packing which wasnt even bad, just wanted 2500 leaf springs. That definentely should have not happened

Exactly! I'm at 310k miles with stock springs...

Sent from my SGH-I927 using Tapatalk 2

Truck is out of warranty long ago, GM won't do a thing for me, that I know... At the dealer today, didn't seem surprised... My buddy in parts said I'm not the only one they did, even keep leafs in stock they get from a local supplier to do this exact thing... My dad couldn't even Believe it, he come out while I was doing my shocks to look and was floored that a truck with 80,000 miles busted a leaf like that... Truck never hauled a big trailer to my knowledge and for the last 3 years never had a thing in the box but a full load of dry cedar kindling for a buddy... and that was light as a feather... So yah, not impressed

Archived