More quality out of my 2013 Sierra(Rust)

Just got back from 3 weeks in the Philippines, and noticed today that along the bottom of the door, under the weather stripping, it is rusting. The paint on the frame in the wheel well is also flaking off, and that is rusting as well. Haven't even done the first oil change yet. My traction control, ABS, and stabilitrak lights were stuck on today as well. I've babied this thing since I bought it, as its my first new truck. Such a disappointment.

The cracked door handles mentioned in this thread http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/151053-anyone-else-have-problems-with-cracked-plastic-in-their-interior/?do=findComment&comment=1325777, were diagnosed as "factory molding lines" yet the cracks are not identical, like you would expect from a mold. Will be taking it to a different dealership tomorrow, as I'm going to Mexico for 8 days. Will update when I get back.

Never again will I buy a GM.20130423_190430_zpsef4b85c9.jpg20130423_190438_zpsaa8a200a.jpg

I've also noticed my front and rear bumpers aren't exactly straight. Not sure if the picture shows it. But it's been driving me crazy.

20130423_191502_zpsdaf63d40.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That seal is an easy fix. Personally i would either get the dealership to replace it or buy a new one, either way you can seal that little gap with some black silicone. It does kinda suck you have to do that to a brand new truck but every manufacturer has small build problems. GM is not the only one with problems.

I'm not paying for anything.. That's for damn sure. The build quality on this truck is pathetically cheap, and I'm going to make sure everyone knows. Unfortunately I can't eat a 60k price tag and not complain.

The rust may be from the metal in the seal itself. Kind of looks like it in the pic. The frame should have a rubberized coating and not paint ( until it wears off and the frame rusts anyway). The bumper should be addressed.

Do you see what I'm talking about with the bumper? The rear one is at a slight downwards angle as well.

Another thing that annoys me is my truck was missing a fog light bulb.. Like really? Does anyone check these things over before they sell em? So many flaky little issues.

Wow u got some issues. My 2010 hasnt had any frame coating or paint rust issues. Definitely go see the dealer. I'd also be pissed if I over paid for the truck. 60k? Really? U could had a new 2500 diesel...

Sent using Tapatalk

Yeah keep in mind us Canadians pay larger price tags too. Its also in CAD. So the flaking frame paint would be covered as well? Its not even chipped, just flaking off and rusting.

Oh didn't catch u were in Canada. I'm not sure if there is a difference in the frame coating, but mine is like a sticky coating. Not paint. I don't see how it could chip, flake or peel and its 3 years old. Definitely couldn't rust unless it was scraped off.

Sent using Tapatalk

you wont pay for anything ,,,,,,i was a tech ,i own Toyotas now ,,,,,,i saw to many new trucks/cars on my hoist lol

i'm alittle gun shy about buying a new GM product

just keep goin back with anything you dont like ,,,if you get attitude call regional svc mgr

you wont pay for anything ,,,,,,i was a tech ,i own Toyotas now ,,,,,,i saw to many new trucks/cars on my hoist lol

i'm alittle gun shy about buying a new GM product

just keep goin back with anything you dont like ,,,if you get attitude call regional svc mgr

Yea Toyota hasn't had any issues now have they Rob.....lol

Archived