2014 Silverado 0-60 video

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want the power and the efficiency. The 5.3 in my '11 is dine as long as you don't hook up a trailer that's very heavy. Then its a gutless turd. I can accept that, but I think I'll go 6.2 next time. Don't won't/need a diesel.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Trucks are not made for racing. They are made for work :)

Hauled a few loads of pavers, some appliances, mulch, potting soil, etc. I wouldn't consider that to be work, but it's as close as my current truck will get.

This one was meant for work

936.jpg

This one isn't

IMG_20130707_135250_113_zpsfca8765a.jpg

• 1 month later...

New 0 - 60 video

August 30, 2013

1 mile (~5300 feet) above sea level

9.31 seconds

I bet it has 3:08 gears....

New 0 - 60 video

August 30, 2013

1 mile (~5300 feet) above sea level

9.31 seconds

I bet it has 3:08 gears....

Elevation has to be killing it. That truck is a dog off the line compared to other videos I r seen. And it looks like the same one they did the Eisenhower pass test with so it is 3.08s.

I thought as far as traction control you could completely turn it off, but stability control, if turned off turns its self back on after 30mph.

That's what the manual says for the new trucks.

That's crazy that you can't turn it off and leave it off.

Liability, GM is worried about lawsuits.

It's probably more than that. Even on the 900-series trucks the system is never fully off. Stability control is a federally mandated nanny so they're probably not allowed to have it go fully off on standard models. I remembered watching a YouTube video on the Raptor when it first came out and the narrator talked about the off road mode which disabled ABS, stability control and traction fully and how careful you need to be in that mode and how only experienced people should use it. So I guess that means you need to be an expert driver to drive older vehicles without all the nannies. :lol:

I have disabled stabilitrac (gmt900) and am curious as to how it isn't fully disabled. I haven't had it inhibit my driving in any way, and I've given it plenty of reasons to try.

I think the manual says even in "off" mode there is still a limited amount of traction control. Turning it off will let you slide around in the snow and whatnot but its never truly off if memory serves.

Archived