2014 Silverado 0-60 video

I have disabled stabilitrac (gmt900) and am curious as to how it isn't fully disabled. I haven't had it inhibit my driving in any way, and I've given it plenty of reasons to try.

Ya. You can turn it completely off with EFI Live I'm 95% sure. It's part of the traction control/stability control/torque management tables.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a 6000 lb 4 wheel drive stock pick up. You want blistering 0-60 buy a Vette.

I want the best of both worlds.

Pretty sure we do have the best of both worlds :)

Those are pathetic numbers IMO, looks like if you want anything but a slow turd stay away from the 5.3 and go for the 13' non afm 6.2. Gm's are going to have the slowest standard equipped pickup this time. Pretty sure the ford 5.0 is quicker, tundra is quicker for sure and the hemi will walk all over the 5.3 as well. We won't talk about the ego-boost either, pretty close race for the ego/6.2 as well...GM has got to step it up!!!!!!!!!

Pretty sure we do have the best of both worlds :)

Those are pathetic numbers IMO, looks like if you want anything but a slow turd stay away from the 5.3 and go for the 13' non afm 6.2. Gm's are going to have the slowest standard equipped pickup this time. Pretty sure the ford 5.0 is quicker, tundra is quicker for sure and the hemi will walk all over the 5.3 as well. We won't talk about the ego-boost either, pretty close race for the ego/6.2 as well...GM has got to step it up!!!!!!!!!

That video is crap and what will really matter is when we can see the numbers from a 3.73 equipped truck. And I bet on E85 and even 3.42s the 5.3 would walk most of those trucks.

I've been watching some videos now, from what I can see something is not fitting. Something isn't right about how slow they seem, it's really sad GM can get people to pay tht much money for something that competitors walk all over. Check this out. A maggy charged 14' 5.3 running high 13's!?!?!?!?? That is weaaaaak. A tuned ego-boost would beat it, even a tuned 6.2 would beat it. 3:08 or 3:73 it's still slow.

That video is crap and what will really matter is when we can see the numbers from a 3.73 equipped truck. And I bet on E85 and even 3.42s the 5.3 would walk most of those trucks.

I highly doubt it's gonna "walk" anything. Maybe I'm wrong but, I've been watchin plenty of vids now and they don't seem to be speed demon trucks that's for damn sure. I wonder what the "real world" economy is like....

I highly doubt it's gonna "walk" anything. Maybe I'm wrong but, I've been watchin plenty of vids now and they don't seem to be speed demon trucks that's for damn sure. I wonder what the "real world" economy is like....

And I bet none of those trucks run E85, which is what I run so long as I'm not headed out of state where finding it can be a hassle now. Nevermind that most of the videos, if not all of them are crew cabs and in the case of the Lingenfelter one, I think its an LTZ to boot so you're talking the heaviest possible configuration. And regardless, if you're looking to build a truck for power, anything other than GM is a waste of time and money. The EcoBoost has lots of promise from just a tune but frankly it could run 10s and I'd still be somewhat disinterested due to the exhaust note, or lack thereof. And unless the Ram tuners are absolute magic, I've never seen their 5-speed (it isn't really a six speed) shift properly in all the different variations I've driven. The fact that these trucks share engine design with the Vette (and likely the next Camaro) means there will always be better parts/tuning available for them. And in the end, the only other brand I'd ever consider would be the Ford with the 5.0- the Tundra was ugly and it was only made worse with the 2014 design and the Ram has the 5-speed in most of the models I'd be interested in and unless their web builder is wrong, you can't get a 5.7 at all in the SLT mid line trim. The 8-speed works nice in other models but for me to consider it they need to put a real shifter in there. The wonky console shifter they have in the 300 and Charger is horrid and I can't imagine the knob in the Ram is at all acceptable. Just fixing crap that isn't broken.

And I bet none of those trucks run E85, which is what I run so long as I'm not headed out of state where finding it can be a hassle now. Nevermind that most of the videos, if not all of them are crew cabs and in the case of the Lingenfelter one, I think its an LTZ to boot so you're talking the heaviest possible configuration. And regardless, if you're looking to build a truck for power, anything other than GM is a waste of time and money. The EcoBoost has lots of promise from just a tune but frankly it could run 10s and I'd still be somewhat disinterested due to the exhaust note, or lack thereof. And unless the Ram tuners are absolute magic, I've never seen their 5-speed (it isn't really a six speed) shift properly in all the different variations I've driven. The fact that these trucks share engine design with the Vette (and likely the next Camaro) means there will always be better parts/tuning available for them. And in the end, the only other brand I'd ever consider would be the Ford with the 5.0- the Tundra was ugly and it was only made worse with the 2014 design and the Ram has the 5-speed in most of the models I'd be interested in and unless their web builder is wrong, you can't get a 5.7 at all in the SLT mid line trim. The 8-speed works nice in other models but for me to consider it they need to put a real shifter in there. The wonky console shifter they have in the 300 and Charger is horrid and I can't imagine the knob in the Ram is at all acceptable. Just fixing crap that isn't broken.

i dont know anything about e85 bud, but i doubt its gonna magically take tenths off of a 1/4 time.

FWIW ive seen some guys lay down some pretty damn quick times with "hemifever" tunes, im just saying...i know its a truck dont get me wrong. but its hard to take in especially watching the other manufacturers come out with some really decent running engines and GM not really takin the bull by the horn at all in the engine depo. You are right tho mike, their is NO comparison when it comes to aftermarket world...

ill be sticking with my duramax for awhile :thumbs:

i dont know anything about e85 bud, but i doubt its gonna magically take tenths off of a 1/4 time.

FWIW ive seen some guys lay down some pretty damn quick times with "hemifever" tunes, im just saying...i know its a truck dont get me wrong. but its hard to take in especially watching the other manufacturers come out with some really decent running engines and GM not really takin the bull by the horn at all in the engine depo. You are right tho mike, their is NO comparison when it comes to aftermarket world...

ill be sticking with my duramax for awhile :thumbs:

E85 takes HP from 355 to 380 and tq to over 400 lb-ft. It should make a good difference I'd think.

True but it gets to a point where power numbers aren't as important as delivery. The below photo is from the test Car & Driver did. The order is 5.3 Chevy, EB Ford and 5.7 Ram. The Ram did fairly poorly. asuvasuq.jpg

i wonder how accurate those numbers are...i mean like what elevation, ambient temp, what models they used blah blah blah. interesting how heavy the dodge is, only about 500 pounds from my duramax. My truck is about 6600 pounnds with half a tank and me in it at the dump i go to on the scale. that ford is a heavy pig too my god.

is that "e85" numbers?

i wonder how accurate those numbers are...i mean like what elevation, ambient temp, what models they used blah blah blah. interesting how heavy the dodge is, only about 500 pounds from my duramax. My truck is about 6600 pounnds with half a tank and me in it at the dump i go to on the scale. that ford is a heavy pig too my god.

is that "e85" numbers?

Those aren't E85, the only E85 testing I'm aware of is Lingenfelter. Testing was done in south Texas but I think all the magazines "correct" times to a standard condition set so a car tested at sea level on a cool dry day can be compared to one tested on a hot humid day in Colorado.

Rams and Fords run very heavy and even worse is Rams don't have the GVW to deal with it. I think the GVW for that truck was 6800 lbs so the payload numbers suck. All three were loaded- LTZ Chevy, Lariat Ford and Laramie Longhorn Ram.

LOL so maybe 15 RWHP, thats barely a tenth in the 1/4 mike.....

:nopity:

For reference, the difference in the standard tune to the e85 tune was roughly 1/2 second in the 0 - 60 run and roughly 1/2 second in the 1/4 mile as well

http://www.gmhightechperformance.com/tech/engines/1306_2014_silverado_solid_baseline/

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/07/lingenfelter-performance-puts-the-2014-silverado-on-the-dyno-with-video/

Archived