Carpet in wheel wells?

These new trucks are a downright let down, the factory rocker guard finish looks terrible IMO... I'd never want that on my truck ever, makes it looks like an old bomb someone is trying to make last for another year

If you run much on non-paved roads it is great. The no chip paint is barely visible while standing (two or so inches high in area) and looks a hell of a lot better than the rocker paint on my 09. That would be the look of a shot gun blast to the rockers. Paint chips by the hundreds. I would prefer the toya application of up to the belt line. I do agree that there are things that I do not like about the over all truck but the little bit of no chip rocker finish is not one.

• Like 1

How so (besides the rocker paint)

I went all over the truck the other day and it's nothing to write home about, the styling is totally bland, I met one coming toward me the other day on the road and could barely tell it apart until it was right on top of me, Back bumper looks horrible with the steps and cheap as well... Still running junk tires, cheapo interior... Ford and dodge make it look horrible in comparison... GM had over 6 years to hit a home run and take it to dodge and ford and I think they failed

Edited by 2007SierraSLT
  • Like 2

I have a 1/2 mile of gravel road (soon to be paved I hope) so I think its a good idea. Don't really notice it unless your looking for it. They didn't put any behind the rear wheel. I quess they thought it would show too much.

I'd much rather 3m clear film then this stuff, to me it belongs on a old beater to cover up defects, not on a 50,000 truck

• Like 1

I went all over the truck the other day and it's nothing to write home about, the styling is totally bland, I met one coming toward me the other day on the road and could barely tell it apart until it was right on top of me, Back bumper looks horrible with the steps and cheap as well... Still running junk tires, cheapo interior... Ford and dodge make it look horrible in comparison... GM had over 6 years to hit a home run and take it to dodge and ford and I think they failed

I'm guessing you don't like the new trucks? :lol:

I disagree with several of your criticisms. After seeing a GMC up close I can tell how GM refined several things on the new models. The styling isn't radically different however it looks 'tighter' and more modern than the 900s to me. My hunch is that this model won't be the flashiest of the Big 3 but owners will come to realize it is maybe the best in several ways.

Edited by weagle99
  • Like 2

I would have to disagree aswell .The gmc's look completely different than the previous body style take a better look. As for the tires I have never had an issue with them. Cheap interior are we talking about the previous body style ? Ill let u sit in mine verses last years model and see if u come to another conclusion. Bumpers are actually functional and go with the theme of the truck. Dodge and ford can't touch this truck right now trust me I've looked at both several times. Ford used to have the nicer interior but not any more. Dodge on the other hand I mean need I say any more?

• Like 3

Got my first close up look at a 2014 Silverado yesterday and first thing I notice is the carpet in the wheel wells. What the heck is that all about? Must be for road noise reduction but I wonder how it will hold up under constant rocks, tar and road salt.

Not to mention -30 weather and snow!!

I'd much rather 3m clear film then this stuff, to me it belongs on a old beater to cover up defects, not on a 50,000 truck

One cannot really see it unless you bend down and look for it. The tundra's have it much higher on the door and you can barely notice it. My 09 has many chips all the way up to the lower door trim. Have tried 3m and it will discolor, show dirt around the edges and guess what it to will chip/tear/gouge when hit with the rocks thrown by tires. I wish the no-chip was all the way up to the trim and behind the rear tires.

Edited by STex
  • Like 2

I like the carpet in the wheel wells. The new truck is super quiet. It honestly feels like you are driving a luxury car. I'm glad GM didn't go super flashy. They put a new interior in the truck which in my opinion was greatly needed. They also made the front grill look more aggressive which was also needed. They already had a great truck before why make a huge change?

• Like 3

I would have to disagree aswell .The gmc's look completely different than the previous body style take a better look. As for the tires I have never had an issue with them. Cheap interior are we talking about the previous body style ? Ill let u sit in mine verses last years model and see if u come to another conclusion. Bumpers are actually functional and go with the theme of the truck. Dodge and ford can't touch this truck right now trust me I've looked at both several times. Ford used to have the nicer interior but not any more. Dodge on the other hand I mean need I say any more?

I seen both don't worry, Ford and Dodge have a nicer interior... I'd much rather sit behind the old slt/ltz interior. Truck still doesn't have a console shift that more then half of the other trucks have and everyone pretty well loves except the hardcore GM guys... I can't stand the layout of the work truck style interiors.... The step bumper is cheesy, and cheap looking. My truck had the stock goodyear's, they were junk and they are still using crappy tires.

The flashy trucks are what sells, Ford and dodge sell every one of them they can build, GM should get in the game and do the same, because the high country is no where near as nice as a platinum, longhorn etc...

GM even said they were kind of after the work market with the trucks... Ford does both, GM seems to have a hard time to do just the work crowd

Edited by 2007SierraSLT

I seen both don't worry, Ford and Dodge have a nicer interior... I'd much rather sit behind the old slt/ltz interior. Truck still doesn't have a console shift that more then half of the other trucks have and everyone pretty well loves except the hardcore GM guys... I can't stand the layout of the work truck style interiors.... The step bumper is cheesy, and cheap looking. My truck had the stock goodyear's, they were junk and they are still using crappy tires.

The flashy trucks are what sells, Ford and dodge sell every one of them they can build, GM should get in the game and do the same, because the high country is no where near as nice as a platinum, longhorn etc...

GM even said they were kind of after the work market with the trucks... Ford does both, GM seems to have a hard time to do just the work crowd

Why are you so hung up on a console shifter? That's car stuff right there and nothing more. I can see a floor console being desirable but the shifter just wastes space. Keep it on the column where it belongs.

• Like 7

If I wanted the shifter in the center of my cab I would buy a manual transmission. All that does is kill storage space and make an area to trap dirt and food while on the road. Ill take my column shifter any day.

• Like 3

If I wanted the shifter in the center of my cab I would buy a manual transmission. All that does is kill storage space and make an area to trap dirt and food while on the road. Ill take my column shifter any day.

Agree. I have driven my friends Ford and the shifter is a pain. I do not mind it in my cars. In the truck a column shifter just works better and gives more usable space.

• Like 3