Carpet in wheel wells?

Agree. I have driven my friends Ford and the shifter is a pain. I do not mind it in my cars. In the truck a column shifter just works better and gives more usable space.

Thing is, everyone who owns a ford and dodge love it, way more then half of them trucks sold have a console shifter and it's there because the customers want it... My GMC doesn't give me ooodles more storage space then a Ford does, it's about the same... I'd LOVE to have one in my GMC

Only people that seem to hate it are the GM crowd because they have never had it, everyone else loves it... Atleast offer it in the high country and denali, those customers are the same customers buying limited, plaitnum's, longhorns who are looking for this sort of thing

Edited by 2007SierraSLT

People buy them because they like dodge and ford...the same reason u buy a Gm doesn't really matter where the shifter is.

A lot more buyers are looking for an option like this, more and more people want their trucks to be more car like and use them more like cars??? Why not offer it???

I have driven everything and I would much prefer the center shift because the column shift doesn't really offer much more space unless you got a bench seat

Sorry that might have come over alittle blunt. What I mean is I buy those types of vehicles for my wife. I like having my shifter on the column. I know it's just a preference and I know some people would like it changed but for me I happy with the changes they have made on this vehicle and where they put stuff.

• Like 1

My Tacoma had a floor shifter and it was stupid. Waste of space where cup holders would've been more practical or an additional storage bin. If you like them then that is fine, but there is zero reason to have one there as it just wastes space.

• 3 months later...

One cannot really see it unless you bend down and look for it. The tundra's have it much higher on the door and you can barely notice it. My 09 has many chips all the way up to the lower door trim. Have tried 3m and it will discolor, show dirt around the edges and guess what it to will chip/tear/gouge when hit with the rocks thrown by tires. I wish the no-chip was all the way up to the trim and behind the rear tires.

I remember you mentioning paint chips some months ago & about how easily they seemed to show up. I disagreed as I had a 2007 & the newer ones being transported never really stood out. BUT my 2013 has been babied & there are chips showing up everywhere, it is insane. Maybe better said as pathetic. I know it is because the EPA requires colored water for both prime/paint, but hope they fixed or updated their paint system on the 2014's.

When I read this thread, I felt compelled to make a few comments. First, let me say I appreciate each and everyone of you and your opinions about things. That is the main reason I spend so much time on this forum. I am fully retired and have a little more time to dedicate to it than most of you. In addition, since I have ordered my 6.2L Denali with a TPW of next week, i have been more than interested in everything that goes on here. Having said that, I would also like to say I tend to "dance to a different drummer" than most of you. For example, I almost ordered a Dodge Ram Laramie Longhorn because I wanted the shifter in the console. In my opinion, a man shifts from the floor, a woman shifts from the column, especially with a truck. In addition, I have absolutely no use for storage space in the console. I hate the GM trucks with all the empty holes in the console. However, I have been a GM guy all my life, except for some European autos during my 15 years stationed in Germany. I couldn't walk away from GM at this point in my life, so I ordered the Denali. In addition, I have owned Corvettes for over 15 years and have owned 4 Silverados, so a Dodge just wasn't in the master plan. Just wanted to add a different opinion...mine. As I mentioned, I know it's a minority opinion, but just wanted to share it. I think it's important for everyone to know there are different opinions for practically everything. Bling is another subject...there is no such thing as too much chrome on a truck for me! I told you I was different!.

Congrats OJ on your new vehicle purchase. While I am around your age, I think the younger guys appreciate the center console for storage of all things "personal electronics". That is why these (consoles) are so popular. While I like the look of a center shifter it does take up valuable space. I really don't care how I shift gears. When I buy a vehicle the floor console/column shifter really is a non-issue for me.

Just my thoughts! BTW - I test drove a 2014 Silverado and if I could justify the purchase I would buy one.

Your going to have one nice ride-ENJOY!

Edited by CKNSLS

Congrats OJ on your new vehicle purchase. While I am around your age, I think the younger guys appreciate the center console for storage of all things "personal electronics". That is why these (consoles) are so popular. While I like the look of a center shifter it does take up valuable space. I really don't care how I shift gears. When I buy a vehicle the floor console/column shifter really is a non-issue for me.

Just my thoughts! BTW - I test drove a 2014 Silverado and if I could justify the purchase I would buy one.

Your going to have one nice ride-ENJOY!

Thanks man. Yea, I guess I am pretty excited about it. Ordering a new vehicle never gets old. I usually buy off the lot because I don't have the patience to wait for an ordered one. However, this time I wanted to get exactly what I wanted, so I ordered it. You are right about the different generations, and also the fact that the younger guys are still working so they probably need more storage space...As for the console shifter, I didn't know any difference until I saw the Dodge Laramie with it in the console. I have had several Silverados and was content with the shifter until I saw that Ram. If the truth were known, it never was a show stopper for me either. Thanks again for your comments.

• 4 weeks later...

The center console is one of the things we like the most. Searched long and hard to find a cloth interior with the center console, but we found it and bought it.

The column shifter allows more options and flexibility with the center console. We took a little 3,000 mile trip and discovered that by moving the cup holders to the forward slot, the opening in the rear was just the right size to secure a half gallon of milk and large bag of potato chips. Yeah, we snack healthy when we roll. We've never seen another vehicle that could hold a half gallon of milk in the center console. So was this dumb luck or did GM design it that way? Don't know, but we like it.