2014+ Suspension Lifts

Roidz I did talk to several people and came to the consensus that with a 6" lift I will need the body lift. I don't like things to be too high so I am opting for the 1.5 by Zone and with a little trimming that should fit 37s. I looked at the 3 inch body but I just hate body lifts so I am doing the minimal. With all 3"s of body you could probably run 39s with trimming but then again that's a lot on a gas burner. I am going to do the 37s as soon as my tires now wear out. I did already order the body lift and will have it installed as soon as I get someone to mock up a new bracket to move my push bumper. All my parking sensors are in it and I don't want to relocate them again.

Mike if you do the body and suspension you should be able to easily clear 33's, I have seen only 4 inch clear 35s on the 2014s. The dealership I bought mine at sells a lot of lifted new trucks and they have just a 4" fabtech and it looks nice. I just opted for the bigger lift because I knew I would be going bigger with tires very soon.

has anyone ever put the rough country 1.25 inch body lift on a truck? Or even better does anyone have it on their 2014 or know someone with it? I'm thinking about putting the 2.5" suspension level and then putting the 1.25" body lift. Along with 33inch A/T on KMC XD Series Hoss rims wrapped with 275 60 R20s. For anyone who has a few moments to spare check out the link and let me know what you think about the rims and about the lift ideas!!

BTW they will be going on the 2014 Sierra Crew Cab short bed white diamond tricoat

20" KMC XD Series Hoss Rims

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=XD79529062830BMF&wheelMake=KMC+XD+Series&wheelModel=Hoss&wheelFinish=Machined+w%2FBlack+Accent&showRear=no&autoMake=GMC&autoModel=Sierra+1500+4wd&autoYear=2014&autoModClar=Crew+Cab&filterFinish=All&filterSize=All&filterBrand=KMC+XD+Series&filterSpecial=false&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

Thats basically what I have on my Chevy except I went with 1.5" zone body lift and 305/55r20

Only thing I wish I would have done different is gone with mud terrain tires, but that will get changed.

post-125036-0-40267100-1391619224_thumb.jpg

Edited by KUUG
  • Like 1

Thats basically what I have on my Chevy except I went with 1.5" zone body lift and 305/55r20

Only thing I wish I would have done different is gone with mud terrain tires, but that will get changed.

attachicon.gifIMG_1532_1.jpg

thats one great looking truck! you only have a 1.5 inch lift on it? looks great. i may consider just doing that!

• Like 1

thats one great looking truck! you only have a 1.5 inch lift on it? looks great. i may consider just doing that!

Thanks

Not just the body lift, 4" all together. I have the 2.5" rough country suspension and the 1.5" zone body lift

Roidz I did talk to several people and came to the consensus that with a 6" lift I will need the body lift. I don't like things to be too high so I am opting for the 1.5 by Zone and with a little trimming that should fit 37s. I looked at the 3 inch body but I just hate body lifts so I am doing the minimal. With all 3"s of body you could probably run 39s with trimming but then again that's a lot on a gas burner. I am going to do the 37s as soon as my tires now wear out. I did already order the body lift and will have it installed as soon as I get someone to mock up a new bracket to move my push bumper. All my parking sensors are in it and I don't want to relocate them again.

The selfish part of me hopes you run out of tread soon so I can see it with 37"s. Your truck already looks good, it'll look even better I'm sure.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk

Edited by Roidz

I have a 2014 sierra all terrain. I plan on doing a 4" lift, like the one by ready lift or another like that. The ones with the spacer and upper a arm in the front and blocks in the rear, not the full blown all new suspension like the 6" lift. I've seen some companies say you can clear 35's and some say 33's. My question is, can I clear 295/60/20 trail grapplers without major trimming? If so, what offset and backspacing wheel should I use?

I have a 2014 sierra all terrain. I plan on doing a 4" lift, like the one by ready lift or another like that. The ones with the spacer and upper a arm in the front and blocks in the rear, not the full blown all new suspension like the 6" lift. I've seen some companies say you can clear 35's and some say 33's. My question is, can I clear 295/60/20 trail grapplers without major trimming? If so, what offset and backspacing wheel should I use?

I don't think anyone on here has done a true 4" suspension set up so your not going to really get a clear cut answer. You can definitely clear that tire on a stock offset. But its all going to depend if that lift pushes your tires out or not. Assuming it doesn't you should probably be fine with any offset that isn't negative.

I don't think anyone on here has done a true 4" suspension set up so your not going to really get a clear cut answer. You can definitely clear that tire on a stock offset. But its all going to depend if that lift pushes your tires out or not. Assuming it doesn't you should probably be fine with any offset that isn't negative.

Wouldn't I want a negative offset to push the tire out farther so it doesn't rub? I may have this backwards but wouldn't a positive offset suck the tire in and make it more likely to rub?

Wouldn't I want a negative offset to push the tire out farther so it doesn't rub? I may have this backwards but wouldn't a positive offset suck the tire in and make it more likely to rub?

That's what I thought too but negative offset causes more rubbing on the back part of the fender. It does push the tire out but it causes more rubbing. The closer you are to stock the less rubbing you will have.

I have a -12 offset and people were clearing larger tires than mine with a smaller lift by staying close to the stock offset

That's what I thought too but negative offset causes more rubbing on the back part of the fender. It does push the tire out but it causes more rubbing. The closer you are to stock the less rubbing you will have.

I have a -12 offset and people were clearing larger tires than mine with a smaller lift by staying close to the stock offset

If you have 305/55/20 those are 1" shorter but .5" wider than the 295/60/20's like i want. Do you think I could fit those with a 0 offset? I know a +18 would be better but I want the BMF novakanes and I can only find them in 0 offset.

Okay so I was talking to my dealer today. They say that there is a GM leveling kit that lifts the front end ONLY and it comes up 2.5 inches to level the truck completely. But almost every other level kit is 2" or like RC's suspension level, which is 2.5" but my question is about the RC level. If the GM level "truly" levels the truck, then wouldn't the RC suspension level still have a slight rake to it? I mean you are lifting the read 1" and the front 2.5", however if you need 2.5" lift in the front alone in the first place, then wouldn't you technically need to now lift the front 3.5" to level it with the rear since it would be up 1" from stock?

I may be completely overthinking this but if anyone could help shed some light on this for me it would be a huge help! Debating on whether to go with GM level so that then they can't blame RC level for something going wrong with the truck and having them cancel my warranty. Don't really want to spend 50K, then get it leveled, just to have the warranty go away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have the rc 2.5 on my 2014 slt allterrain with 295/60/20 on the stock 20" all terrain wheels they do rub and I removed the rear air deflectors u will get rubbing with those they are Nitto terra grapplers there specs r 34.45" tall but I love the look!!

• Like 2