2014+ Suspension Lifts

What's the opinion on the RC 7" lift ??? Yea or Nea ??

Scott 

For that price point Zone Off-road (owned by BDS) is superior

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 4:04 PM, jimmyboy8301 said:

Red one has a 4.5” CST

4.5" Zone
Instagram @wildchevys

Is CST the only 4-4.5" kit that does not change track width?  Are you running full lenth coilovers on the red one or OE shocks with coil over extensions that CST provides in kit? 

Can you run OE rear shocks with spacers or do you need to get aftermarket shocks with proper length?  If so, is bilsteins the way to go for the rear?  May also be considering the add-a-leaf for the back.     

Is CST the only 4-4.5" kit that does not change track width?  Are you running full lenth coilovers on the red one or OE shocks with coil over extensions that CST provides in kit? 

Can you run OE rear shocks with spacers or do you need to get aftermarket shocks with proper length?  If so, is bilsteins the way to go for the rear?  May also be considering the add-a-leaf for the back.     

The red one is my buddies and it has full Resi Coilovers, no spacers. And the RCX bracket doesn’t increase track either. You need replacement rear shocks in which case there are a few good options

4.5" Zone w/ Bilstein and Fox
Instagram @wildchevys

34 minutes ago, diegosaurus said:

Rough country has a knuckle kit that keeps stock track width - it's a 3.5" lift

Why does the Zone kit push the track out?  Do you think the Zone is superior to the CST?  Price-wise it's a no brainer but would prefer not to have to run wheel spacers on the rear. 

Zone is a knuckle kit, CST is a bracket kit

And as long as you get a quality spacer like BORA, you have nothing to worry about

Instagram @wildchevys

4 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

And as long as you get a quality spacer like BORA, you have nothing to worry about

Instagram @wildchevys

Ok thanks, I saw the knuckles in the kit but also saw the cross member bracket as well.  Makes sense now that I look at Zones pics again.  Thanks for the help.  Any major fab work (cutting/welding) needed to accommodate zone lift? 

Ok thanks, I saw the knuckles in the kit but also saw the cross member bracket as well.  Makes sense now that I look at Zones pics again.  Thanks for the help.  Any major fab work (cutting/welding) needed to accommodate zone lift? 

My truck (white one) has Zone also. The cutting and welding is EXTREMELY minimal. You have to notch an area on the left side of the rear crossmember and then weld in a small plate.

Instagram @wildchevys

15 hours ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

I'm also looking at lift kits and am considering Zone and CST brands. If I'm understanding this correctly, the Zone kit is a better kit?

I'm also looking at lift kits and am considering Zone and CST brands. If I'm understanding this correctly, the Zone kit is a better kit?

Not better, different. CST is a bracket , Zone is a knuckle.

Instagram @wildchevys

4 minutes ago, sage55 said:

Understood.

So if I'm reading this post correctly, the knuckle will be better at keeping angles stock?

You just want a 4 inch lift? Fabtech makes some quality lifts I just installed a 6 inch kit & im very satisfied. They do offer 4 inch lifts also

Understood.

So if I'm reading this post correctly, the knuckle will be better at keeping angles stock?

Both will keep the angles about stock. As stated it’s just different methods to attain the lift. IMO for 4” kits I’d look hard at CST, BDS, and Zone

Instagram @wildchevys