2014+ Suspension Lifts

22 minutes ago, Bigrich said:

You just want a 4 inch lift? Fabtech makes some quality lifts I just installed a 6 inch kit & im very satisfied. They do offer 4 inch lifts also

Yes, I would like to get a 4 - 4.5" lift. Nothing crazy just a bit taller stance. 

18 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

Both will keep the angles about stock. As stated it’s just different methods to attain the lift. IMO for 4” kits I’d look hard at CST, BDS, and Zone

Thanks for your suggestions. I've just looked at all three brands and based on their company websites pricing Zone seems to be the best price at around $1200.

Edited by sage55
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sage55 said:

Yes, I would like to get a 4 - 4.5" lift. Nothing crazy just a bit taller stance. 

Thanks for your suggestions. I've just looked at all three brands and based on their company websites pricing Zone seems to be the best price at around $1200.

If you get the Zone, i would opt for the Fox 2.0 rear shocks and upgrade the stock front shocks to the bilstein 5100s. both upgrades will only cost you about $300 total 

27 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

If you get the Zone, i would opt for the Fox 2.0 rear shocks and upgrade the stock front shocks to the bilstein 5100s. both upgrades will only cost you about $300 total 

Why not go with the 6 inch? I hear guys say I wish I would have gone higher. Same price for 6 inch from Fabtech 

2 hours ago, Bigrich said:

Why not go with the 6 inch? I hear guys say I wish I would have gone higher. Same price for 6 inch from Fabtech 

I won't speak for @jimmyboy8301, but for me I just want something with a little higher stance than my stock truck has now. I'd probably be happy with a leveling kit, but would much rather got a tab bit higher with a 4" and get a nice suspension lift knowing that the drivetrain and suspension is as it should be without causing a lot of stress.

4 minutes ago, sage55 said:

I won't speak for @jimmyboy8301, but for me I just want something with a little higher stance than my stock truck has now. I'd probably be happy with a leveling kit, but would much rather got a tab bit higher with a 4" and get a nice suspension lift knowing that the drivetrain and suspension is as it should be without causing a lot of stress.

The nicer kits don’t put any stress on the steering nor suspension. My 2015 Denali with 6 inch Fabtech stills rides like a Denali. Just giving my experience with a 6 inch lift to ease the minds of others considering lifting there truck. Not trying to but in.

• Like 1

Just now, Bigrich said:

My 2015 Denali with 6 inch Fabtech stills rides like a Denali. Just giving my experience with a 6 inch lift to ease the minds of others considering lifting there truck.

Sorry, I wasn't referring to the bigger 6" lifts when I said adding stress but more of the leveling kits. In nearly every case I've read leveling kits just push things causing sharper angles, stress and so on - or at the very least makes the truck drive a bit stiffer.

18 minutes ago, sage55 said:

Sorry, I wasn't referring to the bigger 6" lifts when I said adding stress but more of the leveling kits. In nearly every case I've read leveling kits just push things causing sharper angles, stress and so on - or at the very least makes the truck drive a bit stiffer.

Your absolutly righ about that! My truck rides better with the 6 inch lift then it did with the 2.5 level kit. The level kit caused one of my magnaride coil overs to leak. Buying 2 of those took away some of my tire money. Lifts are better than levels! 

Personal preference. Zone and BDS are the same way

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone w/ Bilstein and Fox
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys

I guess it depends on how much of a spacer you go with also. On my 2WD I went with a 2" spacer after doing a 5" knuckle. I felt more of a difference in ride after switch wheels and tires then just adding the spacer 

IMG_2534.JPG

Are you guys installing these lift kits your self or having a shop do it for you? Me personally I’m going to do it my self. I’m trying to save money on the install and save some more with the RC 7inch lift. With all this money I saved I can get the Fox shocks front and back. Yes I understand people have there opinions on lift kits and people like bds or zone better then RC but it has been used so many times and people have loved it. That is my opinion on lift kits and why I will choice RC. 

5 minutes ago, Willie will said:

Are you guys installing these lift kits your self or having a shop do it for you? Me personally I’m going to do it my self. I’m trying to save money on the install and save some more with the RC 7inch lift. With all this money I saved I can get the Fox shocks front and back. Yes I understand people have there opinions on lift kits and people like bds or zone better then RC but it has been used so many times and people have loved it. That is my opinion on lift kits and why I will choice RC. 

No one mentioned Fabtech? I’m very satisfied with there 6 inch Gen 2 kit. Track width stays the same. Angles great! Sits level! Rides great & no lights on the dash. Affordable also

No one mentioned Fabtech? I’m very satisfied with there 6 inch Gen 2 kit. Track width stays the same. Angles great! Sits level! Rides great & no lights on the dash. Affordable also

BDS and Zone are two favorites and hard to beat. However Zone doesn’t offer a magnaride kit

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L

4.5" Zone w/ Bilstein and Fox

22x10 American Force Grips

33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Instagram @wildchevys

6”skyjacker lift kit it’s been on for a while...  but I was wanting more lately so I added rancho level it struts 70k so I figured it was time to replace anyways...   I pulled out the 1” lower strut lift I had on there so the extra inch is barely noticeable but rides fine.  Adding new UCA’s next weekend before I get a new alignment.

rear has 5.5” blocks rear add a leaf and lift shackles.  

B66BBEBD-13A5-47B9-BB39-4D448C409E93.jpeg