2014+ Suspension Lifts

On 7/30/2018 at 8:57 PM, jd173706 said:

https://www.roughcountry.com/gm-tie-rod-sleeves-11000.html?rrec=true

Yeah, the ball joints are definitely the reason they are getting replaced. I just have seen some websites selling thicker, "reinforced" tie rods; or selling these threaded sleeves that go over the skinny part of the factory inner tie rod and take the place of the jam nut. The idea being, adding a steel collar over the thinnest part of the tie rod would prevent it from bending if you hit a curb or take it off road, etc. 

It sounds like a money grab to me, I've never heard of someone bending a tie rod unless they crashed and then that's just one of many damaged components.

On 7/31/2018 at 9:53 PM, Tyy1907 said:

I'd say it's a money grab as well

Doesnt help steep tie rod angles any

Only rough country lift that'll keep your factory angles is the 5" bracket lift

These are used alot in the Duramax diesel world, the torque from those engines can bend the tie rods on a 4wd launch.  They aren't really necessary for the gas engine half tons. 

Just ordered Zone 6.5 lift, Carven Competition catback, KN intake, Black Rhino Fury wheels, 35in Tires, LC2i and sub add on for Bose system, and Diablo I3 tuner.  And my truck is an 18 with 1000 miles.  Lol.    Hopefully I’ll have it all on in a couple weeks.  

On 6/10/2018 at 2:09 AM, Barman84 said:

6”skyjacker lift kit it’s been on for a while...  but I was wanting more lately so I added rancho level it struts 70k so I figured it was time to replace anyways...   I pulled out the 1” lower strut lift I had on there so the extra inch is barely noticeable but rides fine.  Adding new UCA’s next weekend before I get a new alignment.

rear has 5.5” blocks rear add a leaf and lift shackles.  

B66BBEBD-13A5-47B9-BB39-4D448C409E93.jpeg

I really like this, everything just works together.

I am a 3 month lurker. I've read all 303 pages of this section (some pages more than 2x, even 3x, so I can understand what I am getting into lifting my 17 GMC Sierra 2wd). There are a lot of beautiful trucks here and I'm jealous of many.

However as much I love my truck and how she rides (I'm coming from an old Chevy Colorado), my truck is used for my small business. Having a 3"-4" lift would be ideal but in all seriousness I think I would be happy with   LT 285/70/17 tire setup. I currently have the Rancho Quicklift (2" lift), Bilstein 5100's in the back with Airlift Airbags. Why the ranchos? Well i got those and helwig rear sway bar for $100. I couldnt pass it up.

I also have the stamp steel uca. While the ride is very good to me, I still have the urge to go higher, like most have felt.  also kinda sucks that I live literally 10 minutes away from Mcnaughy suspension but I have no desire to lift that high. 

I am just rambling. I just wanted to post my first post because it literally took 3 months to read all 303 pages. Thank you guys...beautiful trucks. 

7 hours ago, jgraves13 said:

Recommended that you run new UCAs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Knew it was recommended but wasn’t sure if it was possible. Coil overs, tires, and UCAs all at the same time are tough on the wallet. Owell

On 8/10/2017 at 8:29 AM, triast2 said:

I went with the new Havoc Offroad 6.5" suspension lift and am pretty happy with it so far. I will probably be upgrading to the Fox 2.0 shortly though.

post-175889-0-99489700-1502371696_thumb.jpg

post-175889-0-89667800-1502371711_thumb.jpg

You still happy with this lift?  I just bought a white 2018, saw this truck on Havoc's site and knew that was what I wanted it to look like.

BDS 6" lift with Fox 2.5 DSC Coilovers 
18x9 KMC Enduro 0mm Offset
General Grabber ATX 35x12.5r18

Just need to finish my conversion to the Midnight Edition "look".
20180831_095346.thumb.jpg.4e841831526420afc5508d952b52464a.jpg

Almost there! Paint the bumper, get rid of the door moldings, chrome mirror caps and black out that bow tie and looks like you are there!!

2015 Silverado LT Midnight Edition
4.5” CST suspension lift
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully this is where to post, it's just another pic of different truck heights. Took this earlier today @ Costco and I was happen to park near these trucks. 

Mine at 2" with Rancho quicklift and airbags in rear, the middle truck I'm assuming 5" and the end is taller yet. 

There is a Toyota Tacoma in there as well but meh.

Resized_20180907_123131_8776.jpeg

1 hour ago, contenderv07 said:

Looking for some people that have the superlift 3.5 lift and how they like it.. Also I'm looking to see how it compares to the zone 4.5.. I will be keeping the stock wheels. Thanks for any help!

I have the Zone 4.5" and love it. I upgraded to bilstein 5100s in the front and fox 2.0's in the rear and it literally rides better than stock. it's a smooth, yet firm ride thats very controlled. 

• Like 1