2014+ Suspension Lifts

Adjusting the torque management and shift points will gain you a little but a tune alone won't make that power loss up. And homeboy can say what he wants but any real issues with a vehicle and it's brought back to the dealer still tuned and it's almost guarantee'd they will take it out of your pocket. Not sure if it's still the same way now but just a year or two ago Ford could tell if it had been tuned weather its was still on it or not. I know quite a few guys who got burned with that

I don’t have racing HP mods on my truck giving reason to dig around. My tunes are strictly modest besides, once I decide on whether or not to do the supercharger then that’s when I’ll look into having discussions with the dealership. My most recent trip to the dealership was for an electrical issue and put my truck up on a diagnostic machine running all sorts of tests and aside of a wiring issue all was good. I believe and support that if someone mods their vehicle then that’s their choice and should not be ridiculed for just having a difference of opinion.

Sent from above

Adjusting the torque management and shift points will gain you a little but a tune alone won't make that power loss up. And homeboy can say what he wants but any real issues with a vehicle and it's brought back to the dealer still tuned and it's almost guarantee'd they will take it out of your pocket. Not sure if it's still the same way now but just a year or two ago Ford could tell if it had been tuned weather its was still on it or not. I know quite a few guys who got burned with that

Intake, regear, tune... All steps on a long journey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/1/2019 at 11:53 AM, rcass14 said:

Intake, regear, tune... All steps on a long journey

It's hard to believe that the computer wouldnt record history of parameters and therefor know-in a minute-if there had been a tune.  

2018 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4 Z71 

2.25" Procomp front only level kit - Dealer installed

275/65 R20 (34.1" x 10.8") BFG KO2 tires on stock 20" chrome wheels

Very minor rub on passenger side inner fender well, fixed with zip-tie. Rubs passenger side upper control arm at FULL LOCK turn to the left; you really have to be turning hard to make that happen. Driver-side seems fine, I can't make it rub at all.

5c315750cbf05_ScreenShot2019-01-05at7_15_52PM.thumb.png.581f8fcbee07daa0f588e9c890acae8d.png5c31575b826f9_ScreenShot2019-01-05at7_17_24PM.thumb.png.97c524ba117b600295c0b09ed54169cd.png

When people say "rubs a little at full lock", how bad is that for the tire?  How noticeable is that?  It seems like it would be  kinda of bad. 

Depends on their definition of “little “ lol

I do a lot of drifting in this truck so I need full swerving ability.  KIDDING.  No drifting.  But any frame rub seems like a bad idea.  What if I used wheel spacers?  Like these: https://www.roughcountry.com/wheel-spacers-1095c.html?gclid=CjwKCAiAyMHhBRBIEiwAkGN6fBFFNGi33YL47dwYqANEF230MEU0IDnYI7YXkOXvmu3yHGGqUoH6XRoCfLwQAvD_BwE

16 hours ago, EZTundra77 said:

When people say "rubs a little at full lock", how bad is that for the tire?  How noticeable is that?  It seems like it would be  kinda of bad. 

If we are talking about rubbing the plastic, you hear a noise inside the truck but its harmless and easily fixed. if we are taking about rubbing components, thats a different story.

IMO if you did it quite often it would probably be harmful but its probably not as bad as rubbing a concrete curb with your sidewall. Its something I can live with until I get a new set of rims in the future. 

Sorry I can only post 1 at a time due to resolution.  1 more:  These are 295/70/18 (34.5" x 11.8") Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ P3 on stock 8" wide HD chromed aluminum wheels on a bone stock '17 3500 HD 4x4 CCLB 6.0.  The only mod was removing the lower valence.  No turned keys.  No level.  No shock or wheel spacers.  No rub on full steering lock in wither direction., even when driving.  Between the valence delete and the bigger shoes, I lost about 1MPG.  Sitting at 11 MPG combined and I'm good with that.  I know it doesnt make the numbers of a 6.2 but it's a cast iron block with a compression ratio that just begs for boost.  

I'll get some better close ups of the clearances.  

0iAXrOG7Q+CvZBMYPNe2vw_thumb_7382.jpg