2014+ Suspension Lifts

Finally got around to putting on the Zone 6.5" lift on the 2014 LTZ. Had to install a Add-a-Leaf in the rear to get it to sit level. Running 35 x 11.5 Ridge Grapplers on stock wheels. 1.5" spacers in the rear to match the front poke. Very happy with the results.

truck pic 2.jpg

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Jamie Schuddekopf said:

Finally got around to putting on the Zone 6.5" lift on the 2014 LTZ. Had to install a Add-a-Leaf in the rear to get it to sit level. Running 35 x 11.5 Ridge Grapplers on stock wheels. 1.5" spacers in the rear to match the front poke. Very happy with the results.

truck pic 2.jpg

Nice rig. I just fit that same size tire on a bone stock ‘17 3500 4x4. Hard to believe the ride height between the 1500 and the 3500 is that much different. 

Edited by EZTundra77

There are a bunch of rad trucks on here, I haven’t been on this forum in a while. I have a 2018 Z71 1500 that I did a mod’d BDS 6inch and a zone 1.5 bodylift. Coil overs up front and new leafs packs & resi’s in the rear. Added a little candy coloring to some of it and turned it into a pretty decent shop truck/daily driver. Although I don’t have tons of experience with lifted trucks this thing rides nice for what it is.

C0BA8D4A-434E-4B6E-9B09-D04FCBAA6024.jpeg

54714689-CB18-4938-BA1B-471FF306F557.jpeg

197DEE25-D92E-4C82-B50C-F1638C79AA30.jpeg

4488A2C1-166C-44DA-B234-778488995BCA.jpeg

Edited by CovetedStyle
Spelling
  • Like 3

I’m looking to put an add-a-leaf on my 2017 LT Z71 but I’m concerned it will make the rear too stiff. Are you happy with the rear suspension with the extra leaf?

I have 2018 HC 1500 2wd

and did a MaXtrac 5inch spindle lift

with Fox 2.0 coilovers and rear shocks 

the shop lower the coilovers a inch to 

even out the back 

the ride Quality is really bad 

i can feel ever crack on the road get Worse a high speed’s

only have 7k miles on my truck 

any of you had this problem before 

i when back to the shop where I got them  installed they told me 

I need to drive my truck 3k miles to break them in 

791F5162-8FA6-4150-A527-49D937F6A138.jpeg

2 hours ago, Hugom1718 said:

I have 2018 HC 1500 2wd

even out the back 

Have you owned a truck before? Also what size wheel and tire? Also do you mean they raised/put more tension on you coil overs because you rear normally sits at a higher rake so the would have to raise them to level the truck which would definitely stiffen up the ride.

3 minutes ago, CovetedStyle said:

Have you owned a truck before? Also what size wheel and tire? Also do you mean they raised/put more tension on you coil overs because you rear normally sits at a higher rake so the would have to raise them to level the truck which would definitely stiffen up the ride.

I believe rake is important if you tow.  Leveled trucks look cool too.  5" is a hefty lift so it's not surprising it feels stiff.  You also have tall rims.  Looks like 20" or 22".  not much rubber to give cushion there.  Good for street cornering though.  

2 minutes ago, EZTundra77 said:

I believe rake is important if you tow.  Leveled trucks look cool too.  5" is a hefty lift so it's not surprising it feels stiff.  You also have tall rims.  Looks like 20" or 22".  not much rubber to give cushion there.  Good for street cornering though.  

Also I haven’t seen a lot of fox coilovers on 2wd’s.. that’s a lot of suspension with a couple hundred lbs less weight up front which could also be adding to rough ride.

Yeah this the first truck I own,

the tire setup 

305/55/20 toyo AT 

I had a 2.5 leveling kit with the same rims and tire and the truck run smooth 

i decided to get a bigger lift 

now the ride sucks 

t

with the spindle 5in + 2in from coilovers would be at 7inch 

i had them lower a inch so it would at 6inch So I could run the tire already had

i

20 hours ago, Jamie Schuddekopf said:

truck pic 2.jpg

That looks really good, makes me want to run my stock LTZ wheels on mine.

3 hours ago, Hugom1718 said:

I have 2018 HC 1500 2wd

even out the back 

I have the same set up on mine with 35's on 22's. while the ride isn't as smooth as stock I really don't think it's bad. 

IMG_3956.PNG

6 minutes ago, CovetedStyle said:

Are those the compression forged wheels? I like those.

Yes sir they are, I like them. I switched to those a few months back, I originally had a set of American Truxx

IMG_2808.JPG

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CovetedStyle said:

Nice looks good both ways

Thanks, I really rather the AXE wheels on it. My intentions when I bought a truck was to get a white one and do black wheels but the dealership didn't have a white one at that moment and I good one of those last day of the month closing time deals so I settled with silver