Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2014+ Suspension Lifts


Recommended Posts

Hey guys! Who is running Bora wheel spacers on their truck with a Zone 6.5” lift? What size spacers are you running so the track width is the same? Can you share some pictures? 
 
Thanks! 

I have 1.75” bora’s
114f5a738b964d5140e70bd68827e03c.jpg


2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone w/ Bilstein and Fox
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:


I have 1.75” bora’s
114f5a738b964d5140e70bd68827e03c.jpg


2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone w/ Bilstein and Fox
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys

No trimming of the studs correct? They just bolt right up correct? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No trimming of the studs correct? They just bolt right up correct? 

No trimming with 1.75”


2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone w/ Bilstein and Fox
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:


No trimming with 1.75”


2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone w/ Bilstein and Fox
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys

I just wasn’t sure if the 1.75”would be too much. I thought the 1.5” would match the front perfectly but someone told me that with 1.5” need to trim the studs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just wasn’t sure if the 1.75”would be too much. I thought the 1.5” would match the front perfectly but someone told me that with 1.5” need to trim the studs. 

The front of our trucks is actually 1/4” wider per side than the rears, add in the 1.5” added track width from the lift and you have 1.75” spacers.


2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone w/ Bilstein and Fox
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:


The front of our trucks is actually 1/4” wider per side than the rears, add in the 1.5” added track width from the lift and you have 1.75” spacers.


2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L
4.5" Zone w/ Bilstein and Fox
22x10 American Force Grips
33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
Instagram @wildchevys

Thanks Jimmy! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/9/2018 at 6:18 PM, Swankster988 said:

Hey guys! Who is running Bora wheel spacers on their truck with a Zone 6.5” lift? What size spacers are you running so the track width is the same? Can you share some pictures? 

 

Thanks! 

Concur with Jimmy, I did the 1.75", no stud trimming. I measured track width as well as where they sat in relation to the fender when I was deciding. There were a lot of recommendations to do the 1.5" because "that's what the lift adds", but I didn't want to trim, and like Jimmy said, the front is slightly wider to start. By track width I measured at 3.25" wider in the front, and from the fenders the front was right around 2" per side. I almost got the 2" spacers but the 1.75 worked out nicely IMO. I have BDS, not zone, but they should be essentially the same thing.
Apparently I never took specific pics after the spacers, but I found a couple to give you an idea. I'm on 18x10 -19 offset.

IMG_0203a.jpg

IMG_0409a.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I don't know if this has been answered. I tried Google and came up with nothing. 

 

My question, am I correct to understand with a 4.5" or 6.5" Zone, I can fit 35s but only fit 11.5" wide tires on stock 20s on my 2018 Sierra 4x4? From what I understand, it has something to do with the stamped steel control arms. Thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any of you develop any unusual sounds with the lifts.  I have had a 4.5 zone lift for about a year and the last few weeks, it has started to creak a little bit.  Only when on full lock too.  I took it the place that installed it and they double checked everything and it all checks out.  I know its vague, but I have gotten under the truck and had the wife turn the wheel. 

Edited by bwilliams22685
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/12/2018 at 11:44 AM, CO-Stark said:

Concur with Jimmy, I did the 1.75", no stud trimming. I measured track width as well as where they sat in relation to the fender when I was deciding. There were a lot of recommendations to do the 1.5" because "that's what the lift adds", but I didn't want to trim, and like Jimmy said, the front is slightly wider to start. By track width I measured at 3.25" wider in the front, and from the fenders the front was right around 2" per side. I almost got the 2" spacers but the 1.75 worked out nicely IMO. I have BDS, not zone, but they should be essentially the same thing.
Apparently I never took specific pics after the spacers, but I found a couple to give you an idea. I'm on 18x10 -19 offset.

IMG_0203a.jpg

IMG_0409a.jpg

Nice looking truck! I ordered the 1.75 Boras and just got them in today. Installing tomorrow! Thanks for sharing, I think I made the right choice! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any of you develop any unusual sounds with the lifts.  I have had a 4.5 zone lift for about a year and the last few weeks, it has started to creak a little bit.  Only when on full lock too.  I took it the place that installed it and they double checked everything and it all checks out.  I know its vague, but I have gotten under the truck and had the wife turn the wheel. 


Time to re-torque


Sent from above
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.