2014+ Suspension Lifts

I researched trying to get rid of the magnaride but was told it’s part of the electronics for the suspension system. I had to buy 2 new front struts & they set me back $700! Would rather had bought a set of off road shocks! I don’t think they meant for Denali to really go off-roading 
How many people lift their truck because they are going offroad?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How many people lift their truck because they are going offroad?

How many want to lift their trucks so they can go off-road without having limitations that would otherwise damage their trucks under chassis components?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know of it, never had any issues with a can tune. Besides, aside of this discussion going off path, I’ve got a great relationship with my service dealerships and it’s got to be proven that what you’ve done is what has caused your issues, SuperChips even gives a great warranty as well in the event your stuck with the bill. So many already existing issues as it is.

It's not up to the dealer.. Any major engine or transmission work requires cals sent to the General before the repairs..
Unless the dealer is willing to eat it.

How many want to lift their trucks so they can go off-road without having limitations that would otherwise damage their trucks under chassis components?

We should get the numbers..
Yes... if you offroad.
No... if you don't..
That's a big NO for me..

It's not up to the dealer.. Any major engine or transmission work requires cals sent to the General before the repairs..
Unless the dealer is willing to eat it.

I don’t agree with that in addition I’ve got 12 company vehicles that visit dealerships for all sorts of service issues and each and everyone of them is can tuned and yet to this day no issues. My wife’s Yukon having a tune for the past 3 years with multiple visits to the dealership for motor, electronics etc and still no issues brought up. Besides, tuning your vehicle helps keep it from visiting the dealership. The End

On another note

I don’t agree with that in addition I’ve got 12 company vehicles that visit dealerships for all sorts of service issues and each and everyone of them is can tuned and yet to this day no issues. My wife’s Yukon having a tune for the past 3 years with multiple visits to the dealership for motor, electronics etc and still no issues brought up. Besides, tuning your vehicle helps keep it from visiting the dealership. The End

On another note

You don't have to agree..I have seen it..
Example... Blown head gasket on duramax.

7 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

On another note

a major failure will most certainly need an ok from a GM regional person, as well as all kinds of data screen shots taken from the ecm, tcm, or wherever the failure was. if you think otherwise you are just kidding yourself.......not to go off topic though and prove anyone wrong lol

8 minutes ago, Hillwood said:

Yes... if you offroad.
No... if you don't..
That's a big NO for me..

Not a big no for me but I don’t think I want to sink it up to the rocker panels. Just play a little, climb a little. I like my truck lifted I live in Cajun country so it’s not a city truck. I had few dropped trucks and the roads bet them up. Heavy rains & flooded streets suck also. Will build mecan older Gmc to do some real off-roading 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hillwood said:

Yes... if you offroad.
No... if you don't..
That's a big NO for me..

thats a big NO for me unless you count the dirt road to the range to qualify or the highway in the snow lol

2 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

thats a big NO for me unless you count the dirt road to the range to qualify or the highway in the snow lol

That’s about the extent of my off-roading also. Boat launch, hunting roads ruff country roads. GMC 4x4 looks better lifted!

• Like 1

2018, SLT, Pwemium Package CC, 4x4 Z71, 6.2

CST 4.5” lift, CST Coilovers and rear piggy back resi’s, etc etc......

6239811afbf443fd587c8600cf581c3c.jpg

67dcb7fd800387417af61797a85972f8.jpg

5a57e5907001065144e904f1007efe85.jpg

19-21 mpg’s bee70105a97a85a9f06455cf8fcb4997.jpg

Hell of a setup you’ve got, really like this one!! You got a tune on this guy? Can’t believe you’re still averaging 20 with those 275s. (Edit: 295s**)

• Like 1

Hell of a setup you’ve got, really like this one!! You got a tune on this guy? Can’t believe you’re still averaging 20 with those 275s. (Edit: 295s**)

Thank you, they’re 295/60/20’s (34”) lol and yes, road trips sometimes 21.9. It’s the SuperChips tune that helped.

• Like 1

Btw, I’m looking into possibly doing a supercharger down the road. It’s soon to be another toy that’s fun to drive but that’s the issue I’m having now, so fun to drive and gets sooooo many stares and compliments that it’s difficult leaving it in the garage as it is. Arrrrg, decisions decisions [emoji23]

• Like 1

Btw, I’m looking into possibly doing a supercharger down the road. It’s soon to be another toy that’s fun to drive but that’s the issue I’m having now, so fun to drive and gets sooooo many stares and compliments that it’s difficult leaving it in the garage as it is. Arrrrg, decisions decisions [emoji23]

Dude that truck would be a beast! Like you said though it’s badass as it, keep driving it till you figure out what you wanna do. I just put my lift on and the tunes coming very soon, I can’t stand the loss of power and mpg’s I’m suffering right now lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rcass14 said:

Dude that truck would be a beast! Like you said though it’s badass as it, keep driving it till you figure out what you wanna do. I just put my lift on and the tunes coming very soon, I can’t stand the loss of power and mpg’s I’m suffering right now lol

Adjusting the torque management and shift points will gain you a little but a tune alone won't make that power loss up. And homeboy can say what he wants but any real issues with a vehicle and it's brought back to the dealer still tuned and it's almost guarantee'd they will take it out of your pocket. Not sure if it's still the same way now but just a year or two ago Ford could tell if it had been tuned weather its was still on it or not. I know quite a few guys who got burned with that