In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

2014+ Suspension Lifts

13 hours ago, Conceald said:

Did you have to add a leaf to get the rear even with the front? Looking at getting this lift. Truck looks good. 

No, used the lift blocks that are included with the lift kit.  Ad-a-leafs are good, but also tend to stiffen up the ride too.

No, used the lift blocks that are included with the lift kit.  Ad-a-leafs are good, but also tend to stiffen up the ride too.

Add a leaf definitely stiffens up the rear. My lifted Chevy rides firm like a 3/4 ton. It also won't let it sag. I've loaded 25 -40 lb bags of salt pellets and it hardy went down.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Now that I have gotten my lift installed,  I am looking for honest opinions on tire size. I own a 2014 GMC Sierra crew cab with a ZONE 4.5" lift running on the stock 20" snowflake wheel w/ 275/60R20 K02's tires. Needing a set of tires and trying to decide on a tire size while keeping my stock wheel. I have narrowed my choices to one these 2: 275/65R20 or 285/65R20.

My truck is a daily driver that I lifted mainly for looks and will not see heavy off road use. 

Truck Pic.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, G4Bama said:

Now that I have gotten my lift installed,  I am looking for honest opinions on tire size. I own a 2014 GMC Sierra crew cab with a ZONE 4.5" lift running on the stock 20" snowflake wheel w/ 275/60R20 K02's tires. Needing a set of tires and trying to decide on a tire size while keeping my stock wheel. I have narrowed my choices to one these 2: 275/65R20 or 285/65R20.

My truck is a daily driver that I lifted mainly for looks and will not see heavy off road use. 

For reference here's my truck with the Zone 4.5" lift set around 5" with 275/65R20s. I'm looking to step up to either 285/65R20s or maybe even 35x12.50R20s -- but seems as though some people are able to fit the latter depending on the UCA type they have (??)

cec6345c-8b59-47bc-8eee-cc56c861efa9.jfif

• Like 1

On 5/12/2021 at 4:15 PM, dubwise said:

For reference here's my truck with the Zone 4.5" lift set around 5" with 275/65R20s. I'm looking to step up to either 285/65R20s or maybe even 35x12.50R20s -- but seems as though some people are able to fit the latter depending on the UCA type they have (??)

cec6345c-8b59-47bc-8eee-cc56c861efa9.jfif 422.6 kB · 10 downloads

Do you have any issues with rubbing?

• 2 months later...

So I have a 2018 z71 and I want to put 37s on my stock 22s what’s the lowest lift I can get without going crazy high? I don’t mind a little trimming but don’t want to butcher the truck. Thank you!

Not sure it helps with your ask, but im running a 6.5" lift from Zone on my 2017 Z71 and the biggest i could go is 35's on my stock rims, with a 1/4" spacer.

Edited by cubangt

Hey guys brand new to the forum so forgive my ignorance please. Didn’t want to make a new topic so I’ll post my questions here. I’ve got a 2017 GMC Sierra slt z71 package with the ranchero shocks. I do about 90% of my driving on road. I spent some time on this site and came to the conclusion I wanted to purchase a full set of fox 2.0 to level the truck. Right before I hit the checkout I started to think that maybe Due to the price of leveling just spend the money on a 3” lift. I’ve never lifted a truck before so all of this is new to me. What is the recommended kit that will allow me to have a leveled 3” lifted truck that will allow for 33-35” tires without rub or modifications to the fender well? I would like to achieve the same level of on road smoothness that a fox 2.0 would bring just a tad higher. I feel like I’m at the point of information overload. Any advice or information on the topic would be greatly appreciated. 

4 hours ago, DocHodges said:

Hey guys brand new to the forum so forgive my ignorance please. Didn’t want to make a new topic so I’ll post my questions here. I’ve got a 2017 GMC Sierra slt z71 package with the ranchero shocks. I do about 90% of my driving on road. I spent some time on this site and came to the conclusion I wanted to purchase a full set of fox 2.0 to level the truck. Right before I hit the checkout I started to think that maybe Due to the price of leveling just spend the money on a 3” lift. I’ve never lifted a truck before so all of this is new to me. What is the recommended kit that will allow me to have a leveled 3” lifted truck that will allow for 33-35” tires without rub or modifications to the fender well? I would like to achieve the same level of on road smoothness that a fox 2.0 would bring just a tad higher. I feel like I’m at the point of information overload. Any advice or information on the topic would be greatly appreciated. 

I think it's a matter of preference..for me personally, I started at leveling at 2 1/2", 5 now 6 1/2"..ya I know the weird height difference but my truck is unusual. 

Sorry for bad pic..it's quite hot out here

16279442658351430347011893575287.jpg

6 hours ago, DocHodges said:

I think I've posted this about 5 times now.
I went with a 3" Motofab level, a MotoFab UCA and 1-1/2" Zone rear spring lift, as well as a 1" MotoFab rear block lift.Also, I did a 1-1/2" Zone body lift and a 1" bilstein shock lift.
35's fit fine.
I'm thinking of going to a full 8" lift and 37s but, for now, I'm happy with what I have.
BTW, stock 18" rims though upgraded to black polished ones.
Why would I want to go bigger? this is my old C-10:
1579312518_78truck.thumb.jpg.2be1cfd39f61e585722a5fc8c98e01e1.jpg
IMG_0148.thumb.jpg.f81693e7befce9035df7f55bdf45101c.jpg

Edited by MikeBMW

@SwisherSweets @MikeBMW thank you for the information. I am looking at starting off with the life I linked below. I’m having trouble finding any reviews on it. Not sure if anyone where has used a similar kit. My biggest worry is I spend the money on the kit and absolutely hate the ride quality. 

https://cognitomotorsports.com/cognito-3-inch-performance-leveling-kit-with-fox-2.0-ifp-shocks-for-07-18-silverado-sierra-1500-2wd-4wd.html

7 hours ago, DocHodges said:

@SwisherSweets @MikeBMW thank you for the information. I am looking at starting off with the life I linked below. I’m having trouble finding any reviews on it. Not sure if anyone where has used a similar kit. My biggest worry is I spend the money on the kit and absolutely hate the ride quality. 

https://cognitomotorsports.com/cognito-3-inch-performance-leveling-kit-with-fox-2.0-ifp-shocks-for-07-18-silverado-sierra-1500-2wd-4wd.html

That kit should be fine. However, I would, also, get a rear 1" or 2" block lift.