2014 Sierra/Silverado Bulb Sizes

21 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

I have Zevos in my license plate lights and they are great.

I also have them in Cargo light and reverse backup lights and i like them.

They were in stock at either Autozone or Oreilly. Some ebay or other vendor led lights seem like they may be brighter or even too bright, but the Zevos are better than stock halogens IMO.

I ended up getting some 921's off Amazon and installing them.  Much better than the brown incandescent lights. 

At $25/pair for the Zevo's locally, I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on using them for the tail/turn lights.

7 minutes ago, Darmichar said:

I ended up getting some 921's off Amazon and installing them.  Much better than the brown incandescent lights. 

At $25/pair for the Zevo's locally, I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on using them for the tail/turn lights.

I agree Darren. I have heard the Zevos are not that great in the stop/tail/turn or even front amber turn signals.

I would love to swap out my oem sierra tail lights with the newer 16-18 slt denali style units, but they are about $600 a piece minus the conversion harness. I was going to just swap my bulbs for LED and add resistors but have not pulled the trigger on that either.

I've been researching this all day and my head is swimming with numbers.  I just took ownership of a 2018 LTZ with HID's and LED fogs that I am perfectly happy with.  I want to swap all the remaining external lights that I can with LED.

I was researching the Zevo's but I see a lot of people saying they aren't as bright as the incandescent bulbs for the brake/turn signals.  So, I'm throwing this out there.

What bulbs do I need to replace ALL the external turn/brake/park/cargo lights with LED and have them be bright and not need resistors.

That said, I've pretty much settled on the 921 Zevo's or the 921's someone posted on the previous page from amazon for the cargo/reverse lights.  I'm really looking for good LED bulbs for turn/park/brake, but I'm willing to let someone convince me otherwise on the reverse/cargo too.

Same here. Looking to replace all of them with LED without needing resistors.

18 minutes ago, DirtyAndy said:

Same here. Looking to replace all of them with LED without needing resistors.

I have researched this extensively over the last week or so.  It doesn't appear to be doable without resistors.  It looks like some of the Canbus lights might work.  However, I found this video on youtube where a guy describes the Canbus lights and how they work.  He also says they have the potential to get extremely hot when ran for long periods of time (think tail lights or marker lights).

That said, I've thought about biting the bullet and ordering a few just to see if they work.

I have researched this extensively over the last week or so.  It doesn't appear to be doable without resistors.  It looks like some of the Canbus lights might work.  However, I found this video on youtube where a guy describes the Canbus lights and how they work.  He also says they have the potential to get extremely hot when ran for long periods of time (think tail lights or marker lights).

That said, I've thought about biting the bullet and ordering a few just to see if they work.

Definitely don’t need to start my new truck on fire for lighting. Hahaha.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2018 at 2:24 PM, Roscopcoletrain said:

those do look interesting.  Are they just kind of plug n play essentially?  One thing I want to do this fall is do something to improve light output.  Even if it's just going with Silverstar Ultras, I really want to do something! I see you have an SLT as well, so, interested if you are in the same boat and what you are thinking.

5 minutes ago, SkiDooNick700 said:

those do look interesting.  Are they just kind of plug n play essentially?  One thing I want to do this fall is do something to improve light output.  Even if it's just going with Silverstar Ultras, I really want to do something! I see you have an SLT as well, so, interested if you are in the same boat and what you are thinking.

I ended up ordering a HID kit for my truck. 

30 minutes ago, Roscopcoletrain said:

I ended up ordering a HID kit for my truck. 

Did you have to tear into your headlights and stuff to make it work?

Actually i forgot all about the:

Morimoto Sierra spec HID

Edited by SkiDooNick700

58 minutes ago, SkiDooNick700 said:

Did you have to tear into your headlights and stuff to make it work?

Actually i forgot all about the:

Morimoto Sierra spec HID

I actually just ordered the kit this week. Hasent arrived yet. But its just plug n play. 

• 2 months later...
So who makes the best T10 bulb for the license plate bracket? There is a ton on amazon and I want to make sure that I am getting a quality light.

I have found that VLED makes the best I have found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...