2014 Sierra/Silverado Bulb Sizes

I’m trying to find a good set of 5000k (white color) headlight bulbs that I can replace the stock with that is no hassle. I don’t know about HID/LED/halogen. It is for a ‘14 Sierra SLE. 

I want to avoid the blue light. 

I have 2 brand-new sets of Morimoto Sierra HID kits 5k I bought for 2 of my trucks. We traded them in and now I'm stuck with them.. be happy to make you a deal on one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

So, looking for some help. I recently got on superbrightled's website and loaded up my cart with bulbs for my "new to me" rig. I ordered a HB4 led tower and just assumed that it was an easy replacement. Here is the link....

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/daytime-running-light-bulb/hb4-led-fog-lightdaytime-running-light-bulb-28-smd-led-tower/1277/2952/?year=2015&make=31&model=1489&scc_id=1392

Got behind the actual headlight assembly and cant really see where the hell this is supposed to go. Any guidance? All the links on this post on the first page are broken.

• 6 months later...

So apparently, I jumped the gun on replacing my reverse lights in my 14 1500 LT. I replaced with the these Zevo 921s ( https://www.sylvania-automotive.com/products/interior-and-exterior-bulbs/zevo-led/921_zevo.jsp )

Now when I reverse instead of weak yellow light from the halogens, I have these striated reflections of light and dark and can see even less! My mistake, I guess the shape of these projects directly outward instead of into the reflectors.

Is there anywhere else I can put them that they would be of better use? Cargo lights? License plates?

On 9/8/2018 at 12:08 PM, Sierra Dan said:

I have Zevos in my license plate lights and they are great.

I also have them in Cargo light and reverse backup lights and i like them.

They were in stock at either Autozone or Oreilly. Some ebay or other vendor led lights seem like they may be brighter or even too bright, but the Zevos are better than stock halogens IMO.

Did you use Zevo 921's in the reverse lights? I put some in and they are throwing the light in a weird way, shadow lines from the lens or something...

On 10/31/2019 at 1:57 PM, Steven York said:

Did you use Zevo 921's in the reverse lights? I put some in and they are throwing the light in a weird way, shadow lines from the lens or something...

I would not confess that the zevos are better than say other 921s you can get online based on some pics and reviews read within this site. Yes they do bring out the "lines" from the clear lens but then again i remember my halogens did also.

The same bulb works in the cargo lights.

I have the same set you linked to above.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I thought I saw this somewhere but now I can't find it....

Is it possible for the license plate lights to be too bright?

They basically point right at the camera which makes me wonder if they can overwhelm it.

I am asking because when I back up at night it seems washed out, when I back up in the day it seems much better.

When I tap the breaks it also looks better which makes me wonder if a less powerful LED would be better, I want the clean white light just not as much of it ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2021 at 11:38 AM, bayouguy71 said:

They basically point right at the camera which makes me wonder if they can overwhelm it.

I am asking because when I back up at night it seems washed out, when I back up in the day it seems much better.

When I tap the breaks it also looks better which makes me wonder if a less powerful LED would be better, I want the clean white light just not as much of it ?

I just think the camera is garbage.  I have the stock license plate lights but have the Putco bar with reverse lights and it washes the camera out at night too.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 2015 Chevy 1500. Has anyone had issues with the 9005 not fitting in the housing? I replaced my low beams with the Auxito Led brand and absolutely love them but went to install the hi beams and it does not fit in the housing? any suggestions? Yes it is a 9005 bulb

• 2 years later...
On 2/15/2021 at 12:38 PM, bayouguy71 said:

I came on here to research this exact same issue. My factory bulbs had a dab of paint on them, which shielded the camera from the glare. Been trying to find an economical solution for awhile myself.