Magnaflow, Borla GMPP, or Dynomax???

Best 5.3 Muffler Under $200  

72 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

dB exhaust. Corsa muffler but with lower grade stainless pipes and half the cost.

Once again, Corsa (even the db) is not an option for me because of the cost. $200 (including the install) is the max I can spend.

Over 170 views, but only 6 votes........and 14 posts from other members, but only 2 or 3 of them (posts) actually contained useful information that pertained to my question. I know this site is better than that. Yikes.... :nonod::nonod::nonod:

I have been in a 5.3 with the Borla GMPP Sport. it is not to loud in the cab and it sounds decent, My second choice is a Magnaflow 18" or 22'

Get the magnaflow and call it a day.

Bingo bango

So you guys think the Magnaflow would be better than the Borla sport? Is there a reason....or do you guys just like magnaflow in general?

I have been in a 5.3 with the Borla GMPP Sport. it is not to loud in the cab and it sounds decent, My second choice is a Magnaflow 18" or 22'

Do you think the Borla and Magnaflow are about equal? I've kind of narrowed things down between those two, since no one has said a word about Dynomax, lol.

Magnaflows just sound great and never heard of complaints and has good build quality. Don't care much for Borla, though I really would recommend Cherry Bombs but they are probably 1000% louder than what you are looking for lol.

My last maggy was the dual in single 4" out 22" long cat back system. It sound great, nice throaty strong sound. I had a couple other magnaflow set ups before on previous trucks, you can't go wrong with magnaflow. They sound great on anything, can't speak for borla cuz I never owned it before...just IMO magnaflow is the best when all things are considered. Material, build quality, warranty, looks, sound and price.

I have the GMPP sport and I like it. Wouldn't mind it being louder even. Its probably the loudest at 16-1700RPMS. I cruise at 70 on the highway at 2000RPMs and its not much louder than stock. On cold startup, it sounds aggressive but soon quiets down when the enine warms up. The sound of the GMPP system is very "smooth" as opposed to the Corsa which has more of a burble to it if that makes any sense. I also recommend getting a GMPP exhaust tip if you don't already have one.

I think you have made a good choice. Keep the stock exhaust pipe and the stock exit behind the rear wheel for a great sound. It will be a mod that will have people scratching their head looking for your dual exhaust...

• Like 1

Dynomax Ultra Flo 20" 17233 - Can't find a single sound clip of this muffler on a 5.3; worried about drone and V8/V4 noise

I had this same muffler on my 2009 GMC 5.3, and wouldn't hesitate to put one on my 2013. Good, deep rumble at low speed, roar when you get on it, and NO drone when it goes into AFM operation. I loved it.

JMO

100_0163.jpg