2013 Trucks

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you can find one that has been around awhile it will be $1000 less on the sticker. GM raised the Base price awhile back so the 14s would look like the same base price. Dealer in Seguin Tx has some (SLEs). People ask why is your truck $1,000 less?

Yea they raised the sticker a couple times on the 13's, knew they would be doing big rebates and discounts.The same truck that stickered for 37,170 a few months back is now 38,515

No dealers around me will get you more than $1500 off either. A lot of people piss and moan about it too but when they can easily sell to the next person that comes in the price that the dealer feels they can get, they are not afraid to tell you to stuff it.

I got a 33k sticker truck for $26,500. I have found that if you go to dealers in shitty parts of town where people have bad credit they will hook you up if you have half decent credit. Also, in the DC area people don't buy as many trucks as in other places. Above that, they love their imports over here. So, you add all that up you can get a good price. And like the previous poster said. I went in right off the bat and said "I have a perfectly good 2004. This is a vanity purchase for me, not a necessity. So if you can't make my price don't worry about it, but I'm not paying more than XX,XXX" (aimed low). So they went just above that and life was good. Also, you can get more money off of basic trucks because people don't want them as much. Which is just fine by me because there's more stuff to break. I'll be more than happy to get a good price on a basic truck. I should add that the $26,500 is before taxes. And they calculate taxes on the pre-rebate amount, so it was still quite a bit more than that out the door. And the D.C. sales tax rate for vehicles heavier than 5000 lbs is 8%! So there's that. I have found the Consumer Reports auto pricing service to be an EXCELLENT resource.

• 2 weeks later...

I just brought home, about 6 hours ago, my new 2013 Silverado Ext Cab LT, in Summit White. The sticker was 38.8K but after a nice discount by the dealership plus a ton of factory rebates it worked out to be about $12.5K off the sticker price. They were happy to get them out even with the big rebates. And I was happy to take one off their hands at that price too. FWIW- salesman said it's good thru 7/31 and it may go up again (a small bit) depending on how many are left. For anyone in the market, this is a great time to talk to them.

Nice truck Jimlem. Congrats. I bit on a '13 too this year. Needed it "terribly." My '11 had all of around 25K miles on it, but when GM upped the GM card offer to $3K and the dealer was discounting $10K off sticker it was tough not to do the deal. Hope you enjoy your '13 as much as I like mine. :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

In Alabama, no chevy or gmc dealer is offering these kinds of discounts except for extra cab trucks. Crew cabs aren't getting more that 4500 off. How are you people getting 10k off?

Probably because we're paying $8000 - $10,000 more for the same vehicle in Canada to what you guys pay south of the border :(

Bought a new 13 Sierra crew in April.

Sticker price on the lot was $43,000,I got it for $31,000 plus got $15,000 for my old truck and 0% finance with a bunch of options added on and lifetime rust protection thrown in too! How could I walk away from that deal :D

Bought a new 13 Sierra crew in April.

Sticker price on the lot was $43,000,I got it for $31,000 plus got $15,000 for my old truck and 0% finance with a bunch of options added on and lifetime rust protection thrown in too! How could I walk away from that deal :D

Dear God, did the sales guy give ya a.... As well lol. That is an insane deal.

Archived