RyanbabZ71's - 2010 Silverado Z71 Crewcab

RyanbabZ71

how cold does it get where you live ryan??????????

sorry I missed your question above. It depends, this truck has seen wind chill temps -10 below and probably regular temps at 0 degs.

How much did the Black Lab mod cost you? :)

which one? Real dog or ball hitch cover? The real one eats us out of house and home.

• Like 1

ahh thats not bad, was gonna say if you had extreme cold like up here its not a good idea to route the pcv lines in a flat position like that. i learnt that lesson doing pcv re-route, its better to keep them in a more vertical position if you can. But -10 below aint bad, i had problems at -35 to -40 with condensation collecting in the horizontal sections of the lines and freezing. eventually froze right over, popped dipstick and puke oil everywhere. then the second time it did it pushed 5-6 litres of oil out the exhaust thru the turbos LOLOL

im lucky i didnt blow a main seal.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

ahh thats not bad, was gonna say if you had extreme cold like up here its not a good idea to route the pcv lines in a flat position like that. i learnt that lesson doing pcv re-route, its better to keep them in a more vertical position if you can. But -10 below aint bad, i had problems at -35 to -40 with condensation collecting in the horizontal sections of the lines and freezing. eventually froze right over, popped dipstick and puke oil everywhere. then the second time it did it pushed 5-6 litres of oil out the exhaust thru the turbos LOLOL

im lucky i didnt blow a main seal.

So I lied, few wks ago hit about -25 (-40 with the windchill). Truck ran fine

Well for some reason I can't post pics from my PC and I think that's where the photos are currently. Never mind I pulled them back over to my phone

3yhymy2e.jpg

u6a5uras.jpg

Ryan

Edited by RyanbabZ71