HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

3 hours ago, FastWS6TA said:

Hey there. In am still working on the brackets to try and move them forward some. But as far as the dust cap goes, did you take the threaded shaft off of the back of the projector? It should be fit easily with that removed.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Yes I had removed it. The cap was rubbing against the sides of the projector base itself (the cast aluminum fan guard/cooling fins piece). It may be because the aftermarket caps are slightly narrower than stock, I'm not sure. Moving the whole mled projector forward should resolve that issue however. I could trim down the projector mounting pegs in the headlight itself, just don't have the nerve to break out the Dremel yet lol

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/17/2017 at 1:00 PM, skreechyca said:

Finally did a fxr retrofit on a 2015 Silverado with factory projectors. Light output is amazing. Used the d2h bulbs and everything did fit under the cap.  It appears I am having issues with my cut off line. It looks as if one side is shadowing the other. The step isn't even, like there are 2 steps side by side instead of 1 distinct step in the middle. Tried taking pics but they don't show the 2 steps. Looks perfect in the pic. Lol  Any idea welcome. Thanks.

were you able to get this adjusted?  I just put in g5-r projectors (knock off morimoto d2s 4.0) and i feel something is off onthe step too.  Both lights seem to be every so slightly tilting up tot the right.  not sure how to readjust as i use the CDB brackets.

31 minutes ago, estcstsilverado said:

were you able to get this adjusted?  I just put in g5-r projectors (knock off morimoto d2s 4.0) and i feel something is off onthe step too.  Both lights seem to be every so slightly tilting up tot the right.  not sure how to readjust as i use the CDB brackets.

I had used the bottom brackets.  I put a small washer on the bottom of the bottom 2 bolts as they would just eventually turn without tightening and I noticed they weren't overly tight and not quite the same amount of threads on showing.  I wasn't able to use the top brackets but pulled the screws out as it was forcing them in different directions.  That seemed to do the trick.  Even with the D2H bulbs I think when it warms up I will pull the caps off, heat and stretch them as I feel they should be pointed up higher, but the adjuster is getting pretty tight.  It is on a 3/4 ton so they do sit ass up compared to a half ton.

On 10/27/2017 at 8:13 PM, FastWS6TA said:

Should have the Morimoto M LED projectors and brackets available in a week. Easy install. No wire harness. No dust cap modification. All wiring fits inside the headlight so no grommets needed either. Smaller than FXR so it goes in easier. Fxr is still the better performer but requires more for the install.
This will be available for the Sierra and Silverado. Although I would still recommended the FXR for the Sierra. Since the Sierra requires to open the back of the headlight it doesn't matter that the MLed is smaller. My other concern with the Sierra retrofit is that if the MLed project has an issue it means the whole thing needs to be removed. That would require the back or the lense to be removed again. The FXR projector doesn't fail, but if a bulb or ballast did it is an easy swap.
Hope that all makes sense. Lol.6c4b5c20ce02d1604fe09938c26ad577.jpg58eaaab481492d8fc10c1f061b76fd9d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I don't see this listed on your site. I emailed about having to take the lense off for the FX-r last week and was set on that until I found this post on the forum. Am I not looking in the correct spot on your website?

I don't see this listed on your site. I emailed about having to take the lense off for the FX-r last week and was set on that until I found this post on the forum. Am I not looking in the correct spot on your website?
Still don't have them in the site yet. Having an issue with the lenses not being far enough forward in the housing as compared for the FXR. This results in an more narrow beam pattern. You might want to grab the FXR kit as it is the only option for a little while longer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, FastWS6TA said:

Still don't have them in the site yet. Having an issue with the lenses not being far enough forward in the housing as compared for the FXR. This results in an more narrow beam pattern. You might want to grab the FXR kit as it is the only option for a little while longer.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I can wait as I just picked up a set of oem ltz lights for $200 and it's waaaay too cold to install aka I dont want to start the heater and have to pull them back out again to swap to what i feel is a more reliable setup *LED over HID. 

• 2 weeks later...