HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Does anyone have any experience with these?

PSX24W 30W XenonDepot LED Fog Light Bulbs

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/PSX24W-XenonDepot-LED-Fog-Light-Bulbs-p/xd-psx24w-led.htm

Make sure I have this correct - 30W LED's should be fine in my factory fog housings? - No melting

I've ordered 4300/5000/6000 in the past but am I correct in thinking the 5000K is closer to matching our factory DRL LED's?

From what guys have experienced, are you happy with installing LED's in the fogs for better light output. I'd go HID fogs but don't want to risk the melting issues.

9006 / HB4 Xtreme Digital HID Conversion Kits

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/9006-HB4-Xtreme-Digital-HID-Conversion-Kits-p/xt-9006.htm

9006 / HB4 Volt HID Digital+ HID Kits - Cheaper but no 5000K offered

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/9006-HB4-Volt-HID-Digital-HID-Kits-p/vdp-9006.htm

• Like 1

I just received my order from the retrofit source, I ordered FX-R projectors to replace the stock projectors, and Morimoto 5000K CANBUS kit, the kit included everything but the relay harness, so I had to order the relay harness separately. I also bought 2 relays with built in 10 sec delay to prevent the ballast from firing at start-up.

Just got doing the install of the ddm hid kit 35watt 6k with dual input/output relay and 2 error cancellers. It gave me a hard time as the lights would not come on and I had everything hooked up as the correct diagram on op. Now they seem to be working good I hope this will last longer then the time it took for the kit to arrive.

Wicked Galaxy Note 3

• Like 1

Okay so after my housing got slightly burnt from my HID fog lights, I started to want even more a stand alone / waterproof projector housing that I could use for the fogs. After some research I found this.

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/HID-Ready-Universal-Projector-Fog-Lamps-p/ot_projector_sku71.htm

It is HID ready and has built in cut off lines. If this is true then effective / brighter HID lights (now I'm not talking 100W turn night into day kind of bright but brighter than LED replacements without the worry of burning/melting the housings). So if the cut off line is true, then the lights should work just as our headlights and keep from blinding oncoming drivers or pedestrians. I wanted to post to here and see what everyone thought before I go and order. Anyone think I should go for it or am I just thinking crazy for wanting projectors in the fogs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any experience with these?

PSX24W 30W XenonDepot LED Fog Light Bulbs

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/PSX24W-XenonDepot-LED-Fog-Light-Bulbs-p/xd-psx24w-led.htm

Make sure I have this correct - 30W LED's should be fine in my factory fog housings? - No melting

I've ordered 4300/5000/6000 in the past but am I correct in thinking the 5000K is closer to matching our factory DRL LED's?

From what guys have experienced, are you happy with installing LED's in the fogs for better light output. I'd go HID fogs but don't want to risk the melting issues.

9006 / HB4 Xtreme Digital HID Conversion Kits

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/9006-HB4-Xtreme-Digital-HID-Conversion-Kits-p/xt-9006.htm

9006 / HB4 Volt HID Digital+ HID Kits - Cheaper but no 5000K offered

http://www.kbcarstuff.com/9006-HB4-Volt-HID-Digital-HID-Kits-p/vdp-9006.htm

No LED should be able to generate enough heat to melt / affect your fog light housing. Also Moto has discovered after working with a few different LED colors that yes, the 5K is the best to match the LED DRLs and the 4500K HIDs are a close match. Also from what I have read, many people are not very happy with the useable light output for the 2014 fog housing since the light is not focused like the stock bulb. It acts more like a flood light. There's already a thread covering LED fog lights. Also I am getting ready to order a projector housing that is designed to be a stand alone projector housing so it can be used as a fog light. I'm going to have to make a bracket for the projector and I'll post my findings. I'm looking to get more light on the road and less in other drivers' faces.

No LED should be able to generate enough heat to melt / affect your fog light housing. Also Moto has discovered after working with a few different LED colors that yes, the 5K is the best to match the LED DRLs and the 4500K HIDs are a close match. Also from what I have read, many people are not very happy with the useable light output for the 2014 fog housing since the light is not focused like the stock bulb. It acts more like a flood light. There's already a thread covering LED fog lights. Also I am getting ready to order a projector housing that is designed to be a stand alone projector housing so it can be used as a fog light. I'm going to have to make a bracket for the projector and I'll post my findings. I'm looking to get more light on the road and less in other drivers' faces.

Thanks for the post, but I wasn't so much looking at the LED lights themselves, I was more wondering if anyone had experience with xenonDirect lights. The people on here have been mention DDM and Morimoto but nothing about xenonDirect.

Thanks for the post, but I wasn't so much looking at the LED lights themselves, I was more wondering if anyone had experience with xenonDirect lights. The people on here have been mention DDM and Morimoto but nothing about xenonDirect.

Ah I see. I have not seen much mention of any sort to xenon depot either. DDM and Morimoto are the dominant brands used in the lighting department. But don't let that stop you from trying xenon depot. Look at ratings on the internet about the site. They can be a nice reference. Also they may have some nice stuff so give them a try and share with us if they products are quality and worth buying

After reading through all this and looking at my lights (stock halogen, no projector). Is it safe to say that I would have to split the housing to do a retro? Not afraid to do a retro (my 99 camaro turned out great!) But I may just wait until more stock projector headlights show up for sale and retro those. I just don't feel right hacking away at the truck just yet.

Alright guys, so I heard back from the company. They said the housings are waterproof if you use an HID. Also because of the metal housing you can use either a 35W or 55W. They have also had some people report using 100W HIDs! I'm only planning on 35W. Maybe 55W. Another nice thing is that they use the same bulb as the Sierra housing can use (9006). It's 2.25" wide projector lense and from what I'm seeing/measuring, it's looking a like the housing should fit pretty nicely. Only thing I'll have to do is fabricate a sheet of aluminum for it to bolt onto and to cover the opening left around the projector that would normally be filled by the stock 4" reflector housing. So I've got just about everything I need before I can start this project. That is some support. By that u just mean does anyone else think this would be a good idea? Or am I just thinking way too highly of this. Let me know what y'all think.

Just noticed he attached pics of customer's lights with email...

Those are my lights lol. For those curious I had an FXR 3.0 retrofit done, oracle colorshift halos, and cleared sidemarkers with LED switchbacks installed. I also got the fog lights outfitted with colorshift halos to match the headlights. I'm expecting them to arrive tomorrow or Monday. I'll post pictures when they are installed.

• Like 2

Just noticed he attached pics of customer's lights with email...

Those are my lights lol. For those curious I had an FXR 3.0 retrofit done, oracle colorshift halos, and cleared sidemarkers with LED switchbacks installed. I also got the fog lights outfitted with colorshift halos to match the headlights. I'm expecting them to arrive tomorrow or Monday. I'll post pictures when they are installed.

Do your DRLs also change color? And knowing that you don't seem to be very afraid of opening your housings in every way, did you by any chance try playing with the DRLs to make it so that both LED strips would be on during the day at full brightness? Just curious

Do your DRLs also change color? And knowing that you don't seem to be very afraid of opening your housings in every way, did you by any chance try playing with the DRLs to make it so that both LED strips would be on during the day at full brightness? Just curious

He didn't mod them.. FastHeadlights did. That's why he's waiting for them to arrive.

Oh. Psh. I totally knew that.

Also for anyone interested, I've decided I'm going to order those HID projectors for the fogs tonight. Along with two 9006 HID sets with everything (error decoders, harnesses, ballast mounts) from DDM. 5K is pure white and 4500K is a slight offset which better matches the LED strips on front of truck, correct moto?

I'll start work on fabricating the faceplate to fill in the empty space around the projectors right when I get them and then install everything in 2-3 weeks when the HIDs come in.

I installed the ddm 5000k kit today in my 14 Silverado. Something's up with the drivers side projector. Any ideas? The old thread had some troubleshooting images but I can't find them after the thread merge. Thanks for your help.

Note the beam going off at a left angle from the drivers side and the dark spot in the middle.

post-129026-139674975957_thumb.jpg

uqehydu7.jpg

Edited by Turk10mm