HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

Yeah I know man, I actually planned to get the XB fogs but after reading through this thread I thought some members mentioned the XBs output would fade over a period of time. Although this hasn't happened yet with my Avalanche. The only thing stopping me is having to take off the bumper.

you do not have to take off the bumber. There are about 10 bolts you have to take out and then the fog light mounting brackets you'll be able to wiggle them out.

2015 1500 LT Silverado Midnight Edition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by chrispassas21
  • Like 1

hey guys, just to save me from going through 190 pages worth of stuff, i have a 2015 silverado with the factory projectors, i bought the ddm kit with the error canceller box, thats what the said to use when i contacted them and i believe i read it here as well. i was surprised that it doesnt come with a relay and just relies on the power from the harness for the lights, should i use a relay or will this work fine? also theres a blue wire with a ring terminal on it, im assuming its a ground? the box had zero instructions and their webpage help section is shit to say the least. thanks

hey guys, just to save me from going through 190 pages worth of stuff, i have a 2015 silverado with the factory projectors, i bought the ddm kit with the error canceller box, thats what the said to use when i contacted them and i believe i read it here as well. i was surprised that it doesnt come with a relay and just relies on the power from the harness for the lights, should i use a relay or will this work fine? also theres a blue wire with a ring terminal on it, im assuming its a ground? the box had zero instructions and their webpage help section is shit to say the least. thanks

you should have gotten the Silverado kit from TRS. They have everything you need to complete the upgrade. Also they have some nice instructions on how to install, anddddd they have awesome customer service. Have had my HID's in my truck for a couple months now, no problems whatsoever. Except the onstar monthly diagnosis is telling me I have headlamps out, which is not true.

2015 1500 LT Silverado Midnight Edition

yeah i should have but my budget screamed ddm tuning, lol. i had a pair of trs retrofitted projectors with their hids in my old bike and they were great. the ddm stuff got good reviews so i decided to go that route. i just want to make sure the trucks harness can support the lights and that there wont be any flicker issues since theres no relay before i put in the time to install them.

• 2 weeks later...

Morimoto has come out with 35w ds5 bulbs finally!

I got really excited until I seen the price of two bulbs haha, $350 ouch especially when the rest are a max of $85 ??? so for me in Canada with exchange and all that it would prob be like $500 to my door which is insanity

We are 188 pages deep at this point so I feel maybe it is best to just ask now.

I just installed Lumen G8 LED conversions to both my low beams and fogs. Fogs work excellently, no problems at all. The low beams work great...after about 2 minutes. Initially they will power on and work, but then they shut down, flicker a time or two over the next 2 minutes, and then power up and work fine.

I have read something about PWM or pulse width modulation to the DRL (daytime running lights) and the LEDS not getting a constant signal. These lights were supposed to be plug and play, no issues, yada yada. However, that is not the case. I'm sure there's a simple plug & play solution for a capacitor or anti-flicker device, but I would seek clarification on this if I may. I'd be interested to know which direction to head at this point.

I would appreciate anyones help at this point, particularly if you've ran into this issue and how did you resolve it. Thankyou

EDIT: 14 silverado z71

Looks like you need led error eliminator.

2014 Silverado 2WT 4.3 V6

Instagram @egroj_legnar

YouTube.com/jorge_dropkick_rangel

Thanks man, will have to double check how it went in. Really don't feel like taking out that air box again right now.

The trick to the air box is to remove the thing as a whole unit. Take the hose clamp and MAF electrical connector off, grab the snorkel and yank up sharply. Literally takes a minute or so to remove or replace. There are 3 or 4 pointed spikes on the bottom that just press into rubber grommets.

Does anyone know what color temperature best matches the LED DRL?

I'd say 5000K but most cheapo lights just advertise a # that doesn't actually match up. Www.theretrofitsource.com has the best gear in my opinion and when they say xxxxK they mean it!

4300 is oem BMW / Mercedes white ( highest lumen output and best reflection on the road in all conditions including wet roads)

5000 is just clean white

5500 is clean while with a shimmer of blue

6000 is a slightly bluish white

6500 starts getting into "ricer" blue

My fav is 5000-5500

Is there a headlight Guru in Texas I could pay to dial in my Morimoto d2s4.0 lights? I had a local shop install them in my 2015 and after three attempts the hotspots still aren't right and bulbs still need to be shimmed. Willing to pay the right shop or person, any suggestions appreciated.

Edited by TexasRadar