In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Thanks Gentlemen - do we think it is the dirty injectors?

I can start running some Chevron though my tank every once in a while - out here in CA it is about +.30 more a gallon.

I guess you get what you pay for?

On the additives - is there any GM factory version?

If I have it done at the dealer during a maintenance - what are they going to do? Same thing? Pour something into the  tank?

Thanks in advance.

JJ

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think if I was a salesmen I would research the products I would be selling. I wouldn't like it if a customer came in knowing more than me.

I know people will ball BS but I was getting 18-21 mpg stock with just a level. Now I have 22" wheels and 35" Toyo MTs. Of course it went down tremidously-12-13MPG. I have t had it done long but the l

This was taken last week when I filled up. So far I have put this many miles on the truck. Hopefully it stays like this. We will see.  

Posted Images

On 6/19/2020 at 9:10 AM, johnnymordoc said:

Thanks Gentlemen - do we think it is the dirty injectors?

I can start running some Chevron though my tank every once in a while - out here in CA it is about +.30 more a gallon.

I guess you get what you pay for?

On the additives - is there any GM factory version?

If I have it done at the dealer during a maintenance - what are they going to do? Same thing? Pour something into the  tank?

Thanks in advance.

JJ

I have used the BG 44k in the past and it seemed to work well. You just pour it into a full tank of gas and run the entire tank.

https://www.bgprod.com/catalog/gasoline-fuel-system/bg-44k-fuel-system-cleaner/

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I have a 2016 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4  crew cab w/ 5.3 I just turned 45,000 miles and started changing out fluids. So far I have changed front and rear diff fluid and transfer case fluid as those are the easiest for me to perform. I went to the dealer and got the fluids, so all GM product. I changed the transfer case fluid first since it was the easiest. 2 plugs that are easy to get to.  

On the fuel mileage screen I have seen an increase in MPG in city driving and now curious with the diff fluids changed how much more it might go up. The front was definitely dirty looking compared to the rear. Neither plugs had much crud on the magnetic plugs. The transfer case was pretty typical with a bunch on it.

Appointment next week at the dealer to perform the transmission service, they quoted $290  That is worth it to me to not mess with the exhaust pipe and getting the fill correct. They also told me it is a complete flush so I felt good about that.

Any way just wanted to chime in about normal service and improvement in MPG   I was about 14-15 in town and its now around 17-18.  Might not be accurate, but the feel good for keeping up on maint. is there

• 3 weeks later...
I cannot believe the mileage some of you are getting. I have a 2017 crew cab, 5.3, 4x4 with max trailering package and 3:73 gears. I was struggling to get 14-15 mpg on stock size tires. I just put LT275/70/R18’s on my truck, and I’m getting closer to 12-13 mpg. I’m driving like a grandpa! This mileage included was before I installed my new tires. This is one thirsty truck. 
14D02DA4-F57F-4AFA-8F93-7E5C081D63E9.thumb.png.b34aa079a02296189e95165c42ee4c52.png

You need a tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, that is what my MPG looks like.  The more miles I put on the worse it gets.  I blew $220.00 letting them put chemicals in manifold to get deposits off.  Did not work.  Waste of money.  Looking for someone to blast it with walnut shells.  Otherwise, I am trading it and going to a Ram port injection e-torque engine.

The Buildup wont happen if you block off the pcv system and vent the valve covers to atmosphere rather than run that crap back into the intake. I have the DOD disabled in my tune and gas mileage averages around 22+mpg at 75mph. I have 31.5” tires and 3.73 gears 4x4 double cab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Just browsing through this thread a little and it's crazy that the 6.2 gets pretty much the same fuel economy as the 5.3. 65 more HP, 80 more TQ and negligible difference in fuel economy. What's not to love??

I drive aggressive and usually on an ethanol blend ranging from E30 to E80 and my lifetime average since ownership (7,500 miles) is 17.6 mpg. On straight highway trips with E10 I easily nail down 22-23. AFM disabled too. 

• 11 months later...