Remote Start

I have not been able to get my heated seats to come on. Been to dealer twice and this mornings outside temperature was 24 degrees F. A/C works fine in Auto and did defrost the windshield but NO SEATS

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not been able to get my heated seats to come on. Been to dealer twice and this mornings outside temperature was 24 degrees F. A/C works fine in Auto and did defrost the windshield but NO SEATS

Dealer kept the truck overnight and tried to get the seats to work the next morning when it was cold. They could not get the heated seats to work with the remote start. I have the truck back while the dealer contacts GM for answers. I suggested that they try the feature on the two new appropriately equipped trucks in the lot, which they said that they will. I am starting to believe that none of the new 2014s heated seats with remote start will work

I started mine the other morn.. everything worked like it was supposed to,, the seat did not get very warm though,, but found this in the owners manual,

"The temperature performance of an unoccupied seat may be reduced,, this is normal."

I noticed that my seat did warm once I sat in the truck. Hasn't been very cold here yet. I have a 2014 Silverado 1500 Double Cab

Yes if it's in auto and the system is set to say 72 degrees. It will turn the heat or ac on depending on the cab/outside temp. I have never had heated seats till now so I can't answer your question there.

I was very excited when I got my Sierra with remote start, finally I'll have my car heated in those cold mornings before I enter the car, this one of the features I wanted the most but I'm a little bit disappointed... I have tried the remote start for couple times now and unfortunately it works as the manual says "climate control will use the last settings" or something like that... when I leave the car in the afternoon and it's hot outside my AC is on around 62/63 I don't want the AC to make the car colder than what it already is in the next morning! My brother owns a Chevy Avalanche and I know that in his truck no matter what the AC/heat was left on, it will cool or heat the vehicle according to the outside temperature.

Any ideas for a work around? Am I doing something wrong or that's the way it has to be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OK 1 last time. It's 70 degrees outside you set the automatic controls to a temp of 65 degrees the A/C comes on and cools the truck. You then get home and park the truck for the night with the system still in auto and still set at 65 degrees. Do not turn it off. Overnight the temps drop to oh lets say 45 degrees. You hit the remote start button. The HVAC system comes on and sees the set point is 65 degrees and the cab temp is around 50 degrees. The heat (not the A/C) should come on and warm the truck up to the set point of 65 degrees. These trucks DO NOT operate like the older versions unfortunately that's what we have to live with. If your system is not performing as I described above then you need to report it to your dealers service department. Just this afternoon when I got in my truck after remote starting it. The temp was set at 73 degrees and it was blowing cold air but, when I turned the truck off this morning it was blowing heat out of the vents.

What if I don't use the auto and just leave the heat on a certain temp and fan speed (not auto) when I shut the off. Will it use those settings when i remote start it again?

I'd rather not have to rely on this auto thing

OK 1 last time. It's 70 degrees outside you set the automatic controls to a temp of 65 degrees the A/C comes on and cools the truck. You then get home and park the truck for the night with the system still in auto and still set at 65 degrees. Do not turn it off. Overnight the temps drop to oh lets say 45 degrees. You hit the remote start button. The HVAC system comes on and sees the set point is 65 degrees and the cab temp is around 50 degrees. The heat (not the A/C) should come on and warm the truck up to the set point of 65 degrees. These trucks DO NOT operate like the older versions unfortunately that's what we have to live with. If your system is not performing as I described above then you need to report it to your dealers service department. Just this afternoon when I got in my truck after remote starting it. The temp was set at 73 degrees and it was blowing cold air but, when I turned the truck off this morning it was blowing heat out of the vents.

I understand your point. I just don't see how exactly 65 degrees is "heating" when it's around 55 outside, especially if I enter the truck and the AC light is on, that means cooling and not heating

I understand your point. I just don't see how exactly 65 degrees is "heating" when it's around 55 outside, especially if I enter the truck and the AC light is on, that means cooling and not heating

AC light will be on regardless of the temp. I manually turn it off in the winter...

That's good information guys. Thank you very much! I left the ac on 65 degrees auto. We'll see what happens tomorrow morning. Sorry for those nonsense questions, I'm new to that remote start thing mixed with hvac. I guess I'm learning something new about hvac too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Dealer kept the truck overnight and tried to get the seats to work the next morning when it was cold. They could not get the heated seats to work with the remote start. I have the truck back while the dealer contacts GM for answers. I suggested that they try the feature on the two new appropriately equipped trucks in the lot, which they said that they will. I am starting to believe that none of the new 2014s heated seats with remote start will work

I understand that the seats do not heat as much with remote start when nobody is in the truck as when someone is actually sitting in the seats. This AM, snow covering the truck, 30 degrees outside, I remote started the truck while I was inside and I did not feel any heat in the seats. Overall, the A/C and Seats on remote start on this truck are very disappointing. Give me my 2010 Silverado back!

I agree, up here, it could easily be 75-80 in the afternoon and 40 the next morning. In my opinion, GM took a great working remote start feature from a previous model and screwed it up.

Archived