Exhaust Adaptive Valve

I ran mine over the axle then dumped them by the spare tire. I would recommend doing that the same. My buddy dumps his right after the muffler and its pretty loud.

Did you notice any power lose when dumping it

Edited by Bigluke

I personoally only use Magnaflow, I have the 5x11x22 in mine and it sounds great, but it also was the only muffler that Magnaflow offers that has 3.5" inlet/outlet in a center/offset configuration.

Really, that's it. Acoustics? There is not a mechanical reason?

Yep... it's supposed to reduce noise/drone during regular driving and V4 mode.

Dynomax uses them... notice how smooth & well-designed the Dynomax valve is v/s GM's design. http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers/dynomax-vt-mufflers

• Like 1

Yep... it's supposed to reduce noise/drone during regular driving and V4 mode.

Dynomax uses them... notice how smooth & well-designed the Dynomax valve is v/s GM's design. http://www.dynomax.com/mufflers/dynomax-vt-mufflers

I wonder what that little return spring is made of on the DynoMax... I just cant see it holding up to a couple thousand heat cycles, but I'm sure DynoMax Engineers have thought of that and made the spring from some tung-stain-tanium alloy, only mined in the remote regions of of SW Kansas.

Edited by iCryWheniGoPoop

Did the muffler delete at about 700 miles and by a thousand that damn valve started rattling like crazy during cruising speeds. Gonna go with a Magnaflow with dual outlet and regular chrome tips out the rear. Screw that piece of crap valve.

Okay so I installed my new muffler went with a flowmaster 40 series just single in single out and had the resonator removed it sounds good but there a weird noise almost like a exhaust leak but check all the welds there good. Could this be the stupid valve behind the muffler and should I remove it