And what is your point? You think he intentionally purchased a truck with vibration issues, seriously.

The point is that some members in this forum ridiculed those who complained about these problems and asserted that only a very small number of trucks have this issue (without having any data to show of course). They encouraged others to buy these trucks without any hesitation, as there was supposedly very small chance of having a vibration problem (or any other problem). Looks like the probablity is quite high.

Edited by pm26

For those with the problems, at what mileage did the issue begin? I assume none of this occured during the test drive. I am just wondering everyday I get into my truck if the impending doom is about to occur. Such a wealth of info on this site

My truck really started being noticeable around 3k miles when at speeds around 73mph. I'd have to check my service tickets. I've had the tires rf balanced three times. I've got about 8890 now.

Anyone have the main contact number for GM? I recall seeing it to open a case. Anyone can complain on a website or blog, but GM needs to be contacted directly or nothing will ever happen. Enough complaints of the same issue will start the review process.

Edited by leviblue

I read about the vibe before I bought, read that some trucks have it, some dont. I insisted on an interstate test drive. Heavy traffic prevented me from getting over 65 except for a few short bursts on I-10, and one stretch of back road for a minute or so. I didnt notice anything abnormal, so I bought it. Clearly my testing was flawed. I bought a 2012 Silvy from the same dealer in 12 and it was perfect. No probs at all.

I really started feeling the vibe about 20 miles into the 35 mile ride home after buying when I got it above 65 for a long stretch of smooth interstate. Started getting a knot in my stomach once I realized the truck had the vibe. A week or so later my transmission started slipping on take off.

GM Customer Care, 855-773-9393, has been useless to me. My selling dealers service manager says my truck has no problems. GMCC accepts his word as the final word. They told me they will do nothing else for me on this issue and my transmission slipping issue because, incredibly, he also said THAT was normal too even after he rode in my passenger seat and FELT the damn thing slip, several times! He said it was "driveline flex"! In my opinion he is incompetent and does not have the training or experience necessary to be in his position. But, since I am merely a lowly customer and HE is some kind of GM Service GOD whose every utterance is GOSPEL, I have no voice or say in this matter according to GMCC.

I have a BRAND NEW 2014 SILVERADO that is a LEMON!

How can GM leave a customer hangin and just twistin in the wind like this on the word of ONE person?

If you twitter, #My2014SilveradoLemon

@chevycustcare

@gmcustomersvc

@chevylife

Edited by mikeinmobileal

Iam having the same problem on 2015 2500hd a vibration around 70 mph not in the steering wheel but definitely feel it and the passenger seat shakes had it at the dealer twice first time they tried to balance the tires and couldn't get them rite so they took em to a tire shop and they did it there but the problem is still there took it back and they told me that's just the way the truck drives so I drove another new one with 5 miles on it and it also did the same thing

Mine is in the steering wheel. The passenger seat shake I can deal with. I'll drive to work tomorrow and see if there's any noticeable change from it being at the dealership. The drive home was to much traffic. The vibe is my biggest issue.

Mine is in the steering wheel. The passenger seat shake I can deal with. I'll drive to work tomorrow and see if there's any noticeable change from it being at the dealership. The drive home was to much traffic. The vibe is my biggest issue.

A shake in the steering wheel points to the front end. A shake in your seat points to the rear end.

Edited by fondupot

Probably half the truck buyers out there will never haul anything heavier than a little lumber from Home Depot or a sofa from the furniture store (myself included).

Yeah that's a fair point. I also don't haul very heavy loads or tow too often. But there is the occasional time when I work the truck like it should be worked and it's nice to know it can take it. Maybe I'm just old school in my thinking but I like trucks to be a little more rugged and simplistic in design. I also had a horrible experience with Dodge being a former owner so I admit my opinion is extremely biased.

Also don't forget Suburbans and Tahoes have rear leaf springs :D

• Like 1

A shake in the wheel points to the front end. A shake in your seat points to the rear end.

What about a shake in the wheel that was there a lot in the spring through June, and then has been mostly non existent up through now except the occasional cooler morning (60-70 degrees) where it will shake for about a mile down the interstate and then stop. Tires? I'm still thinking tires..........

• Like 1

Yeah that's a fair point. I also don't haul very heavy loads or tow too often. But there is the occasional time when I work the truck like it should be worked and it's nice to know it can take it. Maybe I'm just old school in my thinking but I like trucks to be a little more rugged and simplistic in design. I also had a horrible experience with Dodge being a former owner so I admit my opinion is extremely biased.

Also don't forget Suburbans and Tahoes have rear leaf springs :D

Well, I say I like the Ram..... but if it came right down to it, I don't know if I could make myself do it!!!

I've never owned anything but GM. I'm classic GM-Loyal. :thumbs:

For those with the problems, at what mileage did the issue begin? I assume none of this occured during the test drive. I am just wondering everyday I get into my truck if the impending doom is about to occur. Such a wealth of info on this site

Mine started around 4,000 miles when an aggressive shake in the center console started happening.

What about a shake in the wheel that was there a lot in the spring through June, and then has been mostly non existent up through now except the occasional cooler morning (60-70 degrees) where it will shake for about a mile down the interstate and then stop. Tires? I'm still thinking tires..........

I think in your case and mine it's a tire issue. The seat shaking could be rear end related. But if that's the case then every truck I've owned for the last 20 plus years has had a rear end issue that didn't cause a performance problem.

I don't feel it's my responsibility to replace the tires on a new vehicle if they're not of good quality. The last road force balance number reported was 18. I think that's too high but the specs show the tire can be up to 24 before they are to be replaced.

• Like 1

Mine started around 4,000 miles when an aggressive shake in the center console started happening.

Those who are currently following this thread, if you still have vibration problems, please post where your truck was assembled and if you have a short or long bed.

I have a short bed crew cab assembled in Mexico.

The last time I spoke with a representative at GM they mentioned that they believe the problem is worse in the long bed trucks because of the two piece drive shaft.

Thank you for your participation.