Just a follow up, 2014 CC 4X4 SB high country 6.2. Dealer replaced all 4 gy with michelin's at about 6k. Vibration 100% gone. Have about 13k now, and the 70-80 vibration is back. They checked the balance, and are scratching heads. I believe it has something to do with tire compound. New tires corrected the problem 100% but after 5-6k miles it came back.

The truck is worse than before now after the dealer said it was fixed.

They told me there was a tire with a bubble in it, at high speed the bubble stretches and moves to a lower location near the tread. Therefore causing the vibration. The Dealer replaced the left rear tire. They dealer also Radial Force balanced all tires, they did have to rotate the tires on the rim to properly balance. The mechanic stated the truck drove ok or as normal, however did feel "Only road and some frame beaming which is normal". I disagree.

They performed visual multipoint inspection including tire & brake, etc. Drivetrain inspection, tires, suspension, exhaust, etc.

Mechanic said the vehicle is pulling at high speeds, the truck didn't pull when I drove it.

They also performed Wheel alignment.

I arrived at the dealer today to pick up my truck, at which I test drove it before giving the loaner back. The truck is the same or worse than when I brought it in. I left the truck with the Service Writer, he said he would talk to the managers at what can be done.

He called me back to say, they have done everything possible and nothing else can be done. I even mentioned trying Michellin tires, they said I can go buy them myself.

This is a Denali, should ride like a basic truck or way better. I have owned and driven many trucks old and heavier than mine, none of the vibrated at highway speeds.

To summarize, I am very disappointed.

This is crazy and illegal! Everyone who has a problem with there new vehical and Manufacture refuses to fix such a serious issue as a vehical shaking wheels, should contact NHTSA, BBB, and there lawyer!

I have tried working with GM and Dealer, and it resulted in nothing getting repaired or fixed.

A vehical that preforms mechanicaly different from others is not "Preforming as designed".

In fact that is a failure to provide warranty for your new vehical, or replace it with one that is not defective or broken.

If this is a transmission issue, IMHO, or whatever else GM is aware of.

GM needs to correct it and get our trucks fixed now!

I have started legal action, I have no patience left for lies and denials.

Reporting our defective Driveline issues to the National Highway Traffic Safety Association and BBB is our only way we will learn what is plaguing our trucks outside seeking a lawyer!

Good luck to you all that are waiting on GM to fit your trucks.

Edited by 2strokesmoke
  • Like 1

Talked to BBB today. Tomorrow he will be picking my arbitration date against GM. he said it should be at the end of the month. I will have to drive 3 hrs for the meeting so I hope it is worth it.

I also talked to service manager, he has not been contacted by anyone at GM on what to do next. I talked him into taking the driveshaft off and taking it to be balanced at a private shop.

Also The GM lady at the resolution center was to call me today, no call from her either.

• Like 1

This is getting hilarious! Legal action? Safety defect? Lol!

Just trade your truck in if you don't like the way it rides.

Are you for real!

My truck doesn't vibrate, it shakes! And the rear end feels like it is falling apart with 1-2-3-4 shift issues.

This truck was bought new, not used, not broken. So what r you saying man!

By the way I am a mechanic, and I repair defects from factories all the time, but if this truck was tested for quality and passed there is big issues going on with GM's Mexican truck plant!

• Like 2

Are you for real!

My truck doesn't vibrate, it shakes! And the rear end feels like it is falling apart with 1-2-3-4 shift issues.

This truck was bought new, not used, not broken. So what r you saying man!

By the way I am a mechanic, and I repair defects from factories all the time, but if this truck was tested for quality and passed there is big issues going on with GM's Mexican truck plant!

GM either has issues with lazy quality personnel or they are knowingly releasing these vehicles to the dealerships. Considering that people are going to the dealer and driving several trucks before finding one that doesn't shake or vibrate it's probably the latter.

Same thing happened this morning that I previously posted about. The temperature out when I left about 7:30 AM to head to work was about 70 degrees. As soon as I got on the interstate 5 minutes later and got up to 70 mph, the steering wheel started vibrating and it subsided after about 5 minutes of driving down the interstate. Really f*****g strange dude............

Same thing happened this morning that I previously posted about. The temperature out when I left about 7:30 AM to head to work was about 70 degrees. As soon as I got on the interstate 5 minutes later and got up to 70 mph, the steering wheel started vibrating and it subsided after about 5 minutes of driving down the interstate. Really f*****g strange dude............

Out of curiousity how severe is your vibration? I've test drove two, one vibrated and one didn't. But the one that did vibrate was pretty mild.

I'm 90% your issue is the tires being the wheel is shaking. Strange though