I read in a earlier post about the numbers on Road Force Balance is now lower than 24, could someone come up with the reference or bulletin number on this. I just had mine rebalanced and being under 24, GM specs, they( I mean the service dept and GM customer service) closed my case because their within specs and that's all they can do. I believe mine could be wheels and tires from what the readings on the vibration analyzer read. I still have vibrations in my seat and wheel.

We'll update after leaving my truck with dealer yet again to attempt to identify the source of my vibration, this time with a GM field tech on scene. They used a peeko? vibration tool this time and while they admit the vibration (see previous posts for various attempted fixes in past dealer visits) is there at 72 and above, they could not identify the source. Totally dissapointed after multiple attempts and a vibration that has gotten worse with 6k miles now on the truck a GM tech couldn't find the solution. 3 recall fixes while at dealer (trans fluid line, gauge software update, and transfer case) first oil and filter, and yet no fix for the vibration. The only hope I have at this point is the fact that GM is very aware of this problem, and I was told it's even been identified on new Yukons. Another local dealer had 4 vehicles at their location that the GM tech went to see. So at this point I feel unless I press for a buyback (I have thousands of dollars in subwoofer, radar/laser, led reverse lights, HID headlights, and led fogs) which will make a buyback very expensive for me, that I will have to wait now for GM to hopefully find a solution and issue an official tech bulliten or whatever they do to fix the problem.

I

And they claimed my transmission and rear end were not the sources either. Meant to include that as I have posted recently I was I convinced the vibration was linked to a very sloppy transmission and rough shifting.

Out of curiousity how severe is your vibration? I've test drove two, one vibrated and one didn't. But the one that did vibrate was pretty mild.

It's mild in the sense that the whole truck doesn't vibrate, just the steering wheel. But you can definitely tell when the steering wheel vibrates and when it doesn't.

Don't you guys know that GM is just trying to appeal to the female demographic with the trucks that vibrate?

#that_was_a_pun

Cue "Strong" by Will Hoge

"A woman.

A woman and her truck.

A woman, her truck, and a 1,200 lb passenger."

We'll update after leaving my truck with dealer yet again to attempt to identify the source of my vibration, this time with a GM field tech on scene. They used a peeko? vibration tool this time and while they admit the vibration (see previous posts for various attempted fixes in past dealer visits) is there at 72 and above, they could not identify the source. Totally dissapointed after multiple attempts and a vibration that has gotten worse with 6k miles now on the truck a GM tech couldn't find the solution. 3 recall fixes while at dealer (trans fluid line, gauge software update, and transfer case) first oil and filter, and yet no fix for the vibration. The only hope I have at this point is the fact that GM is very aware of this problem, and I was told it's even been identified on new Yukons. Another local dealer had 4 vehicles at their location that the GM tech went to see. So at this point I feel unless I press for a buyback (I have thousands of dollars in subwoofer, radar/laser, led reverse lights, HID headlights, and led fogs) which will make a buyback very expensive for me, that I will have to wait now for GM to hopefully find a solution and issue an official tech bulliten or whatever they do to fix the problem.

I

And they claimed my transmission and rear end were not the sources either. Meant to include that as I have posted recently I was I convinced the vibration was linked to a very sloppy transmission and rough shifting.

I think its great that your dealer is working with you.

Before I bought this brand new 2014 I expected that kind of response from my selling dealer since this is my second new truck from them and they were great with the first one, but then again it had zero problems so there was no need for them to step up. You dont really find out what kind of people you are dealing with until you have a problem.

My selling dealers service manager shut me down after two tire balances and said the vibration is normal. He said the transmssion slipping for an instant on takeoff, then catching is "driveline flex" and its normal. After its warmed up, everytime you take off from a complete stop it slips for a half second then catches so hard it feels like somebody rearended the truck. Normal? He also told GM my truck is normal so now neither one will do anything else to help me with these problems with my 43K truck.

I called my GM rep and politely disagreed with the diagnosis. I said that the vibration, and especially the transmission problem, was not normal. Her response was that I was welcome to get a second opinion.

I tried to get a second dealer to look at it and explained the whole story to them. There was some back and forth, then they basically refused to get involved and blew me off. Told me to take it back to where I bought it.

My mistake was explaining everything to the second dealer, since I always believe that being honest and up front is the best course of action. So much for that. It got me kicked in the teeth.

Im working on getting a third dealer to help me.

Its ridiculous that I have to go from GM dealer to GM dealer to try and find one that will help. I was under the mistaken impression that since they were GM dealers, they were required to help if you had a problem with your GM product. Even more ridiculous that ONE person, who is obviously incompetent, can tell GM that my truck is fine, and they accept that as gospel even though their CUSTOMER tells them that it still has problems.

Bottom line? GM didnt offer to help me find and get another dealer to look at my truck, or even offer to call another dealer and ask them to look at it. My GM rep made it clear that they had their diagnosis and I was now on my own. They offered NO HELP to me, so its nice to see that they do help some people.

Edited by mikeinmobileal

Before I bought this brand new 2014 I expected that kind of response from my selling dealer since this is my second new truck from them and they were great with the first one, but then again it had zero problems so there was no need for them to step up. You dont really find out what kind of people you are dealing with until you have a problem.

My selling dealers service manager shut me down after two tire balances and said the vibration is normal. He said the transmssion slipping for an instant on takeoff, then catching is "driveline flex" and its normal. After its warmed up, everytime you take off from a complete stop it slips for a half second then catches so hard it feels like somebody rearended the truck. Normal? He also told GM my truck is normal so now neither one will do anything else to help me with these problems with my 43K truck.

I called my GM rep and politely disagreed with the diagnosis. I said that the vibration, and especially the transmission problem, was not normal. Her response was that I was welcome to get a second opinion.

I tried to get a second dealer to look at it and explained the whole story to them. There was some back and forth, then they basically refused to get involved and blew me off. Told me to take it back to where I bought it.

My mistake was explaining everything to the second dealer, since I always believe that being honest and up front is the best course of action. So much for that. It got me kicked in the teeth.

Its ridiculous that I have to go from GM dealer to GM dealer to try and find one that will help. I was under the mistaken impression that since they were GM dealers, they were required to help if you had a problem with your GM product. Even more ridiculous that ONE person, who is obviously incompetent, can tell GM that my truck is fine, and they accept that as gospel even though their CUSTOMER tells them that it still has problems.

Bottom line? GM didnt offer to help me find and get another dealer to look at my truck, or even offer to call another dealer and ask them to look at it. My GM rep made it clear that they had their diagnosis and I was now on my own. They offered NO HELP to me, so its nice to see that they do help some people.

You know what to do next. Don't take this B.S. from them! It will work out in the end.

Ok I will start here,

I have been saying all along that this vibration issue is a transmission issue!

Now for the meat and potatoes facts.

Facts

1: vehicle vibrates worse when temperature increase.

2: Some times vibration is better when change in temperature

3: Driveshaft, and tires may be bad on some but didn't fix the worst vibrations issues.

4: Some folks have 1-2-3-4 shift issue shuddering.

5: Vehicle's transmission is designed to only get a complete lock up from 5th gear and 6th.

6: 1-2-3-4 shifts are triggered by tranny pump pushing solenoids and speed sensors.

7: Some folks complain about vehicle feeling like it is in neutral when 1-2 shift delay and then a bump shudder shift.

8: Down shifts are delayed, and feel very hard and sometimes jolt, thunk, thump while down shifting.

9: While coasting, "example merging or in a turn lane" then accelerating transmission has a delay and clunks while catching up to the engine torque.

10: Vibration at 40-55mph. 4th gear shift to 5th gear shift.

11: Vibration at 65-75mph 6th gear tranny full lock up. (like typical overdrive 1 engine to 1:1 or 1:2 tranny rotations)

12: TSB or PIP5175B Shudder During launch in 1-2-3-4 Delayed engagement into drive

13: Vibration is across all models that have this transmission 6L80 MYC Auto 6speed Built in Silao Mexico

14: Models Sierra, Silverado, Yukon, Cadillac Escalade ect...

15: 1 member fixed his trucks vibrations and his 1-2-3-4 shift issues with a new transmission pump seal and loose bolts retightened.

As a mechanic my humble opinion is that the transmission pump seal is leaking in these trucks that have these symptoms.

It is a known facts that these hydraulic pumps in the transmission have had bad gasket seals, and bolts have been found to be finger tight during repair inspection.

I am saying that when this trucks transmission gets warmed up it begins to leak around the pump seal, causing a loss of oil pressure, causing shudder and vibration.

At a lower speed (lower pressure) it would delay shift then cause a bump into next gear. At a higher gear it would cause the transmission pump to operate with less pressure creating a shudder felt as a vibration at higher speed.

Now if this gasket is leaking at the pump, it would make sense that cooler temps and cooler tranny oil would be thicker, better drive less vibration until above 150f

Then as it starts to heat up it thins out causing leaking and pressure loss resulting in vibration.

Now for those that have the 1-2 shift delay after starting up and going! (without a warm up) the hot thin oil has already leaked back down to the tranny pan while it sat since the last drive!

Low transmission pump pressure causes shuddering, and vibration and I feel this is what is going on with this transmission. it happened with earlier builds and now it is back, it is a quality issue maybe pump is being under torqued bolts loose, or over torqued causing gasket to squeeze out and pump now leaks.

I stand behind this theory, and that this is a transmission pump pressure loss issue that is causing our vibrations, and shuddering, and other shift down shift issues as well!

Please chime in if anyone sees or knows more about this hydraulic stuff.

thxs

Edited by 2strokesmoke
  • Like 1

Ok I will start here,

Facts

3: Driveshaft, and tires may be bad on some but didn't fix the worst vibrations issues.

5: Vehicle's transmission is designed to only get a complete lock up from 5th gear and 6th.

6: 1-2-3-4 shifts are triggered by tranny pump pushing solenoids and speed sensors.

7: Some folks complain about vehicle feeling like it is in neutral when 1-2 shift delay and then a bump shudder shift.

8: Down shifts are delayed, and feel very hard and sometimes jolt, thunk, thump while down shifting.

9: While coasting, "example merging or in a turn lane" then accelerating transmission has a delay and clunks while catching up to the engine torque.

11: Vibration at 65-75mph 6th gear tranny full lock up. (like typical overdrive 1 engine to 1:1 or 1:2 tranny rotations)

12: TSB or PIP5175B Shudder During launch in 1-2-3-4 Delayed engagement into drive

13: Vibration is across all models that have this transmission 6L80 MYC Auto 6speed Built in Silao Mexico

15: 1 member fixed his trucks vibrations and his 1-2-3-4 shift issues with a new transmission pump seal and loose bolts retightened.

As a mechanic my humble opinion is that the transmission pump seal is leaking in these trucks that have these symptoms.

It is a known facts that these hydraulic pumps in the transmission have had bad gasket seals, and bolts have been found to be finger tight during repair inspection.

I am saying that when this trucks transmission gets warmed up it begins to leak around the pump seal, causing a loss of oil pressure, causing shudder and vibration.

At a lower speed (lower pressure) it would delay shift then cause a bump into next gear. At a higher gear it would cause the transmission pump to operate with less pressure creating a shudder felt as a vibration at higher speed.

Now if this gasket is leaking at the pump, it would make sense that cooler temps and cooler tranny oil would be thicker, better drive less vibration until above 150f

Then as it starts to heat up it thins out causing leaking and pressure loss resulting in vibration.

Now for those that have the 1-2 shift delay after starting up and going! (without a warm up) the hot thin oil has already leaked back down to the tranny pan while it sat since the last drive!

Low transmission pump pressure causes shuddering, and vibration and I feel this is what is going on with this transmission. it happened with earlier builds and now it is back, it is a quality issue maybe pump is being under torqued bolts loose, or over torqued causing gasket to squeeze out and pump now leaks.

I stand behind this theory, and that this is a transmission pump pressure loss issue that is causing our vibrations, and shuddering, and other shift down shift issues as well!

thxs

I don't know about any of the hydraulics but you mentioned this happens when the truck gets warm. I can tell you that the shudder happens also in 20 degree weather without warning the truck up at all. I live in Philadelphia and live 3 minutes from the highway. I wouldnt warm the truck up just shower and leave for work. As soon as I hit highway speeds the shuttering begins. Don't know if this info helps or not...

I don't know about any of the hydraulics but you mentioned this happens when the truck gets warm. I can tell you that the shudder happens also in 20 degree weather without warning the truck up at all. I live in Philadelphia and live 3 minutes from the highway. I wouldnt warm the truck up just shower and leave for work. As soon as I hit highway speeds the shuttering begins. Don't know if this info helps or not...

Possible your pump bolts are loose, so pressure loss is constant regardless of temp...

Leaking pump gasket only needs to be a tiny bit to be a problem under high pressure, and hot tranny oil.

This is my humble opinion for those that have ruled out driveshaft, and tires and have shuddering at 1-2 launch and shuddering at 65-75mph worth investigating my theory!

Possible your pump bolts are loose, so pressure loss is constant regardless of temp...

Leaking pump gasket only needs to be a tiny bit to be a problem under high pressure, and hot tranny oil.

This is my humble opinion for those that have ruled out driveshaft, and tires and have shuddering at 1-2 launch and shuddering at 65-75mph worth investigating my theory!

Cool thanks for the info! Just wanted to throw my experience in there

I personally had my cruise set at 75, feeing the vibration come, and go, shifted into M4, and M5, same speed, same vibration, to me that rules out the transmission. I did drag my foot on the brake at 75, had to push harder on the gas to hold the speed, and didn't notice the vibration anymore. Granted I didn't do this for a long distance because I didn't want to melt my brakes.

Ok I will start here,

Facts

thxs

What about the folks that have dropped it into neutral or shut the truck off completely in neutral and just let it coast and the vibration is still there? Or the folks that have had the rear ring and pinion replaced and the problem went away? I'm not dismissing your transmission theory completely. But I don't think it's the only cause of the vibration as this thread seems to point to different vibrations and different causes/solutions of those vibrations.

I'm not an engineer but I think it might be transmission or driveline related. It's not the tires. My basis for this is the fact that I've had the tires replaced multiple times, my current tires are road forced under 10#'s, a new drive shaft, and the ring and pinion inspected with no fix to the vibration. Regarding the temperature changes, my vibration is present in the morning when it's 78 degrees at 6am during my morning commute and in the afternoon when its 95 degrees during my afternoon commute. I do notice a little more vibration when I've been on the highway for 45+ minutes. I mainly travel newly paved federal interstates so I don't believe it to be road related or "road input" as GM calls it.