This is my opinion only, but this is what GM should do: If they cannot fix your truck under waranty they should buy it back at full purchase price. Then they should take these trucks apart at one of their reaserch and development facilities, and find the root cause of the vibration problems and eliminate them. Then they would also have low mileage trucks, now repaired to sell at a good price to recoup their losses to some extent. This would be fair to everyone and would help GM to avoid similar pitfalls in the future.

Edited by pm26
  • Like 4

This is my opinion only, but this is what GM should do: If they cannot fix your truck under waranty they should buy it back at full purchase price. Then they should take these trucks apart at one of their reaserch and development facilities, and find the root cause of the vibration problems and eliminate them. Then they would also have low mileage trucks, now repaired to sell at a good price to recoup their losses to some extent. This would be fair to everyone and would help GM to avoid similar pitfalls in the future.

They'll buy it back and then put it on the used car lot for someone else to deal with.

They'll buy it back and then put it on the used car lot for someone else to deal with.

I meant buying them back voluntarily, not only when forced by the consumer protection laws.

And repairing them before selling them to another unsuspecting sucker. That's the only ethical thing to do.

• Like 2

I meant buying them back voluntarily, not only when forced by the consumer protection laws.

And repairing them before selling them to another unsuspecting sucker. That's the only ethical thing to do.

I know what you meant.... and I agree with you that it makes logical sense to buy them back so they can figure out what is causing the vibration. The reality is that GM thinks it's acceptable for a truck to shake on the highway since they continue to tell me that it is "road input" or "a normal operating characteristic of the vehicle" or "performing as designed." But they won't give you a yes or no answer when you ask them if it is safe to drive. They will use the buzz words mentioned above and talk in circles until you end the call.

I don't know why everybody thinks it's ONE thing that is causing everybody's problems. It's likely that everybody is experiencing different problems - or several different problems. There is not one magic fix that will fix everybody's tuck. For some people it's tires. For some it'll be shocks, driveshaft, tranny, rear end, axles, etc. Each of you just need to be pushy and persistent to get the dealer and/or GM to resolve. If they can't/won't fix it, push for a buy back. There are several instances on this site of buy backs, so it does happen if you truly have a problem. But if you just sit around and wait and complain, your truck will never be fixed. I know dealing with the dealership and GM is a hastle, but it you want it fixed or a new truck, you have to do it. Otherwise, deal with it or trade your truck in on a different one.

And I'm sorry to those who think otherwise, a vibration is not a safety issue that will prompt the NHTSA to get involved.

Edited by Black03Yukon
  • Like 2

I don't know why everybody thinks it's ONE thing that is causing everybody's problems. It's likely that everybody is experiencing different problems - or several different problems. There is not one magic fix that will fix everybody's tuck. For some people it's tires. For some it'll be shocks, driveshaft, tranny, rear end, axles, etc. Each of you just need to be pushy and persistent to get the dealer and/or GM to resolve. If they can't/won't fix it, push for a buy back. There are several instances on this site of buy backs, so it does happen if you truly have a problem. But if you just sit around and wait and complain, your truck will never be fixed. I know dealing with the dealership and GM is a hastle, but it you want it fixed or a new truck, you have to do it. Otherwise, deal with it or trade your truck in on a different one.

And I'm sorry to those who think otherwise, a vibration is not a safety issue that will prompt the NHTSA to get involved.

You're right.

Yes, I agree, but you shouldn't act like you haven't complained also.

Edit: let people complain, they are just venting their frustration like we all do from time to time. I didn't know this was a "do not complain forum" or have the rules changed/

Edited by 14LTZZ71

Yes, I agree, but you shouldn't act like you haven't complained also.

Edit: let people complain, they are just venting their frustration like we all do from time to time. I didn't know this was a "do not complain forum" or have the rules changed/

No, people are free to complain all they want. I never said they couldn't. Only that it won't fix anything.

Any idea if vibration on this could be related?

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/163658-difference-in-rear-height/

I don't think so. The bed on mine sits 3/4" higer on the drivers side. All 3 pickup trucks that I've owned came from the factory with beds that sat higher on the drivers side. They don't do it because the fuel tank is on that side either because with a full tank of fuel it still sits 3/4" higher. I don't think its related to this issue.

• Like 1

Recent events

I was coming off the highway to off ramp, slight upward grade and traffic light was green slowed down and turned left to slight upward grade.

As I started to accelerate and turn left my truck begin to shudder and felt like the transmission slipped and the rear axle begin to bind up some what. My transmission fluid was reading 195f by the trucks readings.

I do not have any vibration at or above 70mph rides like glass.

I am working with GM right now to have my truck sorted out, unfortunately it has taken legal action to get them to do anything or take my complaints serious.

Tires have been replaced, balanced, driveshaft replaced, rear end is next to be replaced, radio replaced, seat assembly, rust issue on frame.

So yes I have been patient, and still no fix and vibration getting worse. Transmission shudders from 1-2 shift and worse when warm and up hill grade.

Edited by 2strokesmoke

Recent events

I was coming off the highway to off ramp, slight upward grade and traffic light was green slowed down and turned left to slight upward grade.

As I started to accelerate and turn left my truck begin to shudder and felt like the transmission slipped and the rear axle begin to bind up some what. My transmission fluid was reading 195f by the trucks readings.

I do not have any vibration at or above 70mph rides like glass.

I am working with GM right now to have my truck sorted out, unfortunately it has taken legal action to get them to do anything or take my complaints serious.

Tires have been replaced, balanced, driveshaft replaced, rear end is next to be replaced, radio replaced, seat assembly, rust issue on frame.

So yes I have been patient, and still no fix and vibration getting worse. Transmission shudders from 1-2 shift and worse when warm and up hill grade.

Either the GM engineers are just as confused as everyone else when it comes to this issue or GM has too much s_ _ t on their plate right now to worry about these issues. I hope they get you taken care of in a proper and ethical manner.

Either the GM engineers are just as confused as everyone else when it comes to this issue or GM has too much s_ _ t on their plate right now to worry about these issues. I hope they get you taken care of in a proper and ethical manner.

I'd put my money on the second option.

The shake is not the end of the world for me, but it's hard to stand by a product that comes with a built in massage/coffee mixing feature not advertised that I didn't want lol. I'll mention it when I go in for my oil change along with why they didn't put the screws in my rear handle which pulled off when a passenger climbed in. Besides I don't do 70mph very often for obvious reasons :P

It's more of a piss-off than anything. No one wants to have their friends in their new truck and have a shake like mine and then be told you should have bought a Ferd.

Edited by RageMonkey

I have a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4x4 crew cab standard size bed with 20" Goodyear tires. I was starting to think I was the only one with this problem. I have been having the same experience with vibration at varied speeds around 75 to 85 mph. I took it back to the dealership about the 2nd week of ownership and they said there was a flat spot on one of the tires, so they replaced it with a new tire. Everything was fine until I took it in for the 1st oil change and tire rotation a few months later. I noticed right a way that it had a vibration again but even worse no matter what road I was on. I took it back a couple days later and they experimented by exchanging new tires from a new vehicle on their lot and said the ride was better. However, they said Chevrolet would not pay for 4 new tires for my truck so they removed them and put my original tires back on. When I picked it up, they told me it was solved by putting different amounts of air (nitrogen) in the tires(less in the back tires). I'm sorry, but that is not acceptable. Besides all that, sometime at the dealership, the plastic piece on the lower front of my truck got dented in!! They brought that to my attention when I picked the truck up! It wasn't there before!! I just figured claim it on my insurance! I have another appointment at a different dealership in town this Friday. I really hope to get this problem solved. I will post my results.