I have a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4x4 crew cab standard size bed with 20" Goodyear tires. I was starting to think I was the only one with this problem. I have been having the same experience with vibration at varied speeds around 75 to 85 mph. I took it back to the dealership about the 2nd week of ownership and they said there was a flat spot on one of the tires, so they replaced it with a new tire. Everything was fine until I took it in for the 1st oil change and tire rotation a few months later. I noticed right a way that it had a vibration again but even worse no matter what road I was on. I took it back a couple days later and they experimented by exchanging new tires from a new vehicle on their lot and said the ride was better. However, they said Chevrolet would not pay for 4 new tires for my truck so they removed them and put my original tires back on. When I picked it up, they told me it was solved by putting different amounts of air (nitrogen) in the tires(less in the back tires). I'm sorry, but that is not acceptable. Besides all that, sometime at the dealership, the plastic piece on the lower front of my truck got dented in!! They brought that to my attention when I picked the truck up! It wasn't there before!! I just figured claim it on my insurance! I have another appointment at a different dealership in town this Friday. I really hope to get this problem solved. I will post my results.

Why not let the dealer pay to replace the dented piece.

I highly doubt they asked GM if they would pay for 4 new tires because it fixed your problem and GM said NO!

EDIT: However, I don't doubt that the dealer told you this.

Edited by 14LTZZ71

This is nuts! So your truck got damaged during your 1st service appointment and you are going to pay for the repair.

If dealer denies the damage, I would ask if they could split the dealer cost for the part if I was not 100% certain that it happened there!

As for the tires, open a claim with GM about the vibration that has come back since new, and it is oem tire related and dealer has a fix but wont cover it.

Also ask the dealer for the rep they spoke with, who denied this warranty repair.

Good luck going to a different dealer.

My selling dealers service manager says there is nothing wrong with my shaking, transmission slipping, truck. GM cust care takes his diagnosis as gospel, despite my insistence to the contrary. My voice falls on deaf ears. Gm cust care says Im free to take it to another dealer to get a second opinion.

So, I took it to another local Chevy dealer to get a second opinion. Wrong answer. All I get is anger directed at me from the service manager because I dared to ask them for help with something that they did not sell to me. I was told to take it back where I bought to get it fixed. Their transmission tech rode with me and told me my truck definitely had a transmission problem. When GM called to verify the problem, the service manager told GM my truck was fine, no problems. Wow.

So, I took it to yet another local Chevy dealer thinking maybe they will give me an official second opinion. Sorry. Wrong answer. Same story. GM tech rides with me, says my transmission needs to be looked at, service manager steps in, says he will not work on my truck or even diagnose that it has a transmission problem, because I didnt buy it there, I need to take it back where I bought it.

How can I get a second opinion when I cant get another GM dealer to diagnose it? I believe GM cust care knew I would get nowhere.
Looks to me like GM dealers can pick and choose what they do and what they dont and GM lets them do it. Both service managers that refused to help me didnt even flinch or beat around the bush when they told me to **** off. They didnt care at all if I liked it or not and didnt even try to be nice about it. Yes I have been polite to everyone through all this and havent lost my cool even once, except in private.

At this point I have a BRAND NEW truck with LESS THAN 1000 miles on it and it shakes at 65 and up and has a slipping transmission that I CANT GET ANYONE TO FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#MY2014SilveradoLemon

My selling dealers service manager says there is nothing wrong with my shaking, transmission slipping, truck. GM cust care takes his diagnosis as gospel, despite my insistence to the contrary. My voice falls on deaf ears. Gm cust care says Im free to take it to another dealer to get a second opinion.

So, I took it to another local Chevy dealer to get a second opinion. Wrong answer. All I get is anger directed at me from the service manager because I dared to ask them for help with something that they did not sell to me. I was told to take it back where I bought to get it fixed. Their transmission tech rode with me and told me my truck definitely had a transmission problem. When GM called to verify the problem, the service manager told GM my truck was fine, no problems. Wow.

So, I took it to yet another local Chevy dealer thinking maybe they will give me an official second opinion. Sorry. Wrong answer. Same story. GM tech rides with me, says my transmission needs to be looked at, service manager steps in, says he will not work on my truck or even diagnose that it has a transmission problem, because I didnt buy it there, I need to take it back where I bought it.

How can I get a second opinion when I cant get another GM dealer to diagnose it? I believe GM cust care knew I would get nowhere.

Looks to me like GM dealers can pick and choose what they do and what they dont and GM lets them do it. Both service managers that refused to help me didnt even flinch or beat around the bush when they told me to **** off. They didnt care at all if I liked it or not and didnt even try to be nice about it. Yes I have been polite to everyone through all this and havent lost my cool even once, except in private.

At this point I have a BRAND NEW truck with LESS THAN 1000 miles on it and it shakes at 65 and up and has a slipping transmission that I CANT GET ANYONE TO FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#MY2014SilveradoLemon

It is illegal for a GM dealer to refuse warranty work on grounds that the vehicle was not bought at their dealership. Your factory warranty is good at any GM dealer in the US. It does not even have to be a Chevrolet dealer, although they recommend that you take it to one.

However, this being the case, your best bet is to take your truck somewhere else and send a written complaint about your negative experience to GM corporate.

Edited by pm26

I have a similar issue now. I have a 2014 crew cab 4x4 with z71 in the V6. I loved my truck until last week. I brought it to Chevy for a recal, well it ended up having three recalls. I also had them calibrate my truck for the bigger tires I put on a few months ago. Well I pick my truck up and now it vibrates in the steering wheel and vibrates a little when you are driving and idling. Dealership says it's normal, but it never did this before I took it in. And they can't fix it and say that's how the v6s are.

It is illegal for a GM dealer to refuse warranty work on grounds that the vehicle was not bought at their dealership. Your factory warranty is good at any GM dealer in the US. It does not even have to be a Chevrolet dealer, although they recommend that you take it to one.

However, this being the case, your best bet is to take your truck somewhere else and send a written complaint about your negative experience to GM corporate.

It may be illegal, but the dealerships could care less. I've had dealers do this to me in Canada. Maybe it's different up here, but I ended up having to sell the vehicle because I couldn't get a dealership that wanted to touch the issue. One of them actually told me in the service bay when I showed up that it wasn't their problem and they wouldn't even look at it beyond basic servicing, i.e., oil change.

Edited by DanMan_S

It may be illegal, but the dealerships could care less. I've had dealers do this to me in Canada. Maybe it's different up here, but I ended up having to sell the vehicle because I couldn't get a dealership that wanted to touch the issue. One of them actually told me in the service bay when I showed up that it wasn't their problem and they wouldn't even look at it beyond basic servicing, i.e., oil change.

I canot speak for Canada but I would be suprised if the arrangement was not the same. Canada is a big country, what happens if you break down in a new vehicle 1000 kilometers away from your selling dealer?

I suspect that they are resentful because they do not know how to fix your truck and you are demanding answers. And GM is not helping, and possibly not compensating the delaer w for all the diagnostic work they put into trying to solve these problems. That seems to be the root cause of the problem.

Edited by pm26

I have a 2014 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4x4 crew cab standard size bed with 20" Goodyear tires. I was starting to think I was the only one with this problem. I have been having the same experience with vibration at varied speeds around 75 to 85 mph. I took it back to the dealership about the 2nd week of ownership and they said there was a flat spot on one of the tires, so they replaced it with a new tire. Everything was fine until I took it in for the 1st oil change and tire rotation a few months later. I noticed right a way that it had a vibration again but even worse no matter what road I was on. I took it back a couple days later and they experimented by exchanging new tires from a new vehicle on their lot and said the ride was better. However, they said Chevrolet would not pay for 4 new tires for my truck so they removed them and put my original tires back on. When I picked it up, they told me it was solved by putting different amounts of air (nitrogen) in the tires(less in the back tires). I'm sorry, but that is not acceptable. Besides all that, sometime at the dealership, the plastic piece on the lower front of my truck got dented in!! They brought that to my attention when I picked the truck up! It wasn't there before!! I just figured claim it on my insurance! I have another appointment at a different dealership in town this Friday. I really hope to get this problem solved. I will post my results.

Your new truck comes with a 1 year / 12,000 mile tire warranty. If you have a tire problem within the warranty period they have to fix it. My dealer replaced my tires multiple times under warranty and I now have Michelins on my truck.... But that hasn't fixed the vibration for me. Perhaps GM is starting to realize that the vibration is not tire related so they aren't swapping out tires like they were a few months ago. Also, if you have less than 7,500 miles they will road force balance your tires at no charge.

Thank you, Fishingbear. I will definitely keep that in mind when I'm at the dealership for the 4th time! I would like to try replacing the tires before anything else first. I just need to get them to put 4 new tires on now! Don't know if this is true or not, but the mechanic did tell me GM is not putting Goodyear tires on the newer trucks anymore and recommended Michelins.

I picked my truck up last night. They sent out the new driveshaft that was put on to be balanced. It was out of balance but still did not fix vibration. I am dealing with gm legal now and BBB. Also while i was at the dealer i noticed a new 1500 for sale had bridgestone duelers on it for tires, no more goodyear.

• Like 1

#MY2014SilveradoLemon

That's crazy, they are suppose to provide you with warranty service and repairs regardless of where you purchased the vehicle.

Maybe all the service managers know each other, sounds like they knew you were coming.

If you haven't ran out of dealerships, make an appointment with another dealer but don't tell them that you have taken it to other dealerships for the same condition.

Dropped my truck off last night for its first oil change. Its been roughly a month since I've been there for vibration issues. To recap: 1st visit they rebalanced the tires, vibration still present. 2nd visit the road force balanced the tires, vibration still present. I then put on aftermarket rims and toyo tires that were smooth from old truck, vibration still present. 3rd visit went for ride with service manager, he acknowledged vibration still there.

So I asked for them to look at it again. Apparently the guy who's a genius with their electronic vibration analysis machine is on holidays so now I have to wait another month. Damn it. My 2600km road trip in 2 weeks will be a shaky one!

Also a quick note- the guy who rode with me was advising his service tech its probably more of a 'road feel' issue. So I interrupted right there and said no it isn't. You can't even have grocery bags in the back without hearing the bags rustling.

Never been illegal to my knowledge. At least in WI. Same brand dealer has to work on your vehicle, but other brand GM dealers are not required. Pre 2002, it was same make as dealer only. Then they came up with "crossline" warranty. Originally it was for emergency and used vehicles that a dealer sold but were a different GM brand. But that didn't last long. Soon every dealer was working all GM brands and it morphed into what we have today. We warranty all GM brands. Again, this is not a requirement but all dealers I know of do it. They want the work.

I did here recently that Caddys require Caddy stores though.

When they put the GM sign on the dealership they agree to perform warranty work on GM vehicles. I don't think GM condones dealerships turning GM customers away and/or not performing warranty repairs.

Edit: but I don't think it's illegal, well then again maybe they are legally obligated?

Edited by 14LTZZ71