I have a 2014 silverado Z71 crew cab, I have a shake from the rear end. Everything in the cab shakes between 35 to 45 and then again around 70. Feels like the seat is a massaging seat. I bought a new set of rims and used the stock tires, 17 inch. Still had shake even after 2 rebalancing. I then bought new 22's and have same shake but worse. Took to dealership, advised had three seperate set of rims and two different set of tires, two different shop balancing machines, same shake. Dealer technician noticed the shake also. Dealer had my truck from Thursday thru Monday and gave me another 2014 Silverado 4x4 to drive, same shake. When i picked mine back up they told me is was the aftermarket rims and tires, nothing they could do for me. I seen other blogs where they said GM knows about the problem, has anyone else heard if GM is working on a fix?

Don't except that!

I have the same issue 40-55mph shake/vibration took the lies from dealer for so long then was told to live with it.

I took legal action, now they say it is the rear axle assembly after the tires, after the driveshaft...ect.

They are running out of things to blame or swap out. I am seeking full refund if they fail to correct this shake and shudder from driveline.

Take action now and document everything, good luck!

Where did you get tires and rims off a 2015? they are not even out in the US.

GM factory tech coming to look at my truck Thursday. BBB hearing set for next week.

Could have been off a 2015 suburban or Tahoe

Well, hopefully I will have some good news and updates for everyone later today! My truck is in for the 3rd time right now. 1st 2 times at one dealer and now the 3rd time at a second dealer. I was sent to the second dealer after opening a case with GM. After 10 days at the dealer being worked on, I just got the call that it is ready and that they have it smooth as glass! They stated the GM engineer had been their all day yesterday and that they replaced the entire drive line. I am scared to get too excited, but man I hope they have it fixed! Wish me luck!!!

Edited by Greenagekc
  • Like 1

They know about the problem.. I have been in contact with the gm executive office after emailing marry barra and thier executive assistant who contacted me was well aware of the problem.. They are working on a replacement truck for me but for some reason the truck they are sending from Mexico for me to try (another 2014, even though the 5-6 other 2014 trucks I drove have the same problem) is still in Mexico and they don't know why. So I continue to rack up miles on my vibrator until they can figure out what is going on.

Well, hopefully I will have some good news and updates for everyone later today! My truck is in for the 3rd time right now. 1st 2 times at one dealer and now the 3rd time at a second dealer. I was sent to the second dealer after opening a case with GM. After 10 days at the dealer being worked on, I just got the call that it is ready and that they have it smooth as glass! They stated the GM engineer had been their all day yesterday and that they replaced the entire drive line. I am scared to get too excited, but man I hope they have it fixed! Wish me luck!!!

Do you have an update yet, how or what they did to fix your trucks vibrations.

I am also just like you same problem waiting for a fix!

My brand new 2014 Sierra 5.3 Z71 Texas Edition DoubleCab was delivered with 39 psi (18 inch wheels), but the ride softened when I went to 35. I do have a consistent vibration (feels like tiny, continuous rumble strips) between 40 and 50 mph. Tires rebalanced and checked for round by dealer. Told by GM "they are like that - drive similar and you will see." So I did and NO, THEY ARE NOT ALL LIKE THAT! (Mechanic drove and confirmed vibration.)

Tinny metalic rattle behind driver, too. Can't figure out if it is inside or outside, but very noticeable to both driver and passenger. Tried padding the tonneau cover support bar, lowering the rear seat, and tightening the tool kit hold-down. The only thing that helped was cranking the radio way up - good sound system, anyway.

Truck has been to the dealer 3 times for shaking on the highway. 2014 Sierra DC 4x4 V6 AT z71 w/20 in rims. 22,000 miles. First trip dealer rebalanced the good years and sent me on my way. Second trip I was told 2 tires had excessive road force ratings. Truck is over a year old so it was either deal with the tires or replace them at my cost. I opted for 4 new michelins RF balanced. Truck still shakes at highway speeds. Third trip brought truck back to dealer and a field engineer was brought out to road test with vibration analyzers. Was told that it is operating as designed and that any shaking I am feeling is the feel of the road and stiffer suspension package. Although they do acknowledge it does shake. It shakes a lot between 65 and 80. This is b.s. I was told by GM district manager and the dealership to come pick up my truck and now it is back in my possession. I was told they would contact me if a solution for the shaking comes about. With this being said it leads me to believe this is a known issue. Since then I have brought my truck to Sullivan tire to make sure that the dealer did balance my tires correctly and they are indeed balanced.Truck only shakes at highway speeds. It doesn't shake under acceleration or any other speeds with the exception of v4 mode slight vibration. This is my update.

Been reading the posts, not only on here but others as well and this seems to be a wide spread issue. I just bought a 2014 Chevy Silverado - Tungsten Metallic - V8 5.3 - 3.42 rear - Z71 LT loaded (basically a LTZ without leather/Bose) and Goodyear Wrangler SRA 18"s.... test drive was fine, Fortunately for dealer there is nowhere to test 70 plus mph highway speeds. I buy truck, has 5 miles on it, get on highway a ways away to get home and as soon as I hit 70 plus mph the truck begins shaking wildly. 78 mph seems to be the terribad number. Get off highway and Route 1 the rest of the way home. Dealer now closed. Call dealers service next morning and they politely tell me GM recommends driving the vehicle 500 miles before complaining. ( in so many words ). So I do so and set up appt. They tell me they Rf'd tires and were acceptable, but balance was off on all 4, reset, and rotated. Now its even worse. Now I have terrible regular driving speed noise from the tires ( like in driving on M/T's )and shakes at highway speeds. Plus during the 500 mile "break in" every time the truck comes out of V4 to V8 there is a loud screech noise. Service tells me this is normal. When decelerating, ( ~40-30 mph, and 30-20 mph ) feels like im on a rumble strip the engine shakes like a standard transmission getting ready to stall. Service tells me this is normal. Setting up another appt. with service for rear-end vibration and see where this goes. Ford has the "Eddie Bauer" edition, seems like I got the "Michael J. Fox" edition and should at least get it embroidered on the seats for free if unable to fix. $44k. so unimpressed... :bs: I hope its just bad tires...

What happened? Did they fix your truck, smooth as glass now? The suspense is killing us.

From a F150 forum...

{snip}

"Anyone familiar with the process / success of lemon law pursuits? My new 2014 Lariat Supercab has been in the dealer's shop more than my driveway and they do not seem to be able to find the cause of my issue. I have a vibration at 35 - 40 MPH which they have thrown everything at to no avail (tires, driveshaft, axles, etc.). With only 1,200 miles and no obvious cause, I don't think I want this particular truck anymore, especially $40,000 poorer. Anyone with experience in returning a truck, I'd like to hear how it went with Ford. It's kind of sad that my 2000 Lariat with 330,000 miles rides better than the 2014."

Interesting that neither GM or Ford has the ability to diagnose this type of issue (at least at the dealer level) without throwing parts at it.

Hey all! It's been a while since my last post so here's what has happened since my new ring and pinion.

Vibration seemed fixed with the repair and factory wheels and tires (tested for 2 days of driving) so I put my aftermarket wheels and tires back on. Vibration again. Had them road forced. Still vibrated. Traced to one particular tire and had it replaced. Better but still vibrated. Took to another place for a another road force. Same vibration. Replaced with original wheels and tires. Still had vibration. This Friday last I picked up a 2011 2500 Denali Diesel. 30k miles on it. I am test driving it this weekend. The thing rides and drives like any truck should.

Noticeable differences already;

You can drive at hwy speeds and have a smooth ride.

You can drive at hwy speeds and have just the drivers window down without the "flutter".

The climate control doesn't blow cold air when the engine is cold. It "waits" until the engine has temp then blows.

The front headlamps don't fog over.

The electronics in the display don't lag.

The seats are more sturdy.

No constant downshift on slight acceleration. (Granted this is a diesel but still, that was annoying...)

The list goes on and on.

GM- You have issues with your new truck line. Own up to them. Fix the problem instead of burying your head in the sand. I loved the look of my new 2014 but I hated driving it. Literally HATED driving it. That shouldn't be.

I will most likely end up with this truck. I like the look and I like the drive. More truck than I need but hey, it's only money....

GM- If you want more info, please reach out to me in a PM. I would be happy to discuss my experiences with your new truck in more detail....

All the best to all that are having issues. It's no fun. 5bcf171ea9a6ec2a95e86dd832ebe03e.jpg

Edited by Chappy 1901
  • Like 2

Sorry for the delay! Here is my update. Picked up my truck Friday afternoon, and because of all the work that was done the paperwork was not ready, so they are going to send that to me. So, I really have no idea what all they actually did, or what replacing the driveline entails. The truck does seem really smooth over 70 now, although I haven't been able to put but a couple of miles on it at these speeds so far. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Unfortunately, I still have the vibration in the steering wheel around 45mph. It seems slightly better, but is definitely still there! I am ready to go Chappy's route and get rid of this thing.....