The way silver spaceship described the vibration on his truck is exactly the same way my truck is behaving down to the tee almost sounds like he is describing my truck. And he is right it dose not always vibrant something triggers it, and I know it's the truck because I have tried the same stretch of road with my wifes Tahoe at the same speed and it doesn't vibrate. By the way I have had up to 4 people lots of times with me in the truck and sill dose the same thing. At first I thought it was just me but after reading silver space ship comments and describe exactly what I was going through, now im not crazy lol. What dose it take to get this truck switched out for another one dose anyone know? Or am I SOL on this one? Y do I have to pay 50k for something that is give me headache what can I do about this?

• Like 1

It's possible that the weight has nothing to do with it I just thought to my self on the way home what changed and that's the only thing. It might ride just fine tomorrow, it's unpredictable. One thing is for sure after having a engeneer test drive it and say its normal the dealer isn't going to do anything about it and I can't blame them. Plus the one I test drove did it too, I would say not quite as bad but very close at times.

I too have this problem on my 2014 silverado w/5.3 4x4 z71. Wicked vibration while towing an aluminum open trailer with two atvs. None under normal conditions nor when hauling a 4000 lbs camper. Trailer doesn't vibrate behind other trucks. During lunch I happened to sit next to two service technicians. They said their is a known prop shaft alignment problem with no know fix that they were aware of. If I am thinking about this correctly a light load squats the truck just enough to create the problem. But a heavy load makes it hard to notice. I love the truck but sledding season is on its way, got to get this fixed soon.

Oh that trailer is about 500 lbs plus another 1000lbs of atvs. Creating about 200 lbs of tongue weight. Vibration gets real bad at 55mph.

Edited by Szyikowski
  • Like 2

I have this very same issue on my 2014 Sierra 2WD. I may have a solution (theory) to why it seems to go away sometimes and return other times. I have noticed that on my truck the vibration will get better or worse as I am turning at highway speeds starting at about 65 mph and continuing upwards of 80 mph. I noticed the vibration one weekend on a trip and got the tires balanced the following weekend. The problem seem to be actually worse than it was when I took it in, so I started to really pay attention to it. I started noticing that it would be better occasionally and then worse. I hit a really long bend in the road and that is when I experienced the reason, at least on my truck, why it seems to be better/worse. I felt the vibration cycle from almost gone to really bad and then back to almost gone. It appears that there is a balance issue between the right and left wheels. As they turn at different speeds while turning, they are able to align with each other producing more vibration or offset from each other canceling out the vibration. It never totally goes away on my truck, though. I haven't taken my truck into the dealer yet but I plan on taking it in next week to see if they can check some things out.

On the weight subject, I almost daily haul around 4 other guys during lunch and still have the vibration though the speed in town is only 65 mph so I can't say if it is worse or better with the weight since it is only starting to vibrate at that speed.

Edit: I forgot to add that I have since had my tires balanced twice with no change to the vibration.

Edited by thehad

I had a '12 Grand Cherokee, that did the same thing. It drove me nuts. The dealer said that it was supposed to be that way. I think they just couldnt figure it out. I got tired of fighting with them so I traded in on my '14 silverado.

I have the LTZ and the ride is super soft, rides like a 80's caddy

So after not hearing anything from my local dealer for 9 days i decided to call and see what's the status on my truck. The rep told me that a Chevrolet engineer came down to check the truck. The engineer said it was the drive shaft and order a new and improved drive shaft and gets installed next Thursday, this will be the third drive shaft they put on. The engineer said he was going to put it on and test drive it him self so let's see how that goes.

So after not hearing anything from my local dealer for 9 days i decided to call and see what's the status on my truck. The rep told me that a Chevrolet engineer came down to check the truck. The engineer said it was the drive shaft and order a new and improved drive shaft and gets installed next Thursday, this will be the third drive shaft they put on. The engineer said he was going to put it on and test drive it him self so let's see how that goes.

Hello,

I am happy to hear that the dealership is resolving your vehicle issue. Please keep us inform if you are satisfied with the repair.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

I just had my tires rotated today and the vibration is still in the rear of the truck. The only thing that I can think that it is now is the axle. I will be taking the truck into the dealer next week to have it looked at. I will keep you all posted on what they come up with and if it helped or not.

• Like 1