I really don't have a clue on what it could be all I know is that this Thursday my truck is going to get out of the dealer and I will find out if a new drive shaft did the job, Have to wait and see I'll let you know if that fixes it.

I have the 20" Texas Edition wheels as well. I don't think mine has anything to do with the wheels since I just had them rotated and the vibration is still exactly the same. I will hopefully know more on Wednesday when I take my truck in to have them look at it and see if they can pinpoint where the source is coming from.

And now it's on the back of a wrecker headed back to the dealer. Surging won't get over 30 mph. This has been one hell of a new vehicle experience.

Oh no! I am truly sorry to learn that your vehicle is headed back into the dealership. I would like to look into this concern for you. Could you private message me including a brief overview of your concern, contact information, VIN, exact mileage, and preferred dealership?

Sincerely,

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

Silver Spaceship - does the vibration feel like rumble strips for about a second? Thats what mine was/is doing. Symptoms sound very much the same. I also experienced a slip between 2nd & 3rd gears as the truck was accelerating. My truck spent 2 weeks with the dealer as they couldn't figure out the issue. They experienced the same vibration & slip, so there was no denying it existed. No error codes were present. They eventually called in a field engineer who determined the torque converter was out of balance. Their solution was to replace the torque converter. Had it back for 5 days, and it is starting the vibration & slip issue all over again.

I really think it is the prop shaft for a couple of reasons:

1 Rotating tires does nothing

2 Vibration is inconsistent

3 Weight is a factor

4 Speed is a factor

5 Changing the drive shaft apparently does nothing

6 Changing the torque converter apparently does nothing.

There are a couple of things that can change the angle at the rear end. The amount of torque being applied, weight in the truck (gas, passengers, payload), terrain, and trailering. Until the angle at both ends of the drive shaft are always identical there will be a vibration. Mine was so bad I changed my trailer tires in a parking lot because I thought they were flat spotted.

Silver Spaceship - does the vibration feel like rumble strips for about a second? Thats what mine was/is doing. Symptoms sound very much the same. I also experienced a slip between 2nd & 3rd gears as the truck was accelerating. My truck spent 2 weeks with the dealer as they couldn't figure out the issue. They experienced the same vibration & slip, so there was no denying it existed. No error codes were present. They eventually called in a field engineer who determined the torque converter was out of balance. Their solution was to replace the torque converter. Had it back for 5 days, and it is starting the vibration & slip issue all over again.

Hey there,

I am truly sorry to hear that you are continuing to experience a vehicle issue after a visit at the dealership. I would like to look into this concern for you. Could you private message me including a brief overview of your concern, contact information, VIN, exact mileage, and preferred dealership?

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

I have 20's goodyear on my 2014 LTZ 4wd. Vibration is terrible. Cant stand it. 1st time dealer said the tires were not perfectly round and replaced 3 of them. This didnt fix the problem. 2nd time at dealer and replacing the 4th tire. Not fixed! I spent alot of money for a truck that shakes between 50 and 80 mph. Very upset with the quality.

• Like 1

Got a call from the dealer today and they said that their technicians also confirmed the vibration as I described it. They had to call their regional tech and he suggested three possible things that it could be. The easiest of them was to re-time the drive shaft. I forgot the third thing that they mentioned but the other was to have the drive shaft balance checked. So, they took it off, checked for any manufacturing defects and/or damage (found none), turned it 180o and put it back on. They said that they took the truck out and test drove it and that they did not feel any vibration after. So maybe it is just an alignment issue causing all the vibrations. I won't know until tomorrow since they still have the truck. I will let y'all know when I get it back if this fixed the issue or not. I will be making a trip this weekend, so I will be able to fully test it out. I'll keep y'all updated.

• Like 1

Still could be the tires. I had vibration problems and it has always been the tires or drive shaft. If dealer cannot get it done, I would find a good drive shaft shop in your area. Have them check the shaft. If not a fix then I would go to the tires next. Even a road force balance is not always reliable. If at all possible, find a shop that knows how to true tires AND high speed balance on the truck using a strobe.

The truing and on truck high speed balance has corrected vibration problems for me. And this is even with Michelins. It is the only way I will balance a tire. We have had the road force from Discount when putting on new tires. Not good on large truck tires. True and balance on the truck and all is like glass at all speeds.

If in the San Antonio area, PM me and I will give you the only know shop here. Oh, heck it is Southwest brake and alignment.

Edited by STex
  • Like 1

I

have 20's goodyear on my 2014 LTZ 4wd. Vibration is terrible. Cant

stand it. 1st time dealer said the tires were not perfectly round and

replaced 3 of them. This didnt fix the problem. 2nd time at dealer and

replacing the 4th tire. Not fixed! I spent alot of money for a truck

that shakes between 50 and 80 mph. Very upset with the quality.

Hello joeocean,

I am sorry to hear that you are

experiencing this vibration on your vehicle as well. I also apologize that

replacing the tired like the dealership has tried has not addressed the issue.

Could you private message us your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership

you are working with so we can look further into this situation for you? Thank

you very much for your time.

Gregory W. (Assisting Jennifer)

GM Customer Care

Edited by GM Customer Service
  • Like 1

The drive shaft re-time did not fix the problem. It still vibrates exactly the same as before.

I talked with the service tech and he seems to think that it is road vibrations that I am feeling. I will have to talk with them next week and see what else they can do.

I still think that it has something to do with the rear axle. The amplitude of the vibration changes only when I turn and remains constant at whatever level it reached in the turn while driving straight. So sometimes it is really bad and sometimes it is barely there at all but it never totally goes away.

• Like 1