Hoping that as these trucks get a lot of miles on them that something will show up as THE issue. I see that we are at ONLY 528 pages haha, maybe at 1000 pages the answer will be here. I am at 51k now and my vibration is small but still very noticeable to me. I have never had anyone else comment on it when riding along so I know that I am probably hyper sensitive to it. As a lot of other people have commented this is not what you would expect from GMC the Professional grade LOL.

Hoping that as these trucks get a lot of miles on them that something will show up as THE issue. I see that we are at ONLY 528 pages haha, maybe at 1000 pages the answer will be here. I am at 51k now and my vibration is small but still very noticeable to me. I have never had anyone else comment on it when riding along so I know that I am probably hyper sensitive to it. As a lot of other people have commented this is not what you would expect from GMC the Professional grade LOL.

But haven't others on this forum tried this leaf spring clamp idea and it didn't change their vibration?

As I recall, there are two different kind of "clamps" being used. The ones that actually clamp the spring leafs together, and the mind the has a bolt horizontally to keeps the sides of the clamp together. The second one is really more of a guide, the keep the leafs from spreading apart and would not provide any vertical clamping force like the ones shown in 14LTZZ71's post. His wil actually clamp the spring assembly vertically, and if that includes the over.oad leave, then I would expect is makes the spring rate higher at all times, not just when extra weight compresses the main spring assembly down to the overloads.

What I find interesting about the clamps working is that there are making the suspension stiffer thought the entire range and of motion. I would have thought that would make the ride more "bouncing" and perhaps make the vibration/shake worse. Obviously not. So, gets back to an early post about the frame flexing (I forget the term that was used). This tells me it's a mode shape issue, and changing the suspension spring rate is "defining" the response at 75 mph.

Very interesting!

Having an SUV, I have coil springs in the rear so can't attempt anything like the clamps. And to be honest, my vibration wasn't that bad, although more that a new $85,000 vehicle should have. I say "wasn't" because I recently had the 4x4 transfer case update done and the vibration in the steering wheel is pretty much gone. I'm not surprised, because when I put the selector in 2wd is was pretty much gone. But being its winter, only makes sense to drive around in 4wd Auto, and even on dry pavement, it vibrated in the steering. Now, no where near what some of you are experiencing in the pickups, so I suspect totally different thing.

BTW, I do still see the seats "jiggling" at highway speeds. And I can feel it. Not severe, but it is noticeable. And that coincides with the buffeting/pressure we SUV owners have.

I drove a High Country today and GEEZ what a truck... That thing has options for the options. But guess what.. at 123 kph there's vibration in it's HEATED steering wheel. But overall better ride than mine. The 8 speed coupled with 5.3 actually shifted pretty nice. I guess I verified really no point trading to anything GM at this time. AFM is killing my truck. I noticed after the test drive mine was in AFM and only doing 20kph. Somethings wrong and NOT working as designed so IMHO Its officially a LEMON. This trucks had more garage time in its 3 months than every other vehicle I've owned put together with 30+ years of driving.

Is hot vibration better than cold vibration?

Edited by pm26

Is hot vibration better than cold vibration?

LOL.... It would be nice if my seats heated as fast as that steering wheel did. In this the vibration was slight compared to mine... but give it time I'm sure it will grow into big beautiful fully loaded vibrator.

When the salesman was explaining all the options and he got to the lane assist thingy and how the seat vibrates, I said you better disable that now... these trucks don't need any more vibrations added and besides how would you know when it was working?

• Like 3

I tried the clamps, did nothing for mine, in 4X4 mode vib is really bad. New Sierra should be here in a couple weeks, really hoping for a good one because I love the truck except for the vibs and I haven't had any other problems except for the vib. Bugs the hell out of me because I think GM has the best engines going right now, the 6.2's are amazing engines.

haven't been able to post been busy. my truck went back for a second shot at the oscillation issue at 70+mph cruise.. they replaced the bad tire i pointed out to them with the hump in the tread causing out of roundness (that they missed the first time saying rotating it 180 out on the wheel it balanced.. no way it did.. i had it rebalanced privately and it was pointed out to me

So.... old tire 30+ on the RF balanced new one says 8.. that said it is a little better but still there.. the service writer bill, great guy, owns a 15 CC Sierra short bed with 18's.. says he got his same week i got mine, his does it too.. and he got one with 18's seeing how many 20 trucks had the issue lol.. He said roadforce replaced two tires helped but it's still there GM doesn't know what to do other than throw parts at it.. minimizing the issue but it never truly gets repaired it's an engineering / design issue.. well there's your answer folks and i believe him 100%... most people don't have to deal with it enough that they'll buy out there 2% of unsatisfied owners and hope to hit it on the redesign..

On a side note, they said they are going to repair my damaged wheel (face) in the spring when it warms up a bit.

I put the spring clamps on today and man did it smooth out the ride these rancho's have... if anyone reading this has rancho's on their sierra's these clamps are a must... so happy the oscillation didn't bother me as much lol.. hit bumps with nothing in the bed and it feels so good, like a car over sharp impacts... before it was "nervous" too springed up i guess is a way to describe it? but spend the $15 and it took my 5 minutes to install over the rear tires with my dewalt impact. 1.2.3 done. about 5 inches in front of the rear (closer to cab >>>>).

Great suggestion, why doesn't GM buy a shitload of these clamps and try them on the vibrating trucks in front of and behind the axle. They are only $18, then everyone will love their truck and won't bother others by coming to this thread and posting.

My local dealership is testing that idea.

If they can prove it to GM they are going to get the engineers down and try to get GM to do just that.

This would require GM to admit that there is a vibration problem with some of their 1500 series pickups and I don't anticipate them ever admitting it. With all the parts that have been replaced by dealerships that acknowledge there is a problem, I am hesitant to believe that a simple clamp on a leaf spring is the cure. Like I said, for 18 bucks it's worth a try for anybody with a vibrator but I don't think its the cure.

It's been going on for so long now that I believe overall GM is ignoring the issue and just taking hits here and there on those who find solutions via the BBB. I was told awhile back by my local dealer that requests for vibration cures must be submitted to GM for approval before repair attempts are made, those dealerships that attempt repairs without approval with not be reimbursed for their efforts.

I just bought a 2015 Silverado Crew Cab with 20" wheels. This past weekend, I noticed a vibration at about 50-75 MPH. I Googled "Silverado vibration" and this forum popped up. So here I am.

Has GM identified the problem and determined the fix yet? Sounds like with all the reported cases, they would know what is wrong with some of these trucks? What was everyone's remedy for the vibration?

I just bought a 2015 Silverado Crew Cab with 20" wheels. This past weekend, I noticed a vibration at about 50-75 MPH. I Googled "Silverado vibration" and this forum popped up. So here I am.

Has GM identified the problem and determined the fix yet? Sounds like with all the reported cases, they would know what is wrong with some of these trucks? What was everyone's remedy for the vibration?

Your best bet is to take it back and tell them you enjoyed your 48 hour test drive, there are few that have had some fixed but the risk is not worth the reward. Countless trips to the dealer, multiple tire balances, throwing different parts at it. The issue is 3 years old now and GM is still dumbfounded on what is causing it

So you stumbled on this thread but decided not to read any of it? There is a fix for some but not for others.