This would require GM to admit that there is a vibration problem with some of their 1500 series pickups and I don't anticipate them ever admitting it. With all the parts that have been replaced by dealerships that acknowledge there is a problem, I am hesitant to believe that a simple clamp on a leaf spring is the cure. Like I said, for 18 bucks it's worth a try for anybody with a vibrator but I don't think its the cure.

It's been going on for so long now that I believe overall GM is ignoring the issue and just taking hits here and there on those who find solutions via the BBB. I was told awhile back by my local dealer that requests for vibration cures must be submitted to GM for approval before repair attempts are made, those dealerships that attempt repairs without approval with not be reimbursed for their efforts.

Correct

However I have my local dealer has no problem admitting that 100% of all trucks made vibrate.

They don't care about $18. If that will fix it. They will spend the money and add it to the truck before it is sold.

There goal is to help there customers. All of there customers will happily spend $18 of there own money to make the truck ride better. I did. I would rather spend $18 the schedule another appointment at a dealership.

It wont fix all trucks, depends on why the specific one shakes, but to many people have said it works to not try it.

Was wondering. Did you guys jack the truck up then put the clamps on or just with the weight on the springs?

jim

The bolts tighten them down. There is no reason to jack up the truck.

You can install them in 3 min in the parking lot when you buy them if you have a wrench.

I tried the clamps, did nothing for mine, in 4X4 mode vib is really bad. New Sierra should be here in a couple weeks, really hoping for a good one because I love the truck except for the vibs and I haven't had any other problems except for the vib. Bugs the hell out of me because I think GM has the best engines going right now, the 6.2's are amazing engines.

Can I get more info about your truck?

Where is the vibration?

Are you a 1/2 ton or larger?

Where did you put the clamps?

How tight were the clamps?

Is your bed loaded?

Have you had a RFB done?

4x4 engaged had no impact on my vibration. We might have a different cause. I am aware of 3 different types of vibrations.

I had the RFB done and the add the clamps. So have several others.

Yes, we drove them in between to make sure it was not the RFB.

Yeah I read it. A lot of differing opinions, but nothing concrete from what I read? Just wanted to see if it can be condensed.

Fix 1 was ??????

Fix 2 was??????

Fix 3 -you are screwed?

fix 1 = bought a dodge

fix 2 = bought a toyota

fix 3 = bought a Ford

Personally, I had great success with a stupid $18 clamp. My truck is vibration free.

If you go back to around page 550 and read forward you can find all this info.

• Like 2

I drove a High Country today and GEEZ what a truck... But guess what.. at 123 kph there's vibration in it's HEATED steering wheel.

This is the other vibration. I do not believe a leaf spring clamp will do any good.

Those of us with confirmed fix from a clamp never had a vibration in the steering wheel.

That is from the front end and/or the engine. Most likely the power steering pump.

My vibration was 100% in the rear end. Felt like back tire was out of balance.

LOL.... It would be nice if my seats heated as fast as that steering wheel did. In this the vibration was slight compared to mine... but give it time I'm sure it will grow into big beautiful fully loaded vibrator.

When the salesman was explaining all the options and he got to the lane assist thingy and how the seat vibrates, I said you better disable that now... these trucks don't need any more vibrations added and besides how would you know when it was working?

Like your avatar and location. Wish I had thought of it.

• Like 1

Can I get more info about your truck?

Where is the vibration?

Are you a 1/2 ton or larger?

Where did you put the clamps?

How tight were the clamps?

Is your bed loaded?

Have you had a RFB done?

4x4 engaged had no impact on my vibration. We might have a different cause. I am aware of 3 different types of vibrations.

I had the RFB done and the add the clamps. So have several others.

Yes, we drove them in between to make sure it was not the RFB.

Which truck, this is my second vibrator. Steering wheel, seats, 1/2 ton. clamps 7 inches behind axle, bed unloaded, no, I put new tires on it, didn't change a thing.

Question about TIRES.... several pages back, someone mentioned they put new Michelin tires on their truck and seemed the vibration issues are gone. Couple questions for you....

1. Which exact model and size of Michelin tire?

2. Which vibration issue(s) were you having?

I've been reading some reviews on Michelins's Premier LTX SUV/Truck tire and one of the common comments is how quite and smooth the tires are. Makes me wonder if these might be helpful for some of the noise and vibration issues we're all having. Maybe not the shaking in the rear end of the pickups, but some of the other vibration and harshness. I realize it would be kinda sucky if one one particular tire was needed to get a decent ride, but there is no questions tires will make or break a vehicle and so far, the endless parade of Bridgestones, Continentals and Goodyears hasn't done the trick.

This is the other vibration. I do not believe a leaf spring clamp will do any good.

Those of us with confirmed fix from a clamp never had a vibration in the steering wheel.

That is from the front end and/or the engine. Most likely the power steering pump.

My vibration was 100% in the rear end. Felt like back tire was out of balance.

These trucks don't have a power steering pump, the have an electric motor for power steering assist.

They DO have feature in the controller for the electric steering assist they say is to reduce "smooth road shake" which is basically something virtually all vehicles do when making wide sweeping turns on smooth roads at highway speeds.

Supposedly the new Colorado has an update for the programming of this smooth road shake reduction, and I thought it was mentioned that the HD trucks also had a program update, but nothing for the 1/2 ton.

Not a good sign.. Just like all has been said here before. I called the dealer today regarding vibration on my 2015 Silverado bought on Saturday. They said they are aware of the problem and said to put some more miles on it and bring it in. If not corrected, the said they would road force balance--sound familiar. I asked if this does not solve the problem, does GM have a fix for this? He said "no"!! I think I am officially in this shakey club of yours

These trucks don't have a power steering pump, the have an electric motor for power steering assist.

They DO have feature in the controller for the electric steering assist they say is to reduce "smooth road shake" which is basically something virtually all vehicles do when making wide sweeping turns on smooth roads at highway speeds.

Supposedly the new Colorado has an update for the programming of this smooth road shake reduction, and I thought it was mentioned that the HD trucks also had a program update, but nothing for the 1/2 ton.

You are correct. I don't have the issue so I did not listen much. I could not remember the term and I did not want to look it up.

There is an update for the 2500 and 3500 as well. But someone on this forum said no update for 1500's

Clamps wont help. Wrong vibration source.

NS, put tires on the first one also, went for ride with GM and PICO on second one. On second one he said its from rear end, ring and pinion. I've known dealer all my life, told him I didn't want a truck we were tearing apart with 1000 miles. He agreed, and now a new one is on it's way. To the newbies with vibs just joining this thread, GM can't fix them. Good luck, some get better with almost perfect tires, but if it is a vibrator, get rid of it. There is no permanent fix. Read this thread, some trucks have had rear ends, shocks, driveshafts, tires, rims, etc. If you get a good one you don't understand. This thread is 3 YEARS OLD. That alone should tell you something, 3 years GM has been trying to fix this. Even if they blew off the first year they have still had 2 years. 2 years with how many engineers? I really hope my next one is good, if it isn't I'm getting a Ford, 3 times is enough.