You are correct. The Titan Is designed in CA, engineered in MI, the engine is assembled in TN, and final assembly is MO.

It's 100% American.

Yes, my Sierra is Mexican.

I highly highly doubt that it is 100% American.... Nothing is 100% anything

• Like 1

Well, I'm sitting with a celebratory drink as I write this. I am happy to say that I received an offer letter from GM today, It is literally everything I had asked for. They are buying my 2015 Chevy Silverado LT back through a trade assist. Not going to go into all of the details, But I will have my 2017 Sierra Denali 6.2l V8 in 10-12 days max. I have to do some paperwork and have it notarized and then it back as does the dealer. Then GM has to process it and we get out close date.

I can't believe the fight is finally over

Edited by Jesse D
  • Like 3

Congratulations Jesse, looking forward to comments on your new truck. Hopefully, they will be positive. Your story is a modern update of "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington" for sure. The little guy can prevail if he has the Perservence. You know, while driving home yesterday from voting I felt for the first time a shake in my truck. I immediately thought, "oh no, my truck is coming down with the dreaded Chevy Shake"! Then, after calming down and analyzing the situation, I realized it was actually me shaking, caused by my thinking about the prospect of the Hildabeast becoming POTUS! Hoping that it will go away in ten days but afraid I'm going to have to endure it for four long years :( Anyway, good luck with your new truck :) !

• Like 1

You are correct. The Titan Is designed in CA, engineered in MI, the engine is assembled in TN, and final assembly is MO.

It's 100% American.

Yes, my Sierra is Mexican.

Only about 10% of total cost is in final assembly. And, F/A requires the least skill of just about any task along the manufacturing process as most of form/fit/function is computerized and performed by robotics. Hence, the reason it's so easy to relocate it offshore or out of country such as Mexico.

• Like 1

Well, I'm sitting with a celebratory drink as I write this. I am happy to say that I received an offer letter from GM today, It is literally everything I had asked for. They are buying my 2015 Chevy Silverado LT back through a trade assist. Not going to go into all of the details, But I will have my 2017 Sierra Denali 6.2l V8 in 10-12 days max. I have to do some paperwork and have it notarized and then it back as does the dealer. Then GM has to process it and we get out close date.

I'm not jealous ... I am not jealous ... I AM NOT jealous!!! :help:

Congratulations Jesse, looking forward to comments on your new truck. Hopefully, they will be positive. Your story is a modern update of "Mr. Smith Goes To Washington" for sure. The little guy can prevail if he has the Perservence. You know, while driving home yesterday from voting I felt for the first time a shake in my truck. I immediately thought, "oh no, my truck is coming down with the dreaded Chevy Shake"! Then, after calming down and analyzing the situation, I realized it was actually me shaking, caused by my thinking about the prospect of the Hildabeast becoming POTUS! Hoping that it will go away in ten days but afraid I'm going to have to endure it for four long years :( Anyway, good luck with your new truck :) !

Thanks SB, I hope its positive too. I'll tell ya, its definitely not an easy fight, but if you stick to your guns and wait it out, you can do it. It also doesn't hurt to send a scathing email to the CEO, VP of Consumer Experience, President of North America, and the President of the company :crackup:

I'm not jealous ... I am not jealous ... I AM NOT jealous!!! :help:

hahaha Willy, don't worry bud, you'll get there. It just takes time

Great to hear Jesse. Been a long road. I was offered a trade assistance option and declined due to not only the sour taste in my mouth over the truck; but the way Chevrolet chose to handle it. Trust me, Chrysler is worse than Chevrolet when it comes to warranty participation; but I expect that from them. Chevy used to be one of the best when it came to standing behind their product. Not the case nowadays.

Great to hear Jesse. Been a long road. I was offered a trade assistance option and declined due to not only the sour taste in my mouth over the truck; but the way Chevrolet chose to handle it. Trust me, Chrysler is worse than Chevrolet when it comes to warranty participation; but I expect that from them. Chevy used to be one of the best when it came to standing behind their product. Not the case nowadays.

I couldn't get them to give me a buy out, but I'd say that my deal is pretty damn good

Good job, hopefully new one is better!! Although if they are not sure what is problem, doubt it's fixed.

I have 2016 for the first 9445 miles it was good, except for a decel vibe I had due to pinion angle from lowering the truck but was livable.

Well now I have the full blown vibration on my truck, local dealer won't do anything since its lowered. I will need to be sorting that out on my own, hopefully can fix it.

Had driveshaft out to be trued and balanced no issues there. This afternoon will remove driveshaft and drive truck as FWD and see what happens.

Edited by wuznme