Well, dropped her ('15 Silverado lt 4x4 v6) off this morning.. got in a brand new Loaner 2017 Silverado Lt 2x4 v8 with 7miles on the odometer....

Shakes 2x as bad as mine at highway speeds. Unreal. Not gonna cry because it's a loaner, but I'd be pretty pissed if this was my seriously BRAND NEW truck...

:(

Almost makes me think mine does not have the "Chevy shake" like I thought it did, man... this sucks. I hate it for anyone who has one that shakes this bad...

Good job, hopefully new one is better!! Although if they are not sure what is problem, doubt it's fixed.

I have 2016 for the first 9445 miles it was good, except for a decel vibe I had due to pinion angle from lowering the truck but was livable.

Well now I have the full blown vibration on my truck, local dealer won't do anything since its lowered. I will need to be sorting that out on my own, hopefully can fix it.

Had driveshaft out to be trued and balanced no issues there. This afternoon will remove driveshaft and drive truck as FWD and see what happensDont you

Dont think you can drive it as a FWD. The slip yoke on the driveshaft fits into a seal to prevent fluid from spilling out the transfer case. You might end up with a mess.

Edited by Towerhog

Dont think you can drive it as a FWD. The slip yoke on the driveshaft fits into a seal to prevent fluid from spilling out the transfer case. You might end up with a mess.

That is correct. You will piss out all your fluid and burn up up the the T-case if you try to drive it with the rear drive line removed.

Good job, hopefully new one is better!! Although if they are not sure what is problem, doubt it's fixed.

I have 2016 for the first 9445 miles it was good, except for a decel vibe I had due to pinion angle from lowering the truck but was livable.

Well now I have the full blown vibration on my truck, local dealer won't do anything since its lowered. I will need to be sorting that out on my own, hopefully can fix it.

Had driveshaft out to be trued and balanced no issues there. This afternoon will remove driveshaft and drive truck as FWD and see what happens.

Be sure to video it!!!!

RT

No videos...but it is definitely not the driveshaft.

Not an issue, I'm not an idiot fellas just used some HD aluminum foil and a lot of Gorilla tape and only lost little over 1/4 qt when refilled.

Truck still vibrates...will play some more tomorrow and try to narrow it down.

Well, dropped her ('15 Silverado lt 4x4 v6) off this morning.. got in a brand new Loaner 2017 Silverado Lt 2x4 v8 with 7miles on the odometer....

Shakes 2x as bad as mine at highway speeds. Unreal. Not gonna cry because it's a loaner, but I'd be pretty pissed if this was my seriously BRAND NEW truck...

:(Almost makes me think mine does not have the "Chevy shake" like I thought it did, man... this sucks. I hate it for anyone who has one that shakes this bad...

Any chance of a video of the loaner shaking? I bought a 2017 and curious what a bad shaker looks like, don't have time to go test drive some others.

Thanks

Just wanted to know if anyone knows if GM finally acknowledged there's an issue with the shaking/vibration? Mine started doing it at 700 miles. Haven't made my first payment on my truck yet and it's already going in to the dealer because mine shakes really bad between 70-80mph. If I go past 80, it instantly goes away. Very weird. Here's the most crazy thing, if I'm driving in bad/rough roads the truck bounces pretty bad but the vibrations goes away. If i drive on good/well paved roads, the truck doesn't jump as much but the vibrations between 70-80 is horrible. My apartment complex has crappy roads and when coming home at very slow speeds I can feel and hear every little buump on the road. Horrible truck. Was buttery smooth up until 700-800miles.

I have a 2016 silverado custom and i am having vibration issues at all speeds when lightly pressing the pedal. dealer said there was nothing wrong with the truck but they are wrong i personally think its in the torque converter or trans but i am tired of arguing with them

I have a 2016 silverado custom and i am having vibration issues at all speeds when lightly pressing the pedal. dealer said there was nothing wrong with the truck but they are wrong i personally think its in the torque converter or trans but i am tired of arguing with them

Try another dealer.
  • Like 2

I was finally able to get a loaner about 10 days ago so I dropped off my 16 with 6k miles for vibration.

I know they have road forced balanced multiple times and replaced all the tires at least once. I'm going to start asking for trade assist now.

how many attempts have you had/ how many days has your truck been in the shop?

Just wanted to know if anyone knows if GM finally acknowledged there's an issue with the shaking/vibration? Mine started doing it at 700 miles. Haven't made my first payment on my truck yet and it's already going in to the dealer because mine shakes really bad between 70-80mph. If I go past 80, it instantly goes away. Very weird. Here's the most crazy thing, if I'm driving in bad/rough roads the truck bounces pretty bad but the vibrations goes away. If i drive on good/well paved roads, the truck doesn't jump as much but the vibrations between 70-80 is horrible. My apartment complex has crappy roads and when coming home at very slow speeds I can feel and hear every little buump on the road. Horrible truck. Was buttery smooth up until 700-800miles.

Nope, but if you press enough and are persistent, you can get things done.

yes go to a different dealer, thats what I did. My first dealer wouldn't even acknowledge the problem, I changed servicing dealers and they worked on my truck alot

how many attempts have you had/ how many days has your truck been in the shop?

Nope, but if you press enough and are persistent, you can get things done.

yes go to a different dealer, thats what I did. My first dealer wouldn't even acknowledge the problem, I changed servicing dealers and they worked on my truck alot

They fix it?
  • Like 1

My '16 Denali has 6660 miles on it. Still vibrating after several sets of tires. I'm also in the 70-80 MPH camp.

When it was in last week for another attempt to fix the vibes, they gave me a '16 Crew Cab Regular Box 4x4. Had that running at all sorts of highway speeds and rode like a luxury car. Wheelbase have anything to do with it maybe?

Anyone with a 6.5' bed Crew having the vibes?