2 hours ago, bumtruck said:

Was wondering with the vibration in your gas pedal, do you have a V6 or V8 motor ?  Unhappy Camper-- are you saying that you get the vibration at different speeds ?

I'm only seeing it on the highway  at speeds above 60 mph,up to 60 it rides pretty smooth.  I have V6 motor and V4 mode doesn't seem to cause any side effects so far.

got v8

4 hours ago, flyingfool said:

v4 mode requires special valvetrain in the motor in order to disable the cylinders the lifters or cam have to bi-pass the valvetrain. I've heard this part has failed on other trucks.  could possibly be a weak lifter that operates V4 mode, 

This engine is very complicated , and GM is still updating it with fixes for the 2019 models..

Does this apply to the V6  motor also ?

On 1/26/2019 at 6:31 PM, jagabom said:

Did you raise it using the  Superchips Flashpaq? Did not know it would do that.   I just ordered one. 

Jim

Yes, you get two options. You can raise the idle at PARK and when you're in DRIVE. I raised 50RPM's in PARK and 100RPM's in DRIVE. The vibration is almost nonexistent when sitting at a stop light but I still get vibration on the highway.  

On 1/27/2019 at 10:40 AM, flyingfool said:

i have yet to see anyone on here successfully fix the vibration issue , yet a new driveshaft might work for a few owners with twisted or a slight bend in the shaft, but how are these trucks different from the past GM trucks that didn't have this vibration issue, that is the question i have to ask.

And the one big thing that stands out is the engines have changed.  I get a vibration in my truck , but only in the gas pedal not the driveline..

GM has gone to Direct Injection, this is the big tech jump that is causing the vibrations! I'm going to theorize that the engine is out of tune somewhere with the Direct Injection system. Also since the Intake valves are not being washed down with gasoline from a fuel injector, that maybe the pcv system is contaminating  and causing coke sludge to form on the intake valves, further causing disruption to airflow to the cylinder head. 

anyone whose tune and 1970'-1990's era sport bike would understand if the intakes idle vacuum ports are out of balance airflow wise you get bad vibrations at idle 

That may be a possibility in some cases but not mine.  A couple of times I've worked my '16 Silverado Z71 LT 5.3  to about 90 MPH, then put it in neutral, and the vibe continues until the truck slows to 65-70ish, so mine likely isn't engine related.  Some here swear it's the driveshaft, or tires, or wheels, or tq. converter, or.....  Some have had success in changing/swapping tires and or other parts.  And some have spent allot of $$ changing a few to several parts, and no success.

That said, what you describe may be the cause of your vibration, and possibly for some others here.  But it's prolly not the end all to the vibe issues.  But thank you for your input.

On 1/27/2019 at 12:47 PM, bumtruck said:

Was wondering with the vibration in your gas pedal, do you have a V6 or V8 motor ?  Unhappy Camper-- are you saying that you get the vibration at different speeds ?

I'm only seeing it on the highway  at speeds above 60 mph,up to 60 it rides pretty smooth.  I have V6 motor and V4 mode doesn't seem to cause any side effects so far.

my vibrations are the worst at 65-75 and 75-75 being the worst. can feel some starting at the 25 mph but pretty mild. sometimes the steering wheel is very good for short periods of time. I dont know if these v8's go from 4 to 6 to 8 cyl, or just back and forth from 4 to 8 cyl.  but never stays away for very long. looking at some new tires as i drove home the other day on these factory Goodyear eagle what evers, factory 4 ply highway tire, and they are horrible on snow. Little nervous cuz i need a 10 ply for where I live on this gravel road. I am afraid that is going to make the feeling worse, but have heard it has helped a few... I have been keeping very accurate records of the speeds, road surface types and conditions, etc to try to really figure out where things are the worst. And of course winter is such a great time to try and figure all of this stuff out when I dont have a place to do anything inside and all the road issues during winter.

Does anyone know if a person can keep these 5.3's from going into v4 mode? I would like to just try it in v8 mode only to see if that does anything. cant find anything in the owners manual. and also looking thru the manual, I want to find the fuse or whatever for the power steering (found everything else)  and be able to find and keep some extra fuse with me. Where I live  can be down right dangerous or deadly during the winter and some of these damn long blizzards to be stuck along side the road just because of a bad fuse. Keeping up on the lessons learned many years ago and using a bit of common sense. These pickups have 3 fuse panels from what I have found so far, and at least u dont have to stand on your head to see them anymore!!  LOL

Does anyone know if a person can keep these 5.3's from going into v4 mode? I would like to just try it in v8 mode only to see if that does anything. cant find anything in the owners manual. and also looking thru the manual, I want to find the fuse or whatever for the power steering (found everything else)  and be able to find and keep some extra fuse with me. Where I live  can be down right dangerous or deadly during the winter and some of these damn long blizzards to be stuck along side the road just because of a bad fuse. Keeping up on the lessons learned many years ago and using a bit of common sense. These pickups have 3 fuse panels from what I have found so far, and at least u dont have to stand on your head to see them anymore!!  LOL

8 minutes ago, unhappy camper said:

Range Technology

https://rangetechnology.com/afm-disabler/

or custom program

• Like 1

1 hour ago, unhappy camper said:

You can put the trans in manual mode, gear 5, and it will not go into AFM. Your RPM's will be higher so your mileage will suffer, but if you just want to see if AFM is the culprit, this is a way without a programmer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dearmosd said:

Range Technology

https://rangetechnology.com/afm-disabler/

or custom program

Just be aware that some members report dead batteries if the Range is left in too long without being driven...I hear they work good if you buy one that is the current version...some find them used and they may not have the current version of whatever software they use.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, unhappy camper said:

Did not like the Range in my 14. Set off CEL’s all the time. We put Michelin defenders on our Tahoe, what a great tire, may not be as stout a tire as you are looking for though. I have always had great luck with Cooper tires in the past, maybe check out the Discoverer AT3 XLT. 

I have a 2018 Sierra Denali 6.2 with 1000 miles on it. I noticed the shutter/vibration the day I picked it up (Dec 27, 2018). Just had the flush at the dealer yesterday with new fluid. It is 100% better. Hopefully that did the trick. I will update if it comes back. Thanks to all that posted.. Definitely pointed me in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2019 at 1:45 PM, Ericruiz911 said:

Update: Finally got the call from GM's repurchasing department and it looks like it is still another two weeks before this is over. I am no longer dealing with the BBB or GM customer service, it is a completely different department that works with the dealership to establish the offer. Just in case anybody was wondering.

So time for another update. I picked out a truck at the dealership and GM began doing the paperwork for the contract. On February 1st, I got the offer from GM and need to sign and return it for them to begin processing it and it would be 4 days before I was in the new truck. Looking over the paper work, there was an additional $1700 charge for "aftermarket parts". I contacted the GM representative and he said that is what the dealership provided and that the truck has aftermarket side steps, bed liner, and wheel locks. I told him that isn't correct because I even have pictures of the truck without the items when I originally picked it out. Well, looks like the dealership tried to make some money on the deal and I refused to pay for them so now we are back to square one. I tried asking GM if they could tell the dealership to take the parts off and they said "Unfortunately, because they’re their own entity and separate from GM, we can’t make them do that." I told GM I would be willing to order a truck and the representative told me that because this went through the BBB, the process is a bit complicated and GM generally doesn't allow people to order trucks. To get that processed, they would have to set me back up with original lady who was my first point of contact at GM, and was an absolute nightmare to work with, for her to approve it and tell me my next steps. I still have not heard back from GM after countless calls since last week so I am done with this and will being pursuing a full lawsuit against GM. Just thought those looking to go into the buyback process would like some insight on how GM handles their customers.