On 2/14/2019 at 7:35 AM, yojo said:

The posted speed limit in ohio was 65 at the time! NO it doesn't state in the  warranty that you have to obey the speed limit, that is what I was told at my dealer...Hence the point I was trying to make is that they will try anything from flat spots on tires from sitting on the lot to "excessive speed" to get out from having to try to solve the problem!

There's an easy answer to what the dealer told you.  People are allowed drive out of Ohio, I assume, and many States have a higher speed limit.  Unless GM proposes to claim you must never drive above the speed limit for the State you purchased the vehicle, then they have no standing in complaining about up to 85 mph.

Edited by mjb4450
  • Like 1

On 2/12/2019 at 7:27 AM, Snoringbear said:

Oops!  Almost forgot!  Loop SH 130, a 40 mile toll road that runs around the southeast side of Austin has 85 mph speed limit.  I’ve driven it a couple of times but was towing my camper in both instances so didn’t get to enjoy the experience ?...

HEY! SB! how ya been bud? 

Someone I was talking with brought up a very interesting issue. He asked if all of the vehicles having these issues came from the same manufacturing plant. So I mentioned that to some others and what has been an interesting find so far is that every vehicle VIN that starts with  the number '3', was built in Mexico. have confirmed now that three of these vehicles VIN's start with the "3". So out of curiosity, and anyone willing to post, does your VIN start with a 3? Not going to make any difference but sure would be interesting , at least for me to see how many others do. I had to get winter tires and got some BFG KO 2's. They are a bit hard to balance so unfortunately i get some tire vibration now but when spring hits will try some of the Michelin's. The BFG's are the best I have found for where I live for the kind of snow and weather we get. Was concerned the Michelin would not be good as there is not anyone else around here that has them on anything.

On 1/30/2019 at 11:10 PM, JimCost2014 said:

Did not like the Range in my 14. Set off CEL’s all the time. We put Michelin defenders on our Tahoe, what a great tire, may not be as stout a tire as you are looking for though. I have always had great luck with Cooper tires in the past, maybe check out the Discoverer AT3 XLT. 

Thanks Jim. There is literally no one around where I live that use the Michelin's, so I went with what I have been using. I will try some in the spring tho. I live in a remote rural location and sometimes the weather here gets terrible and the BFG KO2s haven't let me down so far. However they do not balance that great so that's life I guess. thank you for all of your input and responses

A little weight in the bed, a wheel hub replacement and a new set of Michelin Defenders. The original Bridgestone were very bad. Put you truck on a lift and run the truck in drive just make sure all wheels are spinning true. Problem gone. Also check your skocks. I have a 2014 Silverado High Country 49,000 miles on 22's. After 4 years I got I right.

I have the shake at 80 MPH. Dealer did the transmission flush and told me to drive 200 miles. I still have the shake and it hasn't gotten better, even after 500 miles. 

They refuse to look at this issue because the speed limit is 65 MPH on the closest highway and the issue is at 80 MPH. I remember a speed limit of 80 MPH when I was driving through Texas. I shouldn't have to drive back to Texas from Florida to have a dealer diagnose this issue. Does anybody know how to handle a situation with the dealer like this? I offered to drive and they declined, saying the tech wouldn't feel comfortable at that speed. I told them that the shake exists at 80 MPH and I have video to show it and the speed is irrelevant to having somebody get started in diagnosing the issue, checking the driveshaft, the suspension components, etc. 

On 2/16/2019 at 10:54 AM, jagabom said:

How's the FERD?

Jim

It was great, best of any of the vehicles I’ve ever owned!!! GM(3), Nissan(1), Ford(2) or Audi(2). 

Unfortunately I was involved in an accident and it got totaled, so I’m currently in an Audi.... wanted to get another, but decided it was too much for driving into the city for work, needed something smaller.

• Sad 1

Bought a set of Michelin LTX Defenders today (stock 265/65 18s). Paid the difference to upgrade as I got tired of the Goodyear SRAs slipping all over in the snow and constantly changing balance. Also found out my toe alignment was out in the front and had that fixed under warranty, after I insisted the dealership check it.

Vehicle drives nicer than it absolutely ever has in my year of ownership (2018 LT Z71 crew 4x4). I have slightly more road feel now due to stiffer side walls (I run at 36lbs cold all around), but the ride is SIGNIFICANTLY better over the Goodyears and there is no vibration at all anymore, even in my bench seat console. They all roadforced to 12lbs or less easily. Took it to 95 mph and it drove great.

Couldn't be happier. Would've never considered the Michelin's had it not've been for this post (always had good luck with Cooper ATPs), so cheers to all of you who suggested them.

20 hours ago, Colossus said:

You'll be pissed by how quickly the Michelin's wear out. 

I’ve read similar complaints from some folks who said they only lasted 30-40k miles, while others noted 70k+. But honestly, I paid for only a tire and a half out of the set of four (dealer ate the rest), so even if they wear quicker than I’d like, it still beats those shit SRAs. These tires don’t vibrate at all. If the Michelin’s let me down on treadwear, I’ll go back to Coopers afterward. My wife’s 2016 AWD Equinox has the OEM Michelin Latitudes on them, and they’ve been solid for 40k miles and look like there’s another 15ish or so left. 

So far, my only complaint is that I lost my white sidewall lettering from the Goodyear SRAs.