22 hours ago, epstein said:

did your vibration come back after the axles and driveshaft were replaced?

Brian 

No mine is good . Center console just shakes on bumpy roads now going to do a center console swap soon . 

I just took my 2018 Silverado 1500 back to the dealer for this vibration issue They replaced the torque converter a few weeks ago with no relief Can't wait to see what they come up with this time

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a little update on the truck because i have had a few guys message me and ask . Truck has been very smooth still since changing the driveshaft to a new aluminium one piece and swapping in the Yukon axles . 

Had my tires road force balanced last week because i lost some wheel weight off-roading and what a difference that has made truck feels smoother now then the day i bought it .

Hope this helps others . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/5/2013 at 8:11 AM, ChevyTech77 said:

Either the tire/wheel assemblies have excessive radial force variation, the rear driveshaft (propshaft) is out of balance or the right side engine mount needs to be shimmed 3 mm. Those are the only vibration issues that I have seen with a K2XX truck.

Can you tell me what is the test to determine if you need a 3 mm shim for the engine mount?   

What I find interesting about this issue is that some days, I take the same road, go about 78-80 mph and have major vibration.  Other days, same road, same speed and NO vibration.  Is it possible that road heat, heat outside, etc can play a role in how much vibration there is?  The other night I had none but previously that day on the same road during the day I had the normal (what I am used to) vibration.  Just curious if mine is the only one that is intermittent.

My 14 Denali is the same way. Sometimes it’s great sometimes it shakes really bad. Same roads. I just got my truck back from the dealership. I replaced the tires, pad, rotors and CV joints before taking it into the dealer. From my experience they will place blame anywhere they can. Perfect example they told me my new tires were the problem. I told them no it’s the exact same vibration as before new tires. They replaced quite a few parts in the trans and it still does the same thing.

I just noticed they said my tires were starting to cup. The new tires didn’t even have 300 miles when I took it to the dealership. My old tires didn’t wear uneven or have cupping. Frustrating.....

d37c7ae1253ec27d96faddce6d77b821.jpg

dc375b9b405399b2ea2707fe31862548.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

40 minutes ago, da90 said:

My 14 Denali is the same way. Sometimes it’s great sometimes it shakes really bad. Same roads. I just got my truck back from the dealership. I replaced the tires, pad, rotors and CV joints before taking it into the dealer. From my experience they will place blame anywhere they can. Perfect example they told me my new tires were the problem. I told them no it’s the exact same vibration as before new tires. They replaced quite a few parts in the trans and it still does the same thing.

I just noticed they said my tires were starting to cup. The new tires didn’t even have 300 miles when I took it to the dealership. My old tires didn’t wear uneven or have cupping. Frustrating.....

d37c7ae1253ec27d96faddce6d77b821.jpg

dc375b9b405399b2ea2707fe31862548.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's ridiculous!  They're brand new!  The sad thing is, when I bought mine new in June 2016, I bought some used rims and thought the vibration was due to a bent rim.  So I bought a whole new rim and still had the vibration and got rid of the tires and the wheels thinking that would solve it (before I knew about the vibration as an issue for most of us).  Now I run  new black 22's and tires and was convinced I screwed up something on my side because of the whole rim issue and it's something GM didn't do right.  And because I didn't know it, I never asked for anything to be done, I thought it was my RIMs.  I am hoping for enough complaints that they'll be forced to do something.  Until then, I will just keep driving it, vibrations and all!

• Like 1

2016 1500 Z71 Chebby…. dealer told me the vibe was from the "aggressive" tread of the Bridgestone Duelers.  Aggressive tread?!?  WTF, apparently he believed I just fell off the cabbage truck.  Needless to say, no resolution to the problem.  Good thing is (I guess), the truck only rarely vibrates.  And only at highway speeds after driving for 20-30 or so minutes.  Something, maybe the tires (not aggressive tread related), gets warmed up and causes or leads to the vibration.  Prolly will be my last GM product after 50 years of GM for 95% of my vehicle purchases, unless they step up.

• Like 1

Just took mine back to the dealer for shaking between 40-75 mph 2018 LTZ 5.3  6 speed  2wd So far the dealer has in this order changed the torque converter. changed the motor mounts. road force balanced the tires. scratched up one of the aluminum rims. changed trans fluid and replaced scratched up rim The shake is exactly the same as the first time I took it to them. I dropped the truck off this morning for another round

IMG_6655.JPG

2 hours ago, Rick Murphy said:

Just took mine back to the dealer for shaking between 40-75 mph 2018 LTZ 5.3  6 speed  2wd So far the dealer has in this order changed the torque converter. changed the motor mounts. road force balanced the tires. scratched up one of the aluminum rims. changed trans fluid and replaced scratched up rim The shake is exactly the same as the first time I took it to them. I dropped the truck off this morning for another round

IMG_6655.JPG

I would ask them to check the run out of the driveshaft and or the rear axle shafts . 

Edited by Kylebr1