In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

This is nothing new and has been mentioned multiple times in this thread.  Works for some but not for others.

On 1/15/2018 at 7:25 PM, 1SLOW1500 said:

(P/N 23469809 – Qty 2) Note free under warranty read bulletin

Also you can read the Bulletin Helps understand where GM thinks the issues are. There are other bulletins for trans,converter, program(8speed) and also a rear shock recall. 

https://gm.oemdtc.com/753/vibration-analysis-and-diagnostic-2014-2015-chevrolet-silverado-gmc-sierra

Thanks for the link, however I have a '17, any bulletins you know of for my year?

Thanks for the link, however I have a '17, any bulletins you know of for my year?
Should apply for 17 also. It was just dated at the time for those years. Same body truck. Honestly print the bulletin and walk it in. They like to act like you the customer doesn't know. But parts are free and so is service so screw them make them fix it. Also depending on your issue there is a bulletin for undercoating spray above trans.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

This is nothing new and has been mentioned multiple times in this thread.  Works for some but not for others.
Yes as I stated there are other ways to fix depending on truck options and trims. The worst seems to be the 8speeds. Also the 2 degree can be too much. Then there is a bulletin for that, so I got that part coming also. 72190e5e1ca0509200f1238c8116d3b7.jpge17cf6260d4b152a5887a7f08256bbc8.jpg18aa24f8e3e7cb8e6e4ffb525d419753.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

787 pages of Shake and Vibration issues.

I traded off my 2 2014's and bought a Raptor and King Ranch back in April.

How often have they been in the shop for Warranty? NEVER

Chevy man for over 50 years but the new Government Motors is crap.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yup....got sick of the shitty 8 speed,highway vibes,and multiple lifter n pushrod failures....dumped the POS and went back to Ford.

When a dealership shop admits the tranny wasn't right but Chev wouldn't touch it was the final straw....

GM can kiss my ass

• Like 2

Lots of folks believe the  pushrod/cam in block engine  is obsolete technology as compared to the DOHC engine.  Actually, both designs date back to the turn of the 20th century.  And, there are pros and cons for each.  The pros for the pushrod is it’s lighter (exempting the true hemi elephant) and has a lower center of gravity, generally creates more torque (push) due to a slower burn rate.  Pros for dohc is faster burn rate, more high rpm hp, no valve float to speak of, great for racing.  So, the debate about which concept is better depends on usage and preference.  Personally, for truck use I prefer the naturally aspirated pushroad.  Just my two bits 😊...

On 1/25/2018 at 9:42 AM, bosro said:

Yup....got sick of the shitty 8 speed,highway vibes,and multiple lifter n pushrod failures....dumped the POS and went back to Ford.

When a dealership shop admits the tranny wasn't right but Chev wouldn't touch it was the final straw....

GM can kiss my ass

What ya gonna do when your Furd starts shakin?

What ya gonna do when your Furd starts shakin?

Pump your brakes. That's an F-250.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Smooth as glass....the ride and the tranny.

Hope the GM 10  speed is as good

I think the development of 10 spd tranny was a joint Ford/GM collaborative endeavor.  So, presumably it should function about the same for both.  Perhaps, some programming differences such as shift points, etc.  just guessing though... 

So traded my '14 double cab. Decided to stick it out with GM and got an '18 Silverado Crew Cab regular bed. So the 153 wheelbase. 5.3 Z71 6 speed 3.42... Well it doesn't vibe much on the highway but a bit of a shudder on acceleration and deceleration. Having played the shim game on my last truck,  I rolled my eyes and looked underneath. I guess they are rolling them out with shims in them now. I was perfectly smooth till the 500 mile mark. I don't highway much. Prolly have them taken out. Funny part is, in Maine, when you buy a new Chevy, you get lemon law paperwork with your packet and owners manual. Once it's your fault. Twice it's mine...

• Like 1

So traded my '14 double cab. Decided to stick it out with GM and got an '18 Silverado Crew Cab regular bed. So the 153 wheelbase. 5.3 Z71 6 speed 3.42... Well it doesn't vibe much on the highway but a bit of a shudder on acceleration and deceleration. Having played the shim game on my last truck,  I rolled my eyes and looked underneath. I guess they are rolling them out with shims in them now. I was perfectly smooth till the 500 mile mark. I don't highway much. Prolly have them taken out. Funny part is, in Maine, when you buy a new Chevy, you get lemon law paperwork with your packet and owners manual. Once it's your fault. Twice it's mine...

They come with shims? Can you expand....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are shims in between the leaf springs to change the angle between the drive shaft and rear axle assembly.

Ohhh.... I guess I missed a few pages.

Is that affected when guys level / lift trucks?

Obviously the shake is there from the factory on some of these trucks (my 2014 included) so ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk