LED Under Rail Bed Lighting

Finally received the lamp kit and installed. Was a very easy process, and yes, the lights go on with the Cargo lamp button.

I have ordered another lamp kit as I want to install another set of lights at the front of the box. I will be sure to snap lots of pics!

• Like 1

I didn't do as well as anthony, but I was able to score one of these kits from the same E-bay seller this morning for $60 plus $6 shipping, which is about half of wholesale. These will look great on my '13!

How are you going to install them? I'm asking because I would like these on my 2009.

How are you going to install them? I'm asking because I would like these on my 2009.

Since the inside bed walls are very similar between the two generations, the lights will fit like a glove, but will require drilling the mounting holes. Obviously, the wiring will have to be modified, since the kit plugs into the module by the spare tire on the '14's. I am going to use a door jamb switch from an older GM vehicle, and the lamps will illuminate when the tailgate opens. On the '14's, they illuminate when the cargo lamp switch is depressed.

Edited by 2013sierrasle
  • Like 1

Since the inside bed walls are very similar between the two generations, the lights will fit like a glove, but will require drilling the mounting holes. Obviously, the wiring will have to be modified, since the kit plugs into the module by the spare tire on the '14's. I am going to use a door jamb switch from an older GM vehicle, and the lamps will illuminate when the tailgate opens. On the '14's, they illuminate when the cargo lamp switch is depressed.

Gotcha. I was wondering if you would tap into the cargo light wiring or put a switch in the cab or bed.

I dont plan on leaving the tailgate down for extended periods of time, so the tailgate operated switch would work fine. If the tailgate is going to be left down for several hours or days at a time, then I would tap into the existing cargo lamp circuit.

Job 1 was to install LED lights in the factory holes. Was easy to do, but found that I wanted more light, so we purchased another Lamp kit...definitely not your e-bay prices :crackup:

Drilled in new holes for the front LED lights to sit...the photos should step you through the rest of it...

IMG_00001279.jpg

IMG_00001282.jpg

IMG_00001286.jpg

IMG_00001287.jpg

IMG_00001294.jpg

IMG_00001295.jpg

IMG_00001297.jpg

• Like 1

What is the sellers name? I would pay 60 for a set!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251401734309?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_48wt_1323

Greensboro316

Just snagged a set from this same guy!!

edapagag.jpg

• Like 1