First Oil Change

Do you just go by the computer for the first oil change, like all the others? Or is the 2014 like some new vehicles in that you do the first oil change within a certain amount of miles regardless of what the computer says? like a break in oil change..

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dealer told me that if I brought it to them every 7500 miles and let them do the change with that Dexos oil that they would Guarantee the motor for the life of ownership.

ok... so you don't need to touch it until 7500. I just didn't know if the 1st oil change was different and maybe had some type of break in oil. Maybe all that stuff is in the past..

I asked that very question to the dealer, and they said no. Same oil in it now is what they will put in it at 7500 miles.

GM will pay for oil changes and tire rotations every 7,500 miles for two years or 30k, every 2014 has this standard. Also your remote link app for a smartphone will work for 5 years, regardless if you pay for onstar or not. This is standard on every 2014.

I always change mine at 1000 miles to "flush" anything out, then when the truck tells me too. I sent my oil out twice after changing when DIC warned me. Both times oil had life left so I trust the system.

GM will pay for oil changes and tire rotations every 7,500 miles for two years or 30k, every 2014 has this standard. Also your remote link app for a smartphone will work for 5 years, regardless if you pay for onstar or not. This is standard on every 2014.

this is awesome! I didn't see that listed anywhere?!

this is awesome! I didn't see that listed anywhere?!

I haven't seen that either. Can you provide a resource that states this info? That would be awesome.

Nice! Does that include the remote start with the smart phone? That would be nice for work in the winter time.

Nice! Does that include the remote start with the smart phone? That would be nice for work in the winter time.

Yes it includes the cell phone start, lock, and lights and horn. This feature is best for impressing dodge and ford guys.

Hi Everybody,

Just wanted to give some more clarification on the RemoteLink application for 2014 vehicles. Once your vehicle is activated with the free trial as long as you use the Remote features within that time the application will continue to connect if you decide not to renew. The only features the application will not be able to access without an active subscription would be the Navigation and Diagnostic features, I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Jaymz, OnStar Advisor
Social Media Team

Hi Everybody,

Just wanted to give some more clarification on the RemoteLink application for 2014 vehicles. Once your vehicle is activated with the free trial as long as you use the Remote features within that time the application will continue to connect if you decide not to renew. The only features the application will not be able to access without an active subscription would be the Navigation and Diagnostic features, I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Jaymz, OnStar Advisor

Social Media Team

That's awesome!! Way to go GM!!

Hi Everybody,

-Jaymz, OnStar AdvisorSocial Media Team

Great! Thanks for stepping in and clarifying this for us.

- Sent from my sexy iPhone.

Archived