First Oil Change

Hi Everybody,

Just wanted to give some more clarification on the RemoteLink application for 2014 vehicles. Once your vehicle is activated with the free trial as long as you use the Remote features within that time the application will continue to connect if you decide not to renew. The only features the application will not be able to access without an active subscription would be the Navigation and Diagnostic features, I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

-Jaymz, OnStar AdvisorSocial Media Team

Is the two year/24,000 mile scheduled service plan still included as well?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of vehicle manufactures are giving free oil changes for a certain amount of time when you purchase a new vehicle. I know of a few dealerships that off it for the life of the vehicle if you buy from them. They see the benefit of it. Some one comes in with an older vehicle for an oil change and next thing you know they are driving out in a new one. LOL

Is the two year/24,000 mile scheduled service plan still included as well? Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

GM customer assistance center would be better at assisting you with answering any service plan questions, their contact number is 866-522-9559. I hope this helps.

-Jaymz, OnStar Advisor

Social Media Team

Yea shitty part about it is that I might only get two oil changes out of it. I only put about 6000-8000 miles a year on my car... Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I would check and see if there is also a time frame since you don't put very many miles on your vehicle. They might do it every six months in that case. I have seen very low mile oil turn up bad on a used oil analysis especially with convention oil.

Isn't the oil in the new motors synthetic?

I thought that is what the Dexos was. A synthetic oil.

- Sent from my sexy iPhone.

That was in response to this post...

I would check and see if there is also a time frame since you don't put very many miles on your vehicle. They might do it every six months in that case. I have seen very low mile oil turn up bad on a used oil analysis especially with convention oil.

I imagine the dealer will use whatever bulk oil they have in the barrel for the change.

I would hope not after reading about what the big deal is about the Dexos 1 certified oils, etc. and what it costs to get Dexos 1 certified, etc.

I will definitely be asking what oil they use when it's time. I might even ask them to show it to me.

- Sent from my sexy iPhone.

Archived