2014 Toppers, Caps, Campers

With any of the caps, does having the back glass open offer any appreciable rain protection if you are sitting on the tailgate?

My ARE cap does not. Very little coverage as the back glass is open very vertical.

I ended up with the ARE CX HD cap. It has an internal aluminum frame so you can load the racks more than other caps. I custom fit an Alurack to the ARE posts so that it doesn't sit so high. Without doing so, the rack would have been another 3" higher. I also powder coated the rack black.

Love the cap so far. It has all the led lighting when you open the sides or back. Very robust cap.

1c72f94cc8710fec6679b1aea386abfd.jpg0c86b1d0af55293edfb5bd78fd94fdef.jpga45f0b936644b4347f74adea62009d99.jpg

• Like 1

With any of the caps, does having the back glass open offer any appreciable rain protection if you are sitting on the tailgate?

I had the glass on my other truck adjusted so it was parellel with the tailgate when open. That kept the rain off if it wasn't​ blowing from the back or sides.

Edited by Deadeye

Has anyone reading this post purchased an A.R.E. with the walk through back door or the snugtop outback with barn doors? My wife thinks that if we are going with a topper, make it easy to access. Our climbing abilities have "matured". What are your views on these products?

Has anyone reading this post purchased an A.R.E. with the walk through back door or the snugtop outback with barn doors? My wife thinks that if we are going with a topper, make it easy to access. Our climbing abilities have "matured". What are your views on these products?

Not used either......But, the SnugTop looks nice! I have the XTR New generation and it's expensive but it rocks!

I like toppers enough said! Buy a SnugTop!

Not used either......But, the SnugTop looks nice! I have the XTR New generation and it's expensive but it rocks!

I like toppers enough said! Buy a SnugTop!

I parked next to a truck with the XTR a few days ago and was very impressed! They are worth the extra cost!

I would like to hear about mid-rise canopies. There are a few brands that make canopies similar in style to the cab high but are 3-4 inches higher. I don't want to waste money if this extra height is useless. Is there anyone who has regretted buying a cab-high because of a lack of inside or door height?

The extra height isn't useless if

I would like to hear about mid-rise canopies. There are a few brands that make canopies similar in style to the cab high but are 3-4 inches higher. I don't want to waste money if this extra height is useless. Is there anyone who has regretted buying a cab-high because of a lack of inside or door height?

The extra height isn't useless if you need the extra room for hauling items or making it easier when going in and out of the bed. There have been a few times I have wished for the ARE MX for the extra height of the door opening.

For somebody who uses a truck for the purpose of a truck would want the extra height! I have hauled furniture with no problem and it's cab high topper but eventually I will run into the "Need and extra Inch" Please, I understand the comment I made..........

I decided to go with the cab-high. I couldn't justify the extra cost based on the possibility of carrying larger objects. The money saved will pay for having over-sized items delivered to my door! I am happy to have finally made a decision and will post a picture or two when it arrives. Thanks for the informative comments on this topic!

Leer 100 xl. Couldn't remember if I posted this for reference.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Looks great! I ordered a Century which looks similar. I am looking forward to its arrival. I meant to ask here before ordering whether I should order with or without a liner. I ordered it with one and hope it was the right choice!

Looks great! I ordered a Century which looks similar. I am looking forward to its arrival. I meant to ask here before ordering whether I should order with or without a liner. I ordered it with one and hope it was the right choice!

You mean roof carpet? I've had both but prefer not liner. Hard to clean and extra weight. Not a big deal though

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk