Low beams stopped working on '05 Tahoe

Hey guys, long time no login! Anyway, the other night the low-beams on my '05 Tahoe just stopped working. They work fine on high-beam, but oncoming traffic isn't appreciating that. The low-beam bulbs are only about six months old, and they both stopped working at exactly the same time, so I highly doubt that's the problem. I was hoping someone could point me to a place to start looking. Is there a separate fuse for the low beams from the high beams? Maybe the switch? A relay?

Try jiggling the switch to see if the Low beams come on, just to be sure its the multi function switch. Have replaced 2 lately for people. Working the MF switch caused them to light briefly. Would bet this is the problem though

Part is around $100 most places

Edited by txab

there in the fuse box in the engine compartment. HDLP-LOW is the relay you need. under the cover should be a diagram of where it is, or your owners manual..what i have done is remove the relay, they can be hard to remove, but wiggle it and lift and it will come out. use your fingers, and NOT pliers. i have used the ac relay and replaced the low beam one just to test. if your lows come back on then just pick up another relay. if not, then trouble shoot your switch..

good luck

• 6 years later...