2014+ Leveling Kits

10 hours ago, Piggywutz said:

2015 with a Zone 2" level. Wheels are Vision Valor 18x8.5 with 0 offset. Tires are Toyo Open Country AT2 Extreme 285/65/18.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

That's what I'm looking to do. This Friday I'm doing the 2" RC Level and still debating on the 285 or 275. What PSI did you fill them to? Any Idea in loss of MPG yet?

5 hours ago, mnm99 said:

That's what I'm looking to do. This Friday I'm doing the 2" RC Level and still debating on the 285 or 275. What PSI did you fill them to? Any Idea in loss of MPG yet?

I have them at 45 psi. I only drove home from the tire shop so far, so I don't know about mpg's yet.

16 hours ago, mnm99 said:

On my 14 275/70 18s I lost ~2. That was after recalibrating speedo for the larger tire.  Would thinks it’s close to the same for both sizes.  I really like the looks of the 275 but thinking of going to 285 on my next set. No room for chains with the 275s. But it’s hard to swallow the price difference between the two. 

7 hours ago, chewy22 said:

On my 14 275/70 18s I lost ~2. That was after recalibrating speedo for the larger tire.  Would thinks it’s close to the same for both sizes.  I really like the looks of the 275 but thinking of going to 285 on my next set. No room for chains with the 275s. But it’s hard to swallow the price difference between the two. 

The 275/70 you have is 33.2" tall. The stock I have is 31.6" 265/65. I like the 285/65, but the more I read I don't think I'm going to do it just because I'm looking more for function than looks. Kinda 60/40... The 275/65 is 32.1" and they don't weigh that much at all. It should still look good with a nice tread like the Wildpeaks and not affect my gas mileage too much. We''ll see. Thanks

Edited by mnm99

2014 Silvy Crew,_ IMG_0236.thumb.jpg.158049a838275d61ee391d15ed5e4030.jpgMotofab 2 1/2 up front and Ebay 1" block in rear, Falken wildpeaks 285/65/18 , when i first started looking at the lifts seemed 2' had more rake than i liked so I compensated, bought a 2 1/2" up front, alot of pics on the NEW trucks seem pretty level however, on mine once installed then the back sat 1/2' lower..WHY because a 3 yr old truck with a seasoned suspension. So answered issue with 1' rear lift, to do it over i would of went with 2 or 2.25 front lift  

• Like 1

On 11/21/2017 at 7:34 AM, Geiser100 said:

Finally got my RC 2" level installed. I have a 2015 regular cab with 17 wheels and 265/70/17 tires. Looks great. I took it to a reputable shop in my area. They quoted me $85-95 to install and $65 for alignment plus $5.00 to adjust headlights. Ended up costing me $75 for install and $58 for alignment. Came to $157 total. They even drove me home and picked me up. Best service I've ever had from a shop. I'll post picrures later!

Wth... that's awesome. I called a shop here in OKC yesterday and they quoted me $370. Looks like I need to do some more shopping. 

Edited by rudyb

Well I ended up finishing the first part. It's a 2 inch RC level. The ride is a little rougher. I can feel the road a bit more.  There is about a 1 inch rake. I'm good with that.I don't get all the fuss with the kit. I installed both sides in 20 min not including jacking and removing the tires. All I did was jack up the entire front end so both tires were off the ground. Remove top nut on sway bar. Remove both strut bolts. Use a pry bar and push down on the upper arm. Just slid the puck in with some effort and that was it. No removing ball joints ect... I think I'm going with 275/65r18 Falken Wildpeaks.

level4.jpg

level3.jpg

level1.jpg

level.jpg

level2.jpg

Edited by mnm99

23 hours ago, mnm99 said:

Well I ended up finishing the first part. It's a 2 inch RC level. The ride is a little rougher. I can feel the road a bit more.  There is about a 1 inch rake. I'm good with that.I don't get all the fuss with the kit. I installed both sides in 20 min not including jacking and removing the tires. All I did was jack up the entire front end so both tires were off the ground. Remove top nut on sway bar. Remove both strut bolts. Use a pry bar and push down on the upper arm. Just slid the puck in with some effort and that was it. No removing ball joints ect... I think I'm going with 275/65r18 Falken Wildpeaks.

level3.jpg

I've been running 275/65r18 Nittos G2s on stockers and 2.5 level for 3 years....it's just mehhhh to me.   Barely any bigger than the stock 265s.  MPG is 17.5 to 18 (non towing).     IMO the 285/65 is perfect size for a level.  I might even go 285/70 Nitto RGs when these wear out.  Depends on if I take the plunge and put a CST 4.5 on it or not.    Would like to get my suspension travel back.

5 Mar 15 Briar road (2).JPG

I can see 275/65r18s being meh, they are the same size as the factory 20s. I run that size on my stock High Country in the winter to keep the speedo honest.

Edited by Daly

Went with 2" RC. Ride loss VERY minimal. Waiting on treads until we know for sure if we are moving to Hawaii or not. More than happy with the stance. I wanted some rake left up front for any light towing/hauling.

20171209_153843.jpg

Edited by Spate47

On 12/7/2017 at 6:08 PM, mnm99 said:

level4.jpg

level3.jpg

level1.jpg

level.jpg

level2.jpg

Looks great! Just picked mine up today too with 2" front and awaiting tread decision. Glad I still had about an inch or so of rake left. 

Edited by Spate47