2014+ Leveling Kits

Hey there!!  New to the forum and to the idea of leveling, so please forgive my ignorance. 

Just graduated from an '03 F150 to a 2018 Sierra 1500 SLT Z71. While the F150 sat fine out of the factory, I do wish my new truck was just a hair higher up had a little larger and more aggressive tires. But I don't want to mess with is what is otherwise a perfect truck and jack up factory components. 

Thinkg about a 2inch RC front level and and 285/55/20 Yokohama G015. Would those fit ok? Would I need to mess with the back at all? I barely know what a spacer is. 

Thanks in advance. 

Before and After - Motofab 2.5" level on the front.  Still stock tires and wheels for now.  I definitely like the leveled look and drive and am happy with it.  

Thank you to those who answered my questions about leveling on here in the past - you were helpful.  I'm glad I did it!  

IMG_0413-edit.jpg

IMG_0434-edit.jpg

Edited by 03msc
  • Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 9:35 PM, cbtk18 said:

Hey there!!  New to the forum and to the idea of leveling, so please forgive my ignorance. 

Just graduated from an '03 F150 to a 2018 Sierra 1500 SLT Z71. While the F150 sat fine out of the factory, I do wish my new truck was just a hair higher up had a little larger and more aggressive tires. But I don't want to mess with is what is otherwise a perfect truck and jack up factory components. 

Thinkg about a 2inch RC front level and and 285/55/20 Yokohama G015. Would those fit ok? Would I need to mess with the back at all? I barely know what a spacer is. 

Thanks in advance. 

I have the 2" RC front, nothing done to the rear and 285/65R18 on mine...that tires is just slightly larger than the one you are looking at...you would be fine.  to check tire sizes...here is a good reference point:

https://tiresize.com/calculator/

post pics!

• Like 1

2" motofab level Atturo trail blade a/t 275 60 20. Dead on level front to back. Thinking of adding 1" rear block. Only complaint about tires are they only measure 32" tall. Supposed to be 33". But I guess this will help my mpg. 

20180606_180711.jpg

1 hour ago, Trevs Silv14 said:

2" motofab level Atturo trail blade a/t 275 60 20. Dead on level front to back. Thinking of adding 1" rear block. Only complaint about tires are they only measure 32" tall. Supposed to be 33". But I guess this will help my mpg. 

20180606_180711.jpg

No to thread jack, but can I ask what vent visors you have? 

I have had two sets of AVS in-channels and on both the rear visors have deformed and make contact with the window. So much that if you roll the window down you can't roll it back up unless you push the visor out. 

I prefer the in channel look, but about to give up and go stick on. 

Nice looking truck by the way.

I believe I have AVS as well and drivers REAR also gave me this problem. Been meaning to replace it. Looks like ass. There's another brand that I thought about trying..but can't remember. Anyway it's only the drivers rear. Was gonna post more pics but it's giving a 4.4 mb limit on pic download. Can't figure out how to reduce size to download.

New to the forum, and have a 2018 LT Z71 4wd Crew cab. Looking to level it and have seen rumbling about the stamped UCAs causing problems. I got a great price on the Readylift 2.25 kit with UCAs. Is anyone running this Kit? I am also thinking about installing the 2.25 blocks in the rear. Are the control arms necessary?

1 hour ago, fliptide said:

No to thread jack, but can I ask what vent visors you have? 

I have had two sets of AVS in-channels and on both the rear visors have deformed and make contact with the window. So much that if you roll the window down you can't roll it back up unless you push the visor out. 

I prefer the in channel look, but about to give up and go stick on. 

Nice looking truck by the way.

Try EGR ..I believe they have better reviews.

7 minutes ago, Trevs Silv14 said:

Try EGR ..I believe they have better reviews.

Thanks, I will look into them. To AVS/Lund credit, they have sent replacements twice. Second set came in yesterday and arrived broken, just ready to have a functional set. It is mid 90's here already and it sure is nice to be able to crack the windows during the day while it sits in parking lot.

New to the forum, and have a 2018 LT Z71 4wd Crew cab. Looking to level it and have seen rumbling about the stamped UCAs causing problems. I got a great price on the Readylift 2.25 kit with UCAs. Is anyone running this Kit? I am also thinking about installing the 2.25 blocks in the rear. Are the control arms necessary?

You will for sure need to use the arms, there have been reports of ball joints popping out the top of the stamped arms with leveling kits which is why the arms are starting to be included on leveling kits for them. They are junk, I wish GM never would use them again. It should ride a little better with the arms since it will have a more neutral ball joint angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran the same 2.25 kit without the ucas when I 1st got my truck. They didn't offer a kit with ucas when I got it. I noticed that they now say on their website that you have to run different ucas with this kit if you have stamped ucas. I put about 20k miles on it without an issue besides 1 of my junk Rancho shocks going out. I ended up adding cognito ucas which helped it ride a lot better. I guess it's because the corrected angle.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I ran the same 2.25 kit without the ucas when I 1st got my truck. They didn't offer a kit with ucas when I got it. I noticed that they now say on their website that you have to run different ucas with this kit if you have stamped ucas. I put about 20k miles on it without an issue besides 1 of my junk Rancho shocks going out. I ended up adding cognito ucas which helped it ride a lot better. I guess it's because the corrected angle.

Thanks. I just hope the new UCAs maintain the same ride quality.

You will for sure need to use the arms, there have been reports of ball joints popping out the top of the stamped arms with leveling kits which is why the arms are starting to be included on leveling kits for them. They are junk, I wish GM never would use them again. It should ride a little better with the arms since it will have a more neutral ball joint angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You and me both. I will definitely install the new UCAs.

Thanks. I just hope the new UCAs maintain the same ride quality.

They should. I'm about to install bilstein 5100s when I get some spare time. I'm done with the ranchos. Pretty sure 1 is out again.