2014+ Leveling Kits

I have a 2in front leveler. Everything seems fine except on low speeds parking lot type areas I notice a banging sound and or heavier than normal vibration then the parking lot or road should give.

I put some spacers on the truck while the wheels were removed I noticed the upper control arm resting on what appears to be a stop of some sort. Having looked at some new vehicles over the weekend I notice there looks like there's about an inch space between these upper control arms and the stop. Here is a picture of what I have. The dealer installed these when the truck was new. Were they installed wrong? Should they be sitting on the stop?

Thanks for any advice or comments, I may be putting on a regular 3 inch lift anyway but I don't want to run into any more problems with a rough ride or a heavy banging rattle noise from the front end.

The first picture is a three-quarter ton at the Dealer's unmodified

The second picture is my driver side, there is really no gap between the underside of that upper arm and the stop.5570f53f30153858f5f6561e7c15637e.jpgefb3a5eaf8e572835e0767ea881f6b5b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 03/09/2018 at 9:11 PM, KJS Sullivan said:

I have a 2in front leveler. Everything seems fine except on low speeds parking lot type areas I notice a banging sound and or heavier than normal vibration then the parking lot or road should give.

I put some spacers on the truck while the wheels were removed I noticed the upper control arm resting on what appears to be a stop of some sort. Having looked at some new vehicles over the weekend I notice there looks like there's about an inch space between these upper control arms and the stop. Here is a picture of what I have. The dealer installed these when the truck was new. Were they installed wrong? Should they be sitting on the stop?

Thanks for any advice or comments, I may be putting on a regular 3 inch lift anyway but I don't want to run into any more problems with a rough ride or a heavy banging rattle noise from the front end.

The second picture is my driver side, there is really no gap between the underside of that upper arm and the stop.5570f53f30153858f5f6561e7c15637e.jpgefb3a5eaf8e572835e0767ea881f6b5b.jpg

Did u get wheel alignment after level put in?  Verify that with ur dealer cause that can cause vibration. 

Level kit will reduce clearance between UCA and bump stop which means limited down travel so if u hit a speed bump bit too fast it could clunk and hit the stop.  I think my bump stop has a rubber piece un it but I dont see one in urs

On 8/27/2018 at 7:37 PM, mrskiff said:

Debaged and tinted. Could be a bit cleaner but wanted to snap some pics. 2.25" level.50e078a4c8e6c2aee21deb414d539f3e.jpgf1f35f78a668cc3db2528e2e7430f96c.jpg0de4a89495295a738e4d700b9717105e.jpg52f81c5e8f03665b91904df23e9eb464.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

looks great!  If you wanted to completely debadge, you might consider getting some either blue or black vinyl and covering the Z in the grill...maybe even the 71 too...I color matched mine in black and personally really like it...not a tough job at all.

• Like 1

I have a 2014 Sierra z71 single cab short bed. Any recommendations on a leveling kit and some tires that will clear on stock 18s? And also would I have to change out any parts while I'm doing the leveling kit to avoid future problems. The truck is currently all stock . Any help? Please and thank you

6 hours ago, Jorge Garcilazo said:

I have a 2014 Sierra z71 single cab short bed. Any recommendations on a leveling kit and some tires that will clear on stock 18s? And also would I have to change out any parts while I'm doing the leveling kit to avoid future problems. The truck is currently all stock . Any help? Please and thank you

I have a RC 2" front level, stock rear...I also put BFG KO2 285/65 on my stock 18" rims and for me, it is all I need and the look I wanted...no rubbing.  you can scroll though this thread though and find dozens and dozens of opinions.

What type of wheel spacers did you get? The good ones have the hub centric ring either milled or attached so you don’t get the clunking sound especially at sudden impact. Dangerous without hub rings too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bilstein leveling shocks up front for more budget oriented or my preferred billet aluminum front 2.25” top and lower strut mounts plus a 1” in rear. I prefer the aluminum billet spacers from 4wheelparts and then later buy Bilstein front and rear 5100’s. Reason I don’t like the leveling shock is cause you’re screwed if it goes out on you with larger tires but you’d be fine if the shock went out on you with installed billet aluminum spacers, just get new shocks. You’ve got the 14 model which doesn’t have the cursed new stamped steel UCA’s (upper control arms) that cause your tires to rub them.

b4ef54435f785b88df55e9cacbf9bcde.jpg
Before. Already leveled with 2.25” pro comp.

c5a66a8874412d4136b3ce45aaa108bf.jpg88d1e78614f8a041d809c450924c8d8f.jpg
After getting 285/65R18 on stock wheels and NFAB side steps for the wife.

Pretty happy with how she came out.

I’ve got same level, added a 1” billet aluminum spacer in rear and made a big difference, may help with your mpg’s too

13 hours ago, SNAFU88 said:

Didn't care for the nose-high appearance of the truck with the 2" level so I installed the 2 inch rear block to give it a bit of rake again.  Subtle difference but just enough to fix the problem. Before and after:

80-_img_2218_e5853e5f6a94e36608f0f7f4897

80-_rearblock_624115fe5289acb3707d038cd4

2" still has a slight rake...

17 hours ago, SNAFU88 said:

Didn't care for the nose-high appearance of the truck with the 2" level so I installed the 2 inch rear block to give it a bit of rake again.  Subtle difference but just enough to fix the problem. Before and after:

80-_img_2218_e5853e5f6a94e36608f0f7f4897

80-_rearblock_624115fe5289acb3707d038cd4

What brandc2" block did u go with?

No vibrations?